X56 Binding Issue

KelGun

Hello all! I'm having an issue with my X56 that I'm unable to resolve. While binging actions to controls in the Controls tab in DCS, several of the controls aren't active and selectable. For example, the scrollwheels on the throttle, and the small black joysticks on the throttle and stick. When I select the action that I want, for example zoom in, and try to bind it to the large scrollwheel on the throttle, nothing happens when I move the wheel through its full range of motion. Similarly, when I try to bind an action to one of the small black joysticks, the movement of the small joystick doesn't bind it to the action. Am I missing something here?

Thanks!

KelGun

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]
Win11x64, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080Ti, i5-8600K OC4.5 GHz, 120GB SSD INTEL 530, SAMSUNG SSD 850 EVO 250G, 1TB HDD WD RED, MSI Z370-A PRO, Cougar AQUA 360 CPU cooler, Kingston 2x32GB DDR4 3800MHz, 4K LG 50" Monitor, Meta Quest Pro VR, Orion2 HOTAS MAX,Orion Metal Flight Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition), GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT.

Have you set them up in the Logitech software to be recognized as axis?

The Logitech software gives you many options for your axis, including setting up bands, etc. Are they activated as axis?

If so, mine works just by going into the "axis commands" section of the keybinds in DCS, select the one you want, choose add, and move the axis through it's full range of motion. It generally works for me.

The link above shouldn't be necessary for the X56, in my case all of the mini sticks are already recognized as axis.

Edit: Funny, I just checked my Logitech software, and they are all set to "fall back", and work in DCS. Maybe try that?

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

Have you set them up in the Logitech software to be recognized as axis?

The Logitech software gives you many options for your axis, including setting up bands, etc. Are they activated as axis?

If so, mine works just by going into the "axis commands" section of the keybinds in DCS, select the one you want, choose add, and move the axis through it's full range of motion. It generally works for me.

The link above shouldn't be necessary for the X56, in my case all of the mini sticks are already recognized as axis.

Edit: Funny, I just checked my Logitech software, and they are all set to "fall back", and work in DCS. Maybe try that?

I'll give it a try. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Setup X56 throttle on DCS / Binding Issues

I'm just got started with my new X56 HOTAS, and I'm having all kinds of issues binding it with DCS.

1. DCS doesn't recognize my throttles as 'Z' axis, when I attempt to bind them they are showing as Left Throttle= X-axis and Right Throttle= Y-axis. What DCS does recognize as my Z axis is my Rotary 1 knob on my throttle?!

2. DCS doesn't recognize my Saitek Rudder pedal Toe Brakes, so I can't bind them properly!? I'm stuck using W key to brake which is not really what I expected...

3. Also, I can't bind my mini joysticks to DCS as well, but compared to the other problems...that one is just annoying!?

I also have X-Plane 11 and there is no issues binding controls on that platform, so that leads me to believe the issues are with DCS. I have tried connecting with DCS Support, but they won't even reply to my problem, so hopefully someone else can help!?

I'm just got started with my new X56 HOTAS, and I'm having all kinds of issues binding it with DCS.

1. DCS doesn't recognize my throttles as 'Z' axis, when I attempt to bind them they are showing as Left Throttle= X-axis and Right Throttle= Y-axis. What DCS does recognize as my Z axis is my Rotary 1 knob on my throttle?!

2. DCS doesn't recognize my Saitek Rudder pedal Toe Brakes, so I can't bind them properly!? I'm stuck using W key to brake which is not really what I expected...

3. Also, I can't bind my mini joysticks to DCS as well, but compared to the other problems...that one is just annoying!?

I also have X-Plane 11 and there is no issues binding controls on that platform, so that leads me to believe the issues are with DCS. I have tried connecting with DCS Support, but they won't even reply to my problem, so hopefully someone else can help!?

Throttles should be x and y axis, just ensure they are bound to left and right throttle in axis commands. There’s a separate column for stick and throttle, so select the box for left throttle in the throttle column and bind the left one, same with right, and it should all work. Toe brakes are same, just ensure you are in the pedals column. Also note they probably work as an axis (not sure which ones you have), so bind them to left/right toe brake axis. You may need to reverse the axis in the tune option if you find they stick on with no pressure on the pedals.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

I'd go in and delete all the axes set by DCS carmik, then turn around and reset them manually. Make sure your attempting to put the commands on the correct device in DCS and also check to make sure you're on sim and not game. It can be easiest to open up a free flight in the air and set your axes there checking each one as you go.

Thanks Sandman1330 and crab! I got it working!

After I reassigned my throttle and rudder pedals, I did a test flight and I found that my throttles & pedals were still not assigned!? What I found is that my controls were back to the Default assignments!??

I went back and did it again and then 'saved as', and now it's working the way it's supposed too...

Now...any idea how to get DCS to recognize my Mini-Sticks?? That would be great to get those working.

Mini joysticks work for me, you have to bind them in the axis commands, horizontal and vertical separately. So you’ll see slew vertical and slew horizontal in the axis commands, you can bind those. The one on the stick I set up in the Logitech software to do button presses so it can be used for hornet wpn select and A10 CMS

Were it me I'd bind them on the Logitech side of the house because you open up many more options and it's not difficult to do with a little prep work. That work being wandering around Youtube and viewing some of the videos showing how to do things like programming the speedbrake, rotaries, and so on. You can watch older videos on the X55 also and find most of the information applicable: Here is an example to get you started --->

• 4 weeks later...

I'm having the exact same issue with the mouse mini stick not being detected on my X56 in DCS. My old X56 detected the mouse and left click buttons automatically, but i can get the X56 to work the same way.

\i tried the bind to slew as above but in the throttle column, DCS tells me there's no command

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]