My startup procedure

derelor

If you mean APU GEN caution light when left engine is at ~50% core fan RPM, this is normal. It means you can switch APU GEN now off, because the engines are taking over. See here for detailed explanation.

Ok, thx for this link. Now Im sure, everything is right.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Just wanted to say > Thanks a lot for your work. Very appreciated! +5

CPU: Intel Q9550 @2.83GHz | RAM: 4GB 1066MHz | GPU: Asus GTX 560 Ti | HDD: 1TB SataII | Keyb: Logitech G19 | Mouse: Logitech G9 | Knypl: Logitech G940 | OS: W7HE x64

• 3 weeks later...

I´ve added this thread to my tutorial Collection

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

• 1 month later...

Thanks for your hard work!

One question though, I turn my CDU, and EGI ON right after APU is running 100% and I get power through the APU generator, that way I can save few minutes on the INS alignment process. When I have been given clearance to start up and engines have spooled up to norm I THEN turn on the eng1 and 2 generators, which after turn off the APU gen and shutdown APU.

That way CDU and and EGI won't restart during startup, and as said, alignment starts a bit earlier. But have I misunderstood something and/or am I doing something wrong?

6S_Blues

Thanks for your hard work!

One question though, I turn my CDU, and EGI ON right after APU is running 100% and I get power through the APU generator, that way I can save few minutes on the INS alignment process. When I have been given clearance to start up and engines have spooled up to norm I THEN turn on the eng1 and 2 generators, which after turn off the APU gen and shutdown APU.

That way CDU and and EGI won't restart during startup, and as said, alignment starts a bit earlier. But have I misunderstood something and/or am I doing something wrong?

6S_Blues

I'd guess his procedure is based on an earlier patch-state of the sim.

And as far as I know you switch ON your engine generators prior to engine start.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming, Intel Core i7 9700k , 32gb Corsair DDR4-3200

Asus RTX 2070 super, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M2, Win10 64bit, Acer XZ321QU (WQHD)

TM HOTAS Warthog, SAITEK Rudder Pedals, TIR 5

And as far as I know you switch ON your engine generators prior to engine start.

Aye - quite correct.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Nice docs! Thanks!!! :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CM HAF-X | Corsair HX1000i | ASUS P8P67Pro | Intel Core i7 2600 @ 4.0GHz | Corsair CWCH70 | G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1600MHz | ASUS GeForce GTX 970 4GB | Plextor M5Pro 256GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB * 2 RAID 0 | WD Caviar Green 2TB | Windows 10 Professional X64 | TM HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedal

Ah, okay, that clears it..

6S_Blues

But i've noticed that you have to switch Engine gen on BEFORE engine startup. If you activate generators during the spoolup, you interupt alignment. This doesn't happen if the engines are running at nominal.

i7 8700K | GTX 1080 Ti | 32GB RAM | 500GB M.2 SSD | TIR5 w/ Trackclip Pro | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder

[sigpic]http://www.132virtualwing.org[/sigpic]

its fine to switch your generators on after startup, just don't turn off the APU generator until they are on...an alarm will sound indicating both the APU and engine generators are on, and it will stop once you turn off the APU generator.

its fine to switch your generators on after startup, just don't turn off the APU generator until they are on...an alarm will sound indicating both the APU and engine generators are on, and it will stop once you turn off the APU generator.

Yea, you are correct. But I've had my cdu reset twice when I enabled engine generators during spoolup. Once the engines are stable it's fine. It's probably a feature and not a bug. And if you do it this way you're doing it wrong anyways.

i7 8700K | GTX 1080 Ti | 32GB RAM | 500GB M.2 SSD | TIR5 w/ Trackclip Pro | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder

[sigpic]http://www.132virtualwing.org[/sigpic]

It used to do this in 1106, 1007 and possibly 1108, but has definitely been fixed...there should be no power loss to the CDU if you switch on the Engine generators after engine start ...are you sure you are running teh latest patch?

*edit* oh yes, sorry, I just re-read your post properly...

Yes the engines should be at nominal RPM before engaging the Generators ....if it cuts out when you engage them before nominal RPM is achieved (but have the APU generator running) that could be a bug.

It is also acceptable to have the generator switch on before engine start, and I believe the crew chiefs on the board have indicated that this is one of the cockpit switch checks they do while prepping an A10.

Edited by nemises

Can you update your checklist for 0.9.. I don't see turn on left and right mfcds anywhere.. I'm not hatin.. jsut saying.

" I'm gonna have to be taking your car today. See I have some top secret clown business that supersedes any plans that you might have for this here vehicle."

Open issues (please help me resolve them):

• AIM-9M: What exactly is "circular scan and consent to self track" mode ?
    manual p. 387: "The first depression enters scan mode which allows AIM-9 slewing. The next depression commands circular scan and consent to self track, ..."
  • AGM-65: According to the manual TGM-65D/H can also be loaded on a LAU-88 triple rail launcher, but not in the game. See this thread.

The second press slews the seeker head around in a small circle near the gun cross (around the area where its normally boresighted). If something comes into its field of view, it will lock itself on and self-track. If you go into the game and hit TMS up twice while in A-A mode (with AIM-9s on board of course)you can see what its doing pretty clearly.

Its the most useful way to use the AIM-9s IMO, you just fly whatever you are trying to kill through the area its circling and launch away. Much easier then trying to slew the seeker manually while you are also trying to maneuver.

edit: Almost forgot of course, thanks for the update and the checklists, I use yours as my startup procedure and am glad to see its updated to 1.0.9 :)

Much thanks for this,it's my go-to check list for start up and normal flight operations.

Very very well done ~S~

Intel Core i9-10850K

ASUS ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming motherboard

Gigabyte Aorus GeForce RTX 3080 Master

32 GB Corsair Vengeance LED 3000MHz DDR4

Thrustmaster Warthog/ HP Reverb G2