Mission Editor Features Request Wishlist

Grimes

Hello,

If you could add the following features/options in the Mission Editor, it would be great for some future DCS players:

We would love to have a both sides opened hangar which we could fly through, added in the static objects list. The hangar's entrance should be 15 meters wide and it's length between 20 to 40 meters (at least 20 would be great).

Secondly, if we could have an option or feature which can help us add multiple objects with positional constraints to each other and also be able to see them as a preview in the 3D world when they are being placed, would greatly reduce the efforts of adding objects!

Thank you very much ED developers!

When you can't prove something with words, let the maths do the talking.

I have an insatiable passion for helping simulated aircraft fly realistically!

Sincerely, your correct flight model simulation advisor!

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first seems more a modo request, additional 3d object. The latter gas been asked multiple times... Maybe it would ne possibile in edge...

ChromiumDis.png

Author of DSMC, mod to enable scenario persistency and save updated miz file

Stable version & site: https://dsmcfordcs.wordpress.com/

Openbeta: https://github.com/Chromium18/DSMC

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.

Secondly, if we could have an option or feature which can help us add multiple objects with positional constraints to each other and also be able to see them as a preview in the 3D world when they are being placed, would greatly reduce the efforts of adding objects!

Thank you very much ED developers!

This is from the September Newsletter about DCS 2.0 features:

"Unified GUI that eliminates the need for separate GUI and simulation .exe while also speeding up mission load times. Later, this will also allow us to integrate simulation elements into the Encyclopaedia and Mission Editor"

I think this is the answer to the question. We had this ability in the original Lock On, so I am very happy they are bringing it back. Cuts mission creating time drastically.

Someone might remember me as 'FlyingRussian' from the Ubisoft Lock-On forum back in '03

The first seems more a modo request, additional 3d object. The latter gas been asked multiple times... Maybe it would ne possibile in edge...

Thank you for letting me know! Sorry I didn't know it was asked already!

This is from the September Newsletter about DCS 2.0 features:

I think this is the answer to the question. We had this ability in the original Lock On, so I am very happy they are bringing it back. Cuts mission creating time drastically.

Couldn't be greater! Thx;)!

• 1 month later...

being able to select a timeframe for units / equipment used in the fast mission creator is something i'd love to see. for example: only use equipment available before 1980, 1990, etc. could be done in 5 or 10 year increments and shoulddnt be hard to implement, but makes it a lot easier to get a quick, balanced mission going.

Edited by uberDan

being able to select a timeframe for units / equipment used in the fast mission creator is something i'd love to see. for example: only use equipment available before 1980, 1990, etc. could be done in 5 or 10 year increments and shoulddnt be hard to implement, but makes it a lot easier to get a quick, balanced mission going.

This is something I have wanted to add for a while now. As we get more equipment from multiple era's implemented I hope such a filter will be a must have.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

exactly

even for ordnance - look, we have A-A missiles from early eras, even on up to A120Cs ---- would be good for ordnance to be "era selective" as well

i7-4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkI | 16Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Panasonic TC-58AX800U

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

yep. im imagining something like a slider with minYear - maxYear selection. then it would just be a matter of entering the correct data for all aircraft, vehicles and weapons, if that isnt in the database already. im sure this awesome community would be happy to help with collecting the neccessary data, if thats a problem :)

Edited by uberDan

Allow to draw a waypoints that doesn't belong to any group.

Then allow to name that route so it can be called.

Then give possibility to assign new routes to groups via triggers and the waypoint number in those routes.

So example, make a group with a waypoints for attack, then with a trigger just command group to switch route with new sets of ROE etc.

Or randomize group to select one of the many routes to randomize the mission.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

know what i would like in the ME?

this is really simple ----- an "un-do" button

as in, [DELETE] --- "oh crap! i just deleted that unit and there goes the route and everything! how do i UN-delete it??"

nope - its gone ----- i hope you saved your mission recently!

windows has had this for years - sure would be nice to have in the DCS ME..

just sayin

i7-4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkI | 16Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Panasonic TC-58AX800U

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...

No Flight in Zone option for triggers.

Basically put a trigger zone down and when the no flight in zone is active and the AI crosses the trigger zone, they change course to fly out again, and then continue their route.

I came up with the idea after watching the AI ignore SAM's on their route. Right now you can't really put random SAM positions along the path of an "essential" AI aircraft. They will ignore it until it shoots at them. With this new trigger option, you could cause the no flight option to activate when a SAM does, allowing the AI plane to avoid it.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

Show In-Game Static Objects on Mission Editor

Su-27 Flanker and Lockon mission editors enabled satellite views and placement of all non-player placed map static objects so a user wouldn't place a Tor on a Fire Truck. Can we have these abilities back please?

There's rumors and talk of a 3D editor coming in DCS 2.0; we'll have to wait and see what exactly ED has in mind.

The reason we don't have it now is that the editor is separate from the 3D world, so to speak, thus it can't render 3D objects in the editor. Again, this will supposedly change with 2.0.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

• 1 month later...

