[REPORTED] Glowing pipe - graphics bug

SeaQuark

When turning up the brightness of the instrument illumination, if you look over your left shoulder, there is a pipe behind the seat that suddenly starts glowing very brightly with reflected light. It's rather unnatural looking, as everything else in the cockpit is brightened only slightly by the instrument backlighting.

Anybody else encountering this? Is this a graphic bug? Most noticeable during night time flying.

• 1 year later...

i wanted to bump this old thread because i noticed this today too during a night mission, but i see no one ever responded to the question. anyone know a fix?

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

You are not the only one who has noticed this. I have been recently working on a mission starting out at dawn and noticed this while testing. Didn't go away during sun-up but I still had my instrument lights on and background lights so maybe this was the cause? During the day, I notice this issue is not manifesting itself.

The problem is the alpha needs to be fixed for "F-86F_Cockpit_Texture6". This file includes the textures for the circuit breaker panels, the altimeter setting baro window text, and airspeed indicator drum (10s digits) text.

That pipe is for the canopy defrost system and it's texture runs along the left bottom of the above mentioned file and the corresponding section of the alpha is white instead of black, so the pipe "illuminates" when the cockpit instrument light rheostat is used.

Here is a replacement...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a521fyvbm6g3jzg/F-86F_Cockpit_Texture6.dds?dl=0

...if you want to try it, first navigate to

Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\F-86\Cockpit\Textures\F-86F-35-CPT-TEXTURES

Unzip the F-86F-35-CPT-TEXTURES file. Do NOT delete the zipped file after you unzip it, these are your back up cockpit textures.

Inside the unzipped F-86F-35-CPT-TEXTURES folder you will find F-86F_Cockpit_Texture6, you can replace it with the one from the Dropbox link above. Should fix the issue.

• 8 months later...
  • 5 months later...
The problem is the alpha needs to be fixed for "F-86F_Cockpit_Texture6". This file includes the textures for the circuit breaker panels, the altimeter setting baro window text, and airspeed indicator drum (10s digits) text.

That pipe is for the canopy defrost system and it's texture runs along the left bottom of the above mentioned file and the corresponding section of the alpha is white instead of black, so the pipe "illuminates" when the cockpit instrument light rheostat is used.

Here is a replacement...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a521fyvbm6g3jzg/F-86F_Cockpit_Texture6.dds?dl=0

...if you want to try it, first navigate to

Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\F-86\Cockpit\Textures\F-86F-35-CPT-TEXTURES

Unzip the F-86F-35-CPT-TEXTURES file. Do NOT delete the zipped file after you unzip it, these are your back up cockpit textures.

Inside the unzipped F-86F-35-CPT-TEXTURES folder you will find F-86F_Cockpit_Texture6, you can replace it with the one from the Dropbox link above. Should fix the issue.

Just tried this out and it works :thumbup:

• 1 month later...
  • ED Team

Hi,

I have asked for an update on this, sorry for the delay.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2