[REPORTED] Aircraft sound stops

Reflected

Just noticed this thread. I have the same problem. I've only just got back into the Sabre and after being in the mission for a while the cockpit sound just stops. All external sounds are fine, flyby etc. When I restart the mission, all sounds are good for a while again and then stops. Everything was working great a while back. So going to test it out in 1.5.8 as using 2.5.2 stable at mo. Will report back if I find anything.

Edited by tmansteve

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Just happened to me.

Happens @ 4:32 and it affects the track, too. External sounds are still there but everything in-cockpit is gone.

No sound in the last 3 minutes

The thread is marked as [can't reproduce] so it's probably not watched anymore, you'll have more chance creating a new one.

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

excellent news:thumbup:

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

• 1 month later...

Flew the F-86 today and confirm this is still an issue. It's all good having people report bugs, it would be great to have a master list of all bugs and if anyone is actually working on it.

InWin S Frame with Asus Z170 | i7-6700K @ 4.5 Water Cooled CPU and Graphics | 16GB DDR4 | GTX1070 | 240GB M.2 SSD | Warthog Hotas | MFG Crosswind | 40" Samsung 4K | CV1 | Replica MB Mk10 Ejection Seat with Gametrix 908

Flew the F-86 today and confirm this is still an issue. It's all good having people report bugs, it would be great to have a master list of all bugs and if anyone is actually working on it.

This time you should have checked a few posts above ;)

That being said, I'm 100% with you on the bug tracker idea/visibility, I have the clear impression that 90% of the bug reports I post (or reported by others that I see) are just ignored. Maybe they aren't, but it's hard to know for sure.

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

• 1 month later...

Flew the F-86F today.............and we still have the internal cockpit sound disappearing,it's still not fixed.This is with the latest update from DCS.

This is a bit disappointing,as this issue was first reported back on the 09-22-2016......and we are now into 2019.It does make you ask the question,are these reported issues really worth reporting ?.This is a ridiculous amount of time that has elapsed since it was first brought to light.

One can only assume what goes on in the bugs dept of the F86,but it does it does appear very clearly,that it's a case of,the lights are on,but nobody is at home.....which is a pity.

Come on devs,pull your finger out,please fix this for your customers,surely it's not too much to ask for is it ? doh.gif

Edited by Basco1

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

Flew the F-86F today.............and we still have the internal cockpit sound disappearing,it's still not fixed.This is with the latest update from DCS.

This is a bit disappointing,as this issue was first reported back on the 09-22-2016......and we are now into 2019.It does make you ask the question,are these reported issues really worth reporting ?.This is a ridiculous amount of time that has elapsed since it was first brought to light.

One can only assume what goes on in the bugs dept of the F86,but it does it does appear very clearly,that it's a case of,the lights are on,but nobody is at home.....which is a pity.

Come on devs,pull your finger out,please fix this for your customers,surley it's not too much to ask for is it ? doh.gif

I've had this same sound issue happen to me yesterday as well. I would agree that it isn't very encouraging seeing is this has been going on for quite some time.

Well I wouldn't hold your breath......they've had your money,there's no rush to correct this,time has proved that.

Edited by Basco1

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

• 2 months later...

Happened to me again 3 years later. Several times. F-86. I'm going to disconnect my headset mic and phones and try again. This might be part of the problem. External sounds are still fine as well as radio.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's perfectly ordinary banter Squiffy, "Bally Jerry, pranged his kite, right in the 'how's your father.'" - Monty Python, RAF Banter Sketch.

Squiffy, a. slang. 1. Intoxicated; drunk. 2. Askew, skew-whiff. - OED

"Put that sucker in a 4G turn and keep it there!!" - Maj. Gen. "Boots" Blesse

Thanks metzger. Clear for departure. Roger good day. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's perfectly ordinary banter Squiffy, "Bally Jerry, pranged his kite, right in the 'how's your father.'" - Monty Python, RAF Banter Sketch.

Thanks for the hard work guys. I still have the problem every so often. Last night I noticed it particularly when I was zooming in on a target using the zoom keys programmed to my stick. Everything was fine until I zoomed in. Then zip, internal engine sounds died but externals and breath... were still fine. Maybe it has to do with the origin point for the cockpit camera? The early post above indicated an error log for a value exceeded and ended with "gain." That to me indicated the level may be a problem and if it changes based on proximity or even zoom then maybe that's what's killing it or causing the error?

I'll try to make a log and track.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

To tell you the truth, I don't think I have EVER heard the wing overload sound in the F-86. Just blackout and locked up controls until you slow down. Is there a tin canning sound that is supposed to be there but isn't? How about a spar creak or snap? I get the engine flame out bang from being too quick with the throttle. Breath under g and turbulent control surface sound. Don't remember ever hearing the spar creak.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...