VR IMPROVEMENTS - Page 13 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-14-2019, 04:25 PM   #121
walleye62

Quote:
Originally Posted by imacken View Post
Not sure it's the same thing. Those re-projection settings are available in SteamVR for Vive Pro as well, and they don't seem to do the same thing as Motion Smoothing.
If I have MS off, and if I move my head left/right (not turn head, but move it) there is horrible ghosting on instrument panels especially. The best example is the range indicator on the Spit panel. Also, doing a roll gives a ghosting effect as well. Looking at any text at the top of the screen is the same, distorted and swirly in a roll. Just as you describe.
In my opinion, MS is a real boon to VR as especially at lower fps, it does produce smooth fps.
The only down side I can see, is the horrible effect it has on certain prop planes, especially the Spitfire, where the swirly gunsight and propellers are unbearable to watch!
Hi Imacken!

Thanks for the info!

For the Vive what setting is used to turn MS off and on? Or what procedure is required to get MS to work on the Vive?

Thanks!

Only civies call it a "bug"

Last edited by walleye62; 01-14-2019 at 04:31 PM.
walleye62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 04:29 PM   #122
imacken

Quote:
Originally Posted by walleye62 View Post
Hi Imaken!

Thanks for the info!

For the Vive what setting is used to turn MS off and on? Or what procedure is required to get MS to work on the Vive?

Thanks!
There is a setting specifically for Motion Smoothing in the Video tab of Settings in SteamVR. The re-projection settings are available in a separate app called Advanced SteamVR Settings (I think!).
Intel i7 8700 4.8GHz · Palit RTX 2080 Ti OC Gaming Pro · ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-F · Acer 4K 32" XB321HK · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · Samsung 850 Evo 500Gb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 10 · HOTAS Warthog · TM Pedals · HTC Vive Pro
imacken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 06:49 PM   #123
Harlikwin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strikeeagle345 View Post
Well, I have a big head, so it fits me just fine. I can see why it might bother some. It is not as comfortable as say the RIFT but its fine for me.

Tracking is fine as long as you have plenty of light. Also, if you have any blank walls near by, you will need to put something on it as it will likely lose tracking when you look at it. I just took a few post-it notes, drew some X's on them in Sharpie and stuck it to the wall. Solved the issue.
Going back to the pics, they do seem a touch "blurry" for lack of a better word. Are they sharper in real life?
Old 01-14-2019, 07:21 PM   #124
Strikeeagle345

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlikwin View Post
Going back to the pics, they do seem a touch "blurry" for lack of a better word. Are they sharper in real life?
yeah, that's just because you cant (well maybe you can, but i don't have the patience) hit the sweet spot with the phone. Nice and sharp when its on my face. I can read all the displace without zoom or leaning in.

Flying Group: www.infinitygamercorps.com
Strikeeagle345 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 09:44 PM   #125
Harlikwin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strikeeagle345 View Post
yeah, that's just because you cant (well maybe you can, but i don't have the patience) hit the sweet spot with the phone. Nice and sharp when its on my face. I can read all the displace without zoom or leaning in.
Thats mostly what I figured. As it is there doesn't seem to be much if any SDE, and I'm sure in 6 months the software/steam support will be sorted out, unless of course an actual gen2 device is released by then.
Old 01-14-2019, 10:42 PM   #126
Strikeeagle345

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlikwin View Post
Thats mostly what I figured. As it is there doesn't seem to be much if any SDE, and I'm sure in 6 months the software/steam support will be sorted out, unless of course an actual gen2 device is released by then.
I dont see any SDE in the O+. its very impressive. If anyone says they see some SDE, they are seeing the pixels only. There is no space between them to be seen and cause any SDE.

Flying Group: www.infinitygamercorps.com
Strikeeagle345 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
vr improvements