Pickle Button Still Broken?

GreenHornet

What are you trying to pickle? Remember its a Navy jet so missiles are fired with the Gun Trigger, not pickle.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

I guess I imagined the hot fix that was released to fix it this week. This is ridiculous Ill figure thigs out somewhere ells.

Fix what?? There’s nothing wrong with it. If it’s working for everyone but you, it’s not something a hot fix can help. Maybe if you let us know what weapon you are trying to fire/launch/drop first

I guess I imagined the hot fix that was released to fix it this week. This is ridiculous Ill figure thigs out somewhere ells.

The hotfix this week was to fix some issues with the Walleye weapon and not the actual Pickle button.

I'm trying to help you, not shoot you down. I've never had an issue with the pickle button. What are you trying to pickle, what is your binding set to etc?

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

There was a bug in the last beta update that caused the pickle switch to not release bombs in the F-18 for a lot of us. It was fixed in the hot fix on Monday. No harm, no foul.

i9 11900KF, RTX 3090 24GB G DDR6X, 1TB SSD, 64GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3400MHz, Reverb G2.

I don't know why people are pretending theirs nothing wrong when I read posts with people trying to release weapons and they do not release when they did before and then I get this response saying it always worked but it has not always worked. The post are still their saying it doesn't work.

I cant release Mk-83 sometimes Mk-82, and no JSOWC so far, It does work for IR-Mav, L-Mav, and rockets so far. I asked a general question to see if their was still a problem releasing weapons since the update because I never had a problem before. Except for a period of time I could not release MK-84 a while back that was fixed. But it seam people freak out here when trying to ask a question and get help figuring something out.

I don't know why people are pretending theirs nothing wrong when I read posts with people trying to release weapons and they do not release when they did before and then I get this response saying it always worked but it has not always worked. The post are still their saying it doesn't work.

I cant release Mk-83 sometimes Mk-82, and no JSOWC so far, It does work for IR-Mav, L-Mav, and rockets so far. I asked a general question to see if their was still a problem releasing weapons since the update because I never had a problem before. Except for a period of time I could not release MK-84 a while back that was fixed. But it seam people freak out here when trying to ask a question and get help figuring something out.

Their not freaking out lol, the only problem is mostly setup or delivery parameters of said bomb is the reason many have problems.

To know what is wrong or a bug we need to go over exactly the setup and method your using (Think checklist) of said bomb, rocket etc. If step by step, then yes it could be a bug. It's got to be by the book first tho and I've not see any problems lately.

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

Start with the DCS documents found at.

C:Program FilesEagle DynamicsDCS World OpenBetaModsaircraftFA-18CDoc

I would also download Chuck's Guide

There are also many YouTube vids out there.

Here's a cool F/A-18C Hornet - Weapons QRH Quick Reference Handbook by Pokeraccio

This also has

setup for in sim. Start with a good understanding first, this is a quick refresher / Reference.
Edited by David OC

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

And who changed the title to never had a problem? That's calling me a liar?

Guess the moderator thought you are talking about the Pickle Button is not functioning at all while in fact it was just some type of weapons can't be released which has been addressed in the latest hot fix...

Anyway, make sure you are on the latest version, and like others said, just check your procedure against either doc or Wag's video tutorial.

i9-9900K, G.Skill 3200 32GB RAM, AORUS Z390 Pro Wifi, Gigabyte Windforce RTX 2080 Ti, Samsung 960 Pro NVMe 512G + 860 Pro 1T, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder, Samsung O+

F/A-18C, F-16C, A-10C, UH-1, AV-8B, F-14, JF-17, FC3, SA342 Gazelle, L-39, KA-50, CEII, Supercarrier Preordered. (Almost abandoned: CA - VR support please?)

PG, NTTR

Damn, that escalated quickly... Anyway, there are still issues with CCIP release after a CCRP designation, even after the hotfix. It doesn't occur all the time though. It's not an issue with the pickle button, just CCIP release, in some cases.

Edited by Harker

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Harker, yes seems to be random but have experience trying to release CCIP when doesn't work try AUTO and it doesent work either. I then try ever combination possible I can think of trying and nothing works except the door bell. Sometimes the station select then Jett button will not work either.

Harker, yes seems to be random but have experience trying to release CCIP when doesn't work try AUTO and it doesent work either. I then try ever combination possible I can think of trying and nothing works except the door bell. Sometimes the station select then Jett button will not work either.

Wow, that escalated quickly folks.... Geez...

Hey Brooks,

Try to not use WYPT designate at any point during flight, for the moment, and should be able to deploy A/G ordinance without too much issue. Was discovered to be a contributing factor to the problems many, including yourself and myself, were/are experiencing.

For station jettison, make sure you have selected desired station with the appropriate button(s) next to the IFEI, then rotate the dial to stores, then press red jettison button. Have to have master arm on.

Are you using Open Beta or Stable Version?

Don’t mind some on the forums, quick to interpret things and not be of too much help, or try to make you feel like you aren’t worthy or making dumb statements - it’s a bed in process like some performance brake pads.

Feel free to fire away any questions and many will try to help. Feel free to PM me, or some others and quite sure you will find some decently acceptable assistance.

Cheers,

Don

Edited by Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

OK , Finally something useful that make since without presuming that your a D_^^$ss I use waypoint designate all the time to navigate so that would make sense if that is causing it I'm going to go try it without using it at all and see what happens. I appreciate it and will report back thanks.

Long story short, you asked the wrong question (the pickle button isn't the problem, as you discovered) causing confusion, especially since you gave exactly ZERO information for people to have any idea what the hell you're talking about.

For future reference, when reporting issues or seeking help, you should avoid generic questions and try to provide specific details of what you're trying to do.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2