Naval surface cruise missile strike

Fercyful

Hi friends!

I was trying to attack some surface objectives with Russian naval units but they only use cannons. When I try USA units they use Tomahawks without problems and bring great devastation. Please is there a Russian (or other countries) ship with that kind of weapon (cruise missile for surface terrain objectives) in game? or some special technique to make them fire? (I read manual and I try forcing the "Fire at Point" without luck, just cannons for them. Even adding structures for objectives. No go.)

Thanks a lot for enlightenment! :pilotfly:

As far as I know, missiles in Russian ships of DCS are anti ship only and won't attack land targets if that is what you are trying.

If, however, you want ship vs ship they should fire some pretty serious missiles. Kuznetsov, Moskva, Kirov class (starts with Admiral forgot the whole name of the ship) all have pretty serious anti ship missiles. Neustrashimy and Molniya classes also have anti ship missiles but not as long ranged as the former.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

As winter says, the Russian ships that are in-game do not have missiles capable of hitting land targets- they're exclusively designed to attack other ships.

If you want the red side to attack a point with cruise missiles your best bet is a Tu-95 bomber. IIRC it can carry eight of them, and they have rather long range.

many thanks WinterH, Sryan, Nerd1000 !! :thumbup:

I just tried the Tu-95 bomber and works perfect. I will try the rogue US ship idea :music_whistling: Yes, the anti ship capacity of Russian ships is awesome. A rain of missiles on deck. That was pretty intensive. :gun_rifle:

Thanks for the confirmation/tips+ideas. Extended testing session is about to begin :smartass: