Iff / MFD operations

sublime

Ok so we dont have a manual yet and chucks guide covers iff hut Im still having problems understanding everything. Or im doing something wrong.

Then the mfds - i can fly a mission but theres checklists, all sorts of readouts. Instead of telling me or others to just go fiddle about is anyone who knows willing todo the community a "solid"-

1. Iff - entering codes. Per 2nd campaign mission I entered codes in briefing. Which led to fratricide. 20 min in you get another code. Am I correct for IFF you select the mode for interrogate than click other side for transponder. Select a mode. Then for code you enter code and it should just work.. no?

2. MFDs - is anyone willing to do a simple MFD tree? For example data/fuel = fuel states in plane. Or cmbt selects jammer stuff> what goes from there. Especially for... the checklists and more obscure functions I havent seen covered anywhere.

3. The easter eggs. I dont really care about most but some may. But the dplayer sounds cool.. however checking a changelog just told me it exists not how.to use it.

1. If you select the right code and mode it should work. Remember for IFF to work the IFF on the top of the radar MFD needs to be boxed, which can only be done by IFF interrogate being held down while radar MFD is SOI. If IFF is not boxed on MFD it’s not interrogating

2. You’re asking a lot for a list of MFD pages and all their functions. You’re going to hate me for this but Chucks guide has an excellent section on all the MFD pages and what they do. CMBT page allows to change CM and jammer settings, FUEL is fuel in lbs, Checklist page is a dynamic color coded checklist that will react to switches, and you can change pages and sections of flight as you move through it.

3. For DPLAYER sorry I was mixed up, the procedure is in this update post, https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4256460&postcount=5

However you still need changelog for correct file path https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4400265&postcount=14

The other Easter egg is on the JF-17 HARV thread of the main Deka Ironwork page

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

Go to Chucks guide page 35, there’s your MFD list with pictures and divided into upper and lower including DATA sub page and the pages within it, not all functions that would be asking someone to write a book, some have very little use or are pretty self explanatory, it looks more complicated then it is. It’s easier to answer a specific function then explain all of them

Edited by AeriaGloria

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

Go to Chucks guide page 35, there’s your MFD list with pictures and divided into upper and lower including DATA sub page and the pages within it, not all functions that would be asking someone to write a book, some have very little use or are pretty self explanatory, it looks more complicated then it is. It’s easier to answer a specific function then explain all of them

Youre right about that. Its very simple when you click into.

Couple things

What does running bits do

I have other specific ones ill add, minor questions regarding functionality thats not in chucks guide.

Also the pilot damage notes page or whatever. Whats that for or what can you input? The checklists in particular are hugely useful as you can see if the game is recognizing you as taking a step. I wiah Id known about this with my oxygen problems I couls have seen if the plane saw my oxy plugged in.

Do you have any refueling tips? I dance around the basket alot and make contact but cant seem to hold contact

Do you have any refueling tips? I dance around the basket alot and make contact but cant seem to hold contact

Welcome to the club! I lost count of the tankers I've shot down in frustration! One thing I started doing lately that has improved my tanking a TINY bit, however, is to never keep the stick still, even if I think I'm on target. I liken it to driving. If you pay attention, your wheel never really stops moving; you're constantly making micro-adjustments. So, even when I think I'm smack dab 100% on the money, I continue to do those micro-adjustments, and it has resulted in marginal increases in stability. You might consider trying that and seeing if that helps you.

There's also autopilot. I find that it's a liability in the Hornet, because stick dampening feels inconsistent, but the dampening in the 17 feel a little softer (?) and more predictable, so maybe it would work better in that. And who knows...maybe engaging attitude hold is SOP for 17 drivers (if you care; I don't).

Edited by [16AGR] Glacier

AAR is a whole issue, Glacier is right to not be ashamed about using auto pilot. It takes a lot of practice.

As for pilot failure list I think that’s the page you mean sublime, in the menu as PFL? It’s really cool just look at it after a failure and you will see any of the over 200 system failures that you have. You can practice using it by running into something on the ground, if you hit your wing you’ll have things like light failure SMS failure pylon failure, or if you hit nose first you will see the radar failures