DCS cameras, views and video recording

Bucic

• 1 month later...

Is there a way to increase/decrease camera altitude without changing the view "spot" with the mouse? Meaning, I want the camera to travel in a straight line, and then increase/decrease altitude (like a helicopter) while still looking straight ahead.

i5-9600k @ 5.0 GHz| Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | 32 GB Trident G.Skill RAM @ 3200 MHz | Thermaltake Floe Riing 360 AIO | Samsung EVO 860 500 GB SSD | Crucial MX500 500 GB M.2 | SanDisk 1TB SSD | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Ultra Gaming | EVGA G3 850W Gold PSU | Thermaltake View 71 TG Snow Edition | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFC Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift-S

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 weeks later...

LShift+F4+spin-spin-spin-spin-spin-spin

Needing a save "default view" that comes up on one click for LShift+F4 bound to Warthog to look at my 6'Oclock!! it's like this........ P-47 or P-51 its tough enough to engine manage in a dogfight. Now tracers are shooting past my canopy from behind....just where is he... how far back?? Lshift+f4+Num6 (6 times) to spin around to see??? BY THEN YOU ARE TOAST! I need a quick look back - quick look cockpit forward to assess and execute what I am going to do. OH ya... all while I engine manage to keep up or get away. Please advise.

Thanks

• 1 month later...
hi all,

I remember there being a way to start-stop recording a track from the keyboard , but i can't find it... is it gone?

I'm sure it's not gone. Just wanted to make sure you're not expecting such a recording session to be recorded into a single track. I.e. there's no 'recording pause/resume' in DCS.

Needing a save "default view" that comes up on one click for LShift+F4 bound to Warthog to look at my 6'Oclock!! it's like this........ P-47 or P-51 its tough enough to engine manage in a dogfight. Now tracers are shooting past my canopy from behind....just where is he... how far back?? Lshift+f4+Num6 (6 times) to spin around to see??? BY THEN YOU ARE TOAST! I need a quick look back - quick look cockpit forward to assess and execute what I am going to do. OH ya... all while I engine manage to keep up or get away. Please advise.

Thanks

DCS has a brilliant snap views feature which are programmable while gaming and can be backed up. Please try to find the official doc on key strokes/views. It used to be in a *.doc format for some reason. Or *.rtf. Guys? Could you assist? :)

Is there a way to increase/decrease camera altitude without changing the view "spot" with the mouse? Meaning, I want the camera to travel in a straight line, and then increase/decrease altitude (like a helicopter) while still looking straight ahead.

Yes, but, IIRC, it resets camera rotation to leveled, retaining just the camera heading. For the command please refer to the key commands list in the game docs. It involved numpad 2 and RCtrl IIRC.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

PRT SCR, doesn't exist?

Laptop keyboard?

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

SYSREQ and Print Screen are the same key. Depending on your country, your keyboard may have both labels on the key, or just one. Here in Japan, standard keyboards only say "Print Screen" and no "SYSREQ," while the DCS controls page always says "SYSREQ."

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, Flailing Falcon said:

Hi I'm new to the forum, I orginally asked this in the how to forum but here may be better.

So I'm wondering if the Ctrl + Shift + Numpad keys to pan the movement round the aircraft, can be used on an AI aircraft or vehicle or am I out of luck.

Is this case and is there a workaround?

If you're talking about the F4 view (in which case it's Right Ctrl + Right Shift + Numpad), It works only with planes and helos.

You must be spawned in an aircraft in order to use it tho, it wont work if you're in spectator role

7 hours ago, Eight Ball said:

If you're talking about the F4 view (in which case it's Right Ctrl + Right Shift + Numpad), It works only with planes and helos.

You must be spawned in an aircraft in order to use it tho, it wont work if you're in spectator role

Yeah I was thinking this was the case, was hoping there was something I was missing! None the less thanks for clearing that up for me! 👍

12 hours ago, Eight Ball said:

how is this different from the LCtrl+F2 and set you desired cam angle?

Feel the Rush of Superior Air Power

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On 2/25/2021 at 10:54 PM, Eight Ball said:

It does work on AI aircraft if it is a local or client track. The Numpad position keys don't work from multiplayer server tracks.

• 2 weeks later...

In free camera view, when pressing "Numpad Del" for the padlock view to an aircraft, there's some kind of boundary that moves the camera out of the way if the aircraft gets too close.

Anybody know how to remove it, perhaps like the terrain boundary trick?

Edited by jonsky7

23 hours ago, jonsky7 said:

In free camera view, when pressing "Numpad Del" for the padlock view to an aircraft, there's some kind of boundary that moves the camera out of the way if the aircraft gets too close.

Anybody know how to remove it, perhaps like the terrain boundary trick?

I'd round up the camera-related lua files and text search the #$#t out of them for "free" 🙂 The only other options I can think of are:

1. Manual tracking

2. Cheating with a combination of higher camera distance but narrower FOV (zoom).

Hi all! If anyone at DCS World by Eagle Dynamics could help us, DCS movie makers, with this little issue:

Since the release of 2.7, when using the LCtrl+F11 camera tool, I can't set my speed (using the mouse wheel) while being in pause, anymore... Now, I have to catch up with my planes each time I want to look for an angle and record a shot... This is a bit annoying unfortunately, and makes us loose some time and potential...

Any advice is welcome. Do you think it's something that we could get back on future updates?

Huge thanks for all the incredible work you've done so far! I personally can't wait to fly the Mossie!! Cheers from France ++

• Like 1