Printable map of current Caucasus map?

Stratos

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone have a printable map of the Caucasus area please? One that's up to date to current covered area.

Thanks a lot!

Google it

• Like 1

[TABLE][sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]|

[/TABLE]

@Stratos....

I could not find a map for you. I thought it was an easy exercise to find a printable map on Georgia... Unfortunately I was wrong... There are hundreds of links to the state of Georgia, but not to the country of Georgia, and no quality links to maps of Georgia as a country, at least that was my experience.

I am on roaming, only have mobile at the moment. After 20 minutes I gave up.

My comment "google it" was not meant to be unkind at all. In fact I was trying to help.

[TABLE][sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]|

[/TABLE]

the same for NORMANDY please

a link ?

thank in advance :)

Clevo Sager - i7 6700-K 4.0Ghz OC@4.4Ghz - RAM 32GB DDR4 - VIDEO Nvidia 980 GTX 8Go - XFi SoundBlaster

VR with Oculus Rift - KGB Gunfighter-Pro + Cougar Gaz + Simped + volant T300 + pédalier LeoBodnar

• 7 months later...

When I opened this topic I thought it was the one I started looking for a map. I think I’ll take that image to staples and have it printed to size and get several copies. One for use while flying, another for use while mission planning and a backup.

Thanks for the link it appears to be a sectional map. Be nice to find a ifr/vfr air route low level map on the same scale for the same area.

I know helps some one out and they want more. Well if your a Huey mod pilot all the info you provide will be used to make better more realistic training missions. Tia.

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

I suppose Stratos was referring to the legendary TC-1 1/500 000 chart of DCS Caucasus. I don't think we will ever see a job of this quality until someone figures out how to extract the vector data from the Ka50 ABRIS.

umh, pardon me for my ignorance but what is it the legendary TC-1 1/500 000 chart of DCS Caucasus?

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

In my opinion each theater of war should include the following maps and charts.

General overview showing everything in dcs.

Topo maps for each section

SEctional for each Theater

VFR/IFR air routes both low and high for each theater

Airport Diagram for each Published Airport

Sid,star,and other published approaches and departures

Each mission should have a map showing the intended route to and fro plus route to alternative arrival base.

Each mod should have a full user manual for the equipment in it, all checklists standard ops(ie preflight, startup, before takeoff , cruise, landing etc

0 plus all emergency checklists for that vehicle.

If its a non flying mod like combined arms and the gps mod a complete how to integrate the mod in to dcs world

I know allot of this being done in most mods but not everyone.

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

Best version :thumbup:

One of the biggest issues with DCS is the lack of cartography.

And poorly implemented kneeboard functionality.

Releasing a base map image file for each terrain so users could customize it would be a major improvement.

Something like this future software can do the job :D

I'll buy :

МиГ-23МЛД & МЛА МиГ-27К МиГ-25 Mirage III F-4E any IJ plane 1950' Korea Dynamic campaign module

Whew!.........I like DCS, but everything requires/demands a learning curve.

Clevo laptop: P650HS-G, i7-7820HK 3.9Hz max (+overclock capable), Liquid Metal pasted, 16GB DDR4/2400MHz, 15.6 G-Sync 120Hz 5ms panel, nVidia GTX 1070 w/8GDDR5, 10Pro

Installed: DCS World, DCS World 2 with Nevada, F-5; Purchased: F/A-18C

umh, pardon me for my ignorance but what is it the legendary TC-1 1/500 000 chart of DCS Caucasus?

Thanks Goa for making me feel so old in this community. :)

The TC-1 was released and even sold printed by ED at a time when the Caucasus map wasn't extended further East to Tbilissi and was stopping at Nalchick. The original work was made by one of the forum member, but I am sorry I can't remember his nickname.

It is still taking a large part of one of my wall in my office.

I cannot find this file on the user files but here is a link from BSD Drive: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1fmk160SodKuK1veUkhg5GTrJyMA6mGxI

I suppose Stratos was referring to the legendary TC-1 1/500 000 chart of DCS Caucasus. I don't think we will ever see a job of this quality until someone figures out how to extract the vector data from the Ka50 ABRIS.
I can try. I've been doing a whole bunch of topographic maps for Wikipedia (examples : 1 2 3 ). I only need to find a way to retrieve those vectors, yes. If one of you find them, give me a call and I'll try my best to make an equivalent of the TC-1 for 2.5 Caucasus.
Edited by Flappie

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

Work in progress...

The Black Sea polygon has a poor precision, but that's just a placeholder. The final map will use SWBD data.

Shadows are not shown here but they've already been done.

As you can see, this is the easiest part, because I'm using data from real life. Next, I'll need to get every road, every river, every lake and every town perimeter. That's the tought part.

I'll start with the rivers, as they probably are very close to the "real" ones (I'll just have to remove those that didn't make it in the game).

1fb440b511eae450d92d3aa1ed6c9ab7.png

Edited by Flappie

Ow yeah that big one is top quality.

I used the same type of map for my region to do my navigation class, assignment.

Obviously, the reason it is on the internet is, because it is outdated, so be careful

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

Work in progress...

The Black Sea polygon has a poor precision, but that's just a placeholder. The final map will use SWBD data.

Shadows are not shown here but they've already been done.

As you can see, this is the easiest part, because I'm using data from real life. Next, I'll need to get every road, every river, every lake and every town perimeter. That's the tought part.

I'll start with the rivers, as they probably are very close to the "real" ones (I'll just have to remove those that didn't make it in the game).

This is great man!

Yes, the hardest part will be the towns for sure. There's a lot of real life charts of the region available that DCS pilots are using, but most of those pilots are flying fast jets at high altitude. For slow and low movers like chopper pilots, it is critical to have an accurate low altitude layout of the terrain. Real life charts do not reflect what you see in DCS, mostly the towns/villages that are either missing in DCS, or do not appear on real life charts, have different boundaries shapes, or whose names has been modified or wrongly translated. Vegetation is a big deal too when we are looking for LZ for our air assaults. Same issue for rivers (not always identical to IRL) and power lines which are big chopper killers.

So using a chart that shows what is actually in game is really important, something that IRL charts, as accurate as they are, cannot do.

I started making a huuuuuge screenshot of the Caucasus map as seen in the mission editor. Once it is done, I'll try reproject it on my WIP to ease the comparison "IRL" / "ingame".

I'm not worried about power lines, lakes, and rivers: it should not take too long to get them right.