MiG-19 3D model errors

RHO

Well, dedicate 20 minutes of your time, hit uncle Google, find photos, some manuals and, then you will see. All knowledge is right in front of you, just have to find her.

An Internet search does not work so well when you try to find information about a soviet plane made 65 years ago.

You made a claim. You should be the one who support his claim with some proof.

Seb, specially for you:

Page from manual:

3fdd07f5cca51dcb.jpg

Translation:

"Horizontal and vertical stabilizers of MiG-19P aircrafts stay without changes compare to MiG-19S, except top fairing which was changed in connection with SPO-2 antenna deletion"

My proposition to everybody: hold your horses, those footage is from wip builds, wait with criticism at least to module release.

What's that? Polish? Were the Russians making documentation in Polish?

So even there they say there is a difference. Small, but there is one.

And also there are more MiG-19 variants than just MiG-19S and MiG-19P.

Do you have blueprints? Those used for manufacturing.

What's that? Polish? Were the Russians making documentation in Polish?

So even there they say there is a difference. Small, but there is one.

And also there are more MiG-19 variants than just MiG-19S and MiG-19P.

Do you have blueprints? Those used for manufacturing.

Polish straight translation of Soviet manual.

Precisely exist six variants:

1.MiG-19 with classic horizontal stabilizers,

2.MiG-19S, previous model development with all moving horizontal stabilizers,

3.MiG-19V, high altitude derivative of MiG-19S with lighter construction,

4.MiG-19SF, late series MiG-19S with ARU-3 system and others small changes ( in Army documents still called MiG-19S),

5.MiG-19P, interceptor with radar, based on MiG-19S,

6.MiG-19PM, previous model derivative with beam reading missiles, two subvariants with different GCI system.

MiG-19S was base for all later variant, construction was different in nose section, and in part of equipment.

Aerodynamicaly all those aircrafts are identical, except nose section. Pre-fin construction differences are connetced with control system modifications.

Manufacturing blue prints can be find in OKB MiG archive, try ask them, maybe they will help. Until this time this should be enough:

942233fca6e94335.jpg

e41f796747478796.jpg

3a4a0a3d37d9f847.jpg

07a7cd8fe4f9da51.jpg

3D model have some minor flaws, but like I written: we saw so far only wip build, so wait until release.

Thanks Overstratos, I think this will close for while this strange discussion. Body still not found, but some are started autopsy already.

Edited by foxbat155

Are we good now?

WCDq1Ir.png

from what ive seen the vertical fillet has a circular section while only the fin proper has an elliptical section. this may be an overcorrection as now the fillet seems to also be elliptical.

i would not try to make rapid corrections based solely on community critique though

Edited by probad

i would not try to make rapid corrections based solely on community critique though

The tail is indeed thick, but that is in the middle section of the chord, the leading edge was too round. I made the leading edge thinner while retaining the overall thickness in the middle.

I will still tweak a little more the fillet to make it look more accurate.

Edited by OverStratos

The tail is indeed thick, but that is in the middle section of the chord, the leading edge was too round. I made the leading edge thinner while retaining the overall thickness in the middle.

I will still tweak a little more the fillet to make it looks more accurate.

Looks great to me !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I will still tweak a little more the fillet to make it look more accurate.

It will be real brilliant. Respect

God bless you, RAZBAM! Some error was reported and you guys jumped immediately to check it out. We don't see that quite often from other developers.

I'm only accolading RAZBAM here, not bashing the others.

Godspeed!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

God bless you, RAZBAM! Some error was reported and you guys jumped immediately to check it out.

The wings' armpits bulge curvature are still to be tweaked :prop:

I'll buy :

МиГ-23МЛД & МЛА МиГ-27К МиГ-25 Mirage III F-4E any IJ plane 1950' Korea Dynamic campaign module

This is something like private aircraft graveyard where can enter public.

Planes was there saved before scrap.

I don't know why is there so many airframes. The owner is probably crazy. :D

So anyone can go and see them ? Can you please send me a PM where it is if this is the case, I would love to go there :)

Thanks.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Why oh why does every post on model errors compare against photos at a different perspective?

Makes them almost impossible to take seriously.

Unfortunately the pics are dead now but in this thread https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=186681 Overstratos is taking measurements of the real thing. In another thread he mentions he has regular access whenever he needs to check something.

Because when someone goes to the length of finding good pics and taking screenshots from the same angle, the whole thread gets deleted...:music_whistling:

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

Because when someone goes to the length of finding good pics and taking screenshots from the same angle, the whole thread gets deleted...:music_whistling:

If you are referring to the harrier inlet thread, it was most likely deleted because someone in that thread didn't understand how cameras and optics work.

Screenshots and pictures from the same angle are not comparable unless you know the distance to the subject and the focal length used when taking the picture, and the virtual camera in the model viewer/DCS replicates this.