A 'simulate' mission mode. Basically something that would play the mission out without rendering anything or having to launch the mission through the other executable. Having some sort of option to fast forward and rewind, slow down the simulated mission time, etc. All the units that have waypoints and actions will be 'simulated' on the 2d map. Ability to click and drag any of these units anywhere for testing purposes (for example, move an aircraft into a trigger zone to see if the trigger activates). A lua debug window or a mission event window that displays all the events that occur in the mission (so if trigger 1 is activated, it would show in the event window that 'Trigger 1 Activated').

Would make mission debugging and checking a lot faster. Its a real pain to debug and test an hour long mission or more because everything has to happen in chronological order. A way to simply drag units to their waypoints/trigger zones/trigger actions and see if they work or not would make this process 1000 times easier. Maybe even add some 2d graphic that shows when a unit is firing/alerted/spotted enemy/etc would also be nice so we can see how the AI 'would' behave in the mission.

Probably not going to happen, but I would rather have this than a 3d mission editor.

Developer of Kaukasus Insurgency - a customizable Dynamic PvE Campaign with cloud hosting and stats tracking. (Alpha)

http://kaukasusinsurgency.com/

A 'simulate' mission mode. Basically something that would play the mission out without rendering anything or having to launch the mission through the other executable. Having some sort of option to fast forward and rewind, slow down the simulated mission time, etc. All the units that have waypoints and actions will be 'simulated' on the 2d map. Ability to click and drag any of these units anywhere for testing purposes (for example, move an aircraft into a trigger zone to see if the trigger activates). A lua debug window or a mission event window that displays all the events that occur in the mission (so if trigger 1 is activated, it would show in the event window that 'Trigger 1 Activated').

Would make mission debugging and checking a lot faster. Its a real pain to debug and test an hour long mission or more because everything has to happen in chronological order. A way to simply drag units to their waypoints/trigger zones/trigger actions and see if they work or not would make this process 1000 times easier. Maybe even add some 2d graphic that shows when a unit is firing/alerted/spotted enemy/etc would also be nice so we can see how the AI 'would' behave in the mission.

Probably not going to happen, but I would rather have this than a 3d mission editor.

Look for Ian's DCS Witchcraft :)

ChromiumDis.png

Author of DSMC, mod to enable scenario persistency and save updated miz file

Stable version & site: https://dsmcfordcs.wordpress.com/

Openbeta: https://github.com/Chromium18/DSMC

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.

A brilliant trigger would be " aircraft/helicopter/ground unit in zone" so we can trigger actions separate for at least ground forces and airborne units!

I guess the "switch waypoint" action for ground units to setup patrols and more detailed control of SAM/AAA/Ground units has been mentioned already? So I can tell ground forced "what to attack and what not" giving priorities via multiple Task settings? Randomizing routes as an option would be awesome, too.

Edited by shagrat

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Dropped Cargo ----> Unit in Zone Trigger

i7-6700K / Msi Z170 Board / Kingston 32GB DDR4 / Msi GeForce GTX 980 4G / BQ STRAIGHT POWER 10 CM 700W / Fractal Define R5 Black / Alpenföhn "Brocken 2" / Samsung m2 980 Pro 1TB/ WD Blue 2TB / Windows 10 Pro

• 2 weeks later...

In the mission editor we have the option to select aircraft, helicopters, ships, static objects, buildings, etc...

I would like to have the option to have a visual of the item, possibly in the lower gray area.

This way we can see exactly what the item we are choosing looks like.

Too many times I have selected an item, took my time and placed that item on the map and set it up with specific values and then started the mission.

Only to find out I selected the wrong item.

Here is what it looks like now:

opTxosg.jpg

Here is what I am hoping for as an example:

DphwLSK.jpg

Edited by Mike Busutil
  • Like 1

In the mission editor we have the option to select aircraft, helicopters, ships, static objects, buildings, etc...

I would like to have the option to have a visual of the item, possibly in the lower gray area.

The reason you can't see it is because the game itself where the model is loaded is part of a different executable, so it can't be done in the current system (it's also why the encyclopedia has images rather than the actual ingame model). EDGE is supposed to unify the interface, so hopefully we'll be able to see the model and more, like being able to place it within the 3D world.

The reason you can't see it is because the game itself where the model is loaded is part of a different executable, so it can't be done in the current system (it's also why the encyclopedia has images rather than the actual ingame model). EDGE is supposed to unify the interface, so hopefully we'll be able to see the model and more, like being able to place it within the 3D world.

I think he just meant taking the encyclopedia image corresponding with the unit and placing it in the grey area.

Link to my Imgur screenshots and motto

http://imgur.com/a/Gt7dF

One day in DCS... Vipers will fly along side Tomcats... Bugs with Superbugs, Tiffy's with Tornado's, Fulcrums with Flankers and Mirage with Rafales...

:)The Future of DCS is a bright one:)