Setting up controls issues

Hi, bear with me if a lot of this is obvious or common knowledge, I have very limited time lately to put into DCS due to real life stuff and trying to put some time aside.....When I get an hour or so here and there, it's frustrating as I find myself spending all my time figuring out how an update has changed things and resetting stuff or ploughing through forum posts etc trying to find answers instead of getting any stick time....... My biggest bugbear is getting the controls set up on my warthog.....

Can someone answer the following:

Is there some reason everytime I start the sim, control bindings have changed? I painstakingly spent an hour manually entering some bindings the other day only to find tonight, that some have changed....for example, I mapped trim to the POV switch, but today, that switch is showing view switch....WTF?

Has there ever been a cycle master mode switch ? I was sure there was or am I just getting confused with Falcon 4..?

When I try and reflash the controls with a downloaded profile ( trying Tao's profile currently) only some of the bindings seem to transfer..what would cause this?

Is there a way to do this once and for all and save the bindings ?

And finally, whats the best way to set up the throttle detent on a warthog?

Thanks, Mark

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

1. Changed control bindings:

I have seen this happen in the past but not in the last few months.

What you describe sounds as if default bindings are coming back, but I have no way to tell what really happens on your machine.

It's a bit complicated as defaults are defined in two partially overlapping ways:

a) by the "combos" statements in the file "common_joystick_binding.lua" under "...\DCS World OpenBeta\Config\Input\Aircrafts". These statements could be edited by removing the "combos" part of those lines. However the edited file will be restored to original state at every update and must therefore be managed via OvGME. And I don't know if this change will solve your problem.

b) by the files with extension ".diff.lua" under "...\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Input\FA-18C\joystick". These were introduced some months ago and I would not recommend messing with them.

2. Has there ever been a cycle master mode switch ? I was sure there was or am I just getting confused with Falcon 4..?

No. Not in the F/A-18. The A-10C has a joystick button for this function.

3. And finally, whats the best way to set up the throttle detent on a warthog?

If you mean the detent for cutting the engine OFF, use the commands "Throttle (Left) - OFF/IDLE" and "Throttle (Right) - OFF/IDLE". They work well with the cut-off switches in the TM WH throttle.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5