Gunfighter Pro with KG12 grip

Nascar

If I get a Gunfighter Pro with KG12 grip and the Warthog adapter, will I be able to switch the grips out to the Thrustmaster Warthog, F-18 and Virpil V.F.X.? I'm confused if the adapter works with the extended Pro base.

Thermaltake Core P90 Tempered Glass//Thermaltake iRGB Plus 1200W//GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS MASTER LGA 1151//i9-9900K//Thermaltake CL420 Copper Radiator//Thermaltake W4 Plus//Thermaltake 140mm Radiator Fan Triple Pack//Samsung 1TB 970 EVO NVMe M2//SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 500GB //CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 64GB 3200//GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce RTX 2080 TI//Logitech G940//Virpil MT50 Throttle//MFG Crosswind rudder pedals//Geko GSeat//Gametrix Jetseat//Htc Vive//Pimax 5k+//Viril VFX//Razer Nari Ultimate

You need one adapter for each Thrustmaster grip (A-10, F-18 ) you plan use in Gunfighter base.

But (VirPil) V.F.X. no one know if will work.

Anyway VKB are working in their own F-14 grip, to be released in... "two years, be sure". ;)

Edited by Sokol1_br

You need one adapter for each Thrustmaster grip (A-10, F-18 ) you plan use in Gunfighter base.

But (VirPil) V.F.X. no one know if will work.

Anyway VKB are working in their own F-14 grip, to be released in... "two years, be sure". ;)

So their adapters are "grip specific" not "base specific"? On their EU store they have adapter (GF Pro) marked as "for Warthog". I have always thought that means that it makes compatible the grips made for Warthog base not only Warthog grip itself.

So their adapters are "grip specific" not "base specific"? On their EU store they have adapter (GF Pro) marked as "for Warthog". I have always thought that means that it makes compatible the grips made for Warthog base not only Warthog grip itself.

The adapter is designed to bolt in place of the Warthog's stem. Just because another grip has the footprint of the Warthog doesn't mean it is mechanically identical in terms of the shape/mounting method used inside the grip.

I just converted my F/A-18C grip using the VKB Warthog adapter. Per the other thread, it was not quite plug-n-play. The piece being removed from the grip was identical, but the geometry of the installation was not quite the same. I had to file down parts the brand new adapter to make it fit in the F/A-18C grip. Basically, just rounded off a corner to fit within the radius of the curve of a downward extension for the pinky lever switch. I have no idea what the stem of a Virpil stick looks like when disassembled. What are the odds that they used the exact same geometry to install their stems as the base of the stick?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes, their adapter is for make 3rd part grips compatible with their (VKB) base, not for make their base compatible with 3rd part grips.

So if you have three 3rd part grips that plan use in VKB base need three adapters.

The pre-condition is that this grips work like Warthog grip:

Using the same Shift Register controller inside, the electronic part of adapter look for serial protocol send by Shift Register.

Although the adapter was made specifically "for Warthog, was used by two persons at least, in F-18 AddOn grip - with some modification. Probable can be used in Cougar grip too.

In VPC grip is high improbable that work, even in the electronic part match - VPC grips use Shift Register of Warthog, little chance that the mechanical part of adapter fit inside VPC grips without extensive modifications.

Yes, their adapter is for make 3rd part grips compatible with their (VKB) base, not for make their base compatible with 3rd part grips.

So if you have three 3rd part grips that plan use in VKB base need three adapters.

The pre-condition is that this grips work like Warthog grip:

Using the same Shift Register controller inside, the electronic part of adapter look for serial protocol send by Shift Register.

Although the adapter was made specifically "for Warthog, was used by two persons at least, in F-18 AddOn grip - with some modification. Probable can be used in Cougar grip too.

In VPC grip is high improbable that work, even in the electronic part match - VPC grips use Shift Register of Warthog, little chance that the mechanical part of adapter fit inside VPC grips without extensive modifications.

OK, I get it - probably :smartass:

Their adapter goes into the grip, right? So one may have just one adapter but then he will be forced to move it from one grip to another every single time, or make some exterior piece where he would plug his grip and this piece would be plugged to the base itself.

OK, I get it - probably :smartass:

Their adapter goes into the grip, right? So one may have just one adapter but then he will be forced to move it from one grip to another every single time, or make some exterior piece where he would plug his grip and this piece would be plugged to the base itself.

Would have to do this every time he wanted to swap grips, and nobody knows if it will fit the F18 grip, let alone the V.F.X. and of course no analogs like the twist or thumb wheel would work on the v.f.x.

Edited by aniron

Would have to do this every time he wanted to swap grips, and nobody knows if it will fit the F18 grip, let alone the V.F.X. and of course no analogs like the twist or thumb wheel would work on the v.f.x.

Intitialy I thought that it is kind of the outside adapter to fit the threaded connector on TM/Virpil with this more specific system used by VKB and some electronics. I forgot that it goes inside the grip. Now I see that it would be even more of a fun unless you make custom mechanical adapter TM to VKB.

Will it fit F/A-18 grip? Most likely, ask streakeagle here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=249703

he claimed to have 2 TM grips (A10+F18 ) and 2 VKB adapters, thus I suppose that he is using Hornet-one in this way.

Functionality of the Virpil ones on VKB base through adapter are questionable as at-least some of them have axis that are not on TM ones. I am not sure whether somebody has already tested them.

I guess that by the second time you dismantle one grip for migrate this two adapters for another, will consider buy more adapters. :D

Remember that adapter is two parts - one electronic, a small PCB circuit and other mechanical that replace Warthog "neck" and nut.

Mechanical part - made for Warthog, fit in F-18 AddOn with some grinding, will fit inside VPC?

VKB-VPC.png

Edited by Sokol1_br
picture

That's a lot more hassle than I was thinking. Thanks for posting the video. I guess I'll get the V.F.X. with T-50 base.

Thermaltake Core P90 Tempered Glass//Thermaltake iRGB Plus 1200W//GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS MASTER LGA 1151//i9-9900K//Thermaltake CL420 Copper Radiator//Thermaltake W4 Plus//Thermaltake 140mm Radiator Fan Triple Pack//Samsung 1TB 970 EVO NVMe M2//SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 500GB //CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 64GB 3200//GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce RTX 2080 TI//Logitech G940//Virpil MT50 Throttle//MFG Crosswind rudder pedals//Geko GSeat//Gametrix Jetseat//Htc Vive//Pimax 5k+//Viril VFX//Razer Nari Ultimate

I guess that by the second time you dismantle one grip for migrate this two adapters for another, will consider buy more adapters. :D
Agree. :thumbup:

Or you visit someone with workshop to make you M32-to-VKB piece with some wiring/soldering to finish the job.