Steam Refund Frustration

Wrightie

Hi,

I've having a bit of an issue with Steam over a refund of £63 I'm hoping someone may be able to advise on.

I bought The Harrier, Spitfire and Normandy map last night in the Steam Sale.

I tried to launch the Spitfire in Normandy and was met with an error message saying I didn't have the required assets. I then did a quick flight in the Spitfire on the default map and also had a quick flight in The Harrier. Around 20 minutes each

I requested a refund on all three items as I decided I had enough aircraft to be going on with.

Steam have refused my refund as the play time for each module is over five hours, minutes apart oddly enough.

I know why it's because I loaded the night hunter mission for the Tomcat at around half 6 this morning and it's been paused pretty much ever since. They're picking up the playtime of DCS not the module.

I've requested the refund again but is there a way I can prove to them that it's not any of these 3 modules? They're were all uninstalled less than an hour after I purchased them.

Quite miffed at the moment and i'm unable to get hold of a phone number to speak to anyone or an email address

Has anyone had this happen with Steam or can anyone offer any advice at all please?

Thanks

... can anyone offer any advice at all please?

Steam can't track play times of individual DLCs, when you purchase DLC you have 2hrs of play time in the main game / 2 weeks to request a refund.

It may have been an expensive lesson, but at least you'll know for next time.

I tried to launch the Spitfire in Normandy and was met with an error message saying I didn't have the required assets.

The missions likely require the WWII Asset Pack.

Edited by Ramsay
Add info on WWII Asset Pack

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

• ED Team
Hi,

I've having a bit of an issue with Steam over a refund of £63 I'm hoping someone may be able to advise on.

I bought The Harrier, Spitfire and Normandy map last night in the Steam Sale.

I tried to launch the Spitfire in Normandy and was met with an error message saying I didn't have the required assets. I then did a quick flight in the Spitfire on the default map and also had a quick flight in The Harrier. Around 20 minutes each

I requested a refund on all three items as I decided I had enough aircraft to be going on with.

Steam have refused my refund as the play time for each module is over five hours, minutes apart oddly enough.

I know why it's because I loaded the night hunter mission for the Tomcat at around half 6 this morning and it's been paused pretty much ever since. They're picking up the playtime of DCS not the module.

I've requested the refund again but is there a way I can prove to them that it's not any of these 3 modules? They're were all uninstalled less than an hour after I purchased them.

Quite miffed at the moment and i'm unable to get hold of a phone number to speak to anyone or an email address

Has anyone had this happen with Steam or can anyone offer any advice at all please?

Thanks

Hi

I am sorry but it is a steam policy, and not a lot we can do about it.

Can I ask why you decided to refund? maybe we can assist you with a potential problem.

ED support can be contacted here

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/

Thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Can you appeal it with a screenshot attached from your logbook, showing the actual time in the module?

Inno3d RTX 2070 Twin X2, ASUS STRIX Z270E Gaming, Intel i7 7700K, 32GB Corsair vengeance, Kingston Hyper X FPS Alloy Cherry MX Red, Logitech G102 Prodigy, Track Ir 5, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Rudder pedals, Beyer Dynamic DT770, Acer CB280HK 4K monitor, Win 10 Pro 64bit