** F-14 Road to Release + Christmas Update!! **

Cobra847

Oh this is cool, thanks! Merry Christmas!

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Crow!

We haven't discussed exact pricing with our partners at Eