please fill in the holes in the OOB

Cik

there are large gaps in the OOB such that the current in-game units are poorly suited against what is ~60% of the ingame modules now (third gen and below)

new units should be added such as the S-60, SA-7, FIM-43 REDEYE, and other 50-60s AAA and tank units so that there are realistic targets and defenses for what is basically the majority of the game now (that is to say, less capable helos and 3rd gen and below A/C) currently, the game leans far too heavily imo into the very sophisticated find/fix/target/track capabilities of A-10C/KA-50/F/A-18 TGP/GPS/INS capabilities which the majority of the game no longer has.

it would be nice to have:

SA-4/5/7

FIM-43 REDEYE

patton/T-34/centurion/ etc

older bolt / semi-auto based infantry (garand, SVT-40, etc)

older ATGM teams (konkurs, malyutka, etc)

older fixed machine guns (tripod m2, dshk, etc)

non-80 BTRs (why no 50-60-70?)

in particular fixed man-portable defenses are something the game really lacks IMO as really in a COIN environment those boys rule the battlefield in many cases and are ubiquitous in many places around the world going back decades.

i edited it to be more polite, thanks.

Edited by Cik

Yeah, the game is indeed really missing some early Cold War units, especially in regards to (soviet) flak/AAA.

I'm very happy we got the SA-2 now :)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg