Status of F-14B damage model

Magot

dont think ive ever survived an amraam hit, not that iv been hit by many though. sidewinders aree roughly 50 50 but its almost garaunteed to kill both reheat

7700k @5ghz, 32gb 3200mhz ram, 2080ti, nvme drives, valve index vr

Personally found anything meant for medium range or anti bomber typically ganks a Tomcat, AIM-7s, AIM-120s, SD-10s, AIM-54s, R-27s, R-77 ect but anything meant as a short range AIM-9 equivalent missile or MANPAD sized missile usually needs 2 if it explodes near the rear of the plane.

So AIM-9s, R-3S, R-73s ect. I've found 90% of the time I lose my Radar and avionics and usually an engine with the other engine burping and buffeting all the way back to base. Quite often I lose the secondary hydraulics meaning I lose gear/ tail hook/speed break....I've only once lost elevator control but I wasn't pulling every hard when I ran out of fluid so using the alirons to go inverted every 10s or so I could get her back to friendly air space.

The only wonky thing given her size and what Tomcat's IRL have faced and lived through I find odd is the instant death roll she goes into if you lose 1 or both wings...I'm sure HB can correct me but I don't see why the plane would automatically go into this 60-70RPM roll black me out instantly and keep rolling till I hit the ground particularly if you lose both wings and so there isn't any A-symmetric lift generating this spin.

TL : DR Tip - If you lose any wings in the tomcat eject ASAP because at most you've got about 3 seconds before you start spinning and black out forever.

Edited by Southernbear

dont think ive ever survived an amraam hit, not that iv been hit by many though. sidewinders aree roughly 50 50 but its almost garaunteed to kill both reheat

Its actually a automatic safety measure system...down on the left panel near your left thigh should be a covered emergency switch to turn off the A-symmetric thrust limiter and allow your good engine to go into AB, Use with caution of course.

Its actually a automatic safety measure system...down on the left panel near your left thigh should be a covered emergency switch to turn off the A-symmetric thrust limiter and allow your good engine to go into AB, Use with caution of course.

That was added in the A+ to reduce the chance of flatspins should you lose an engine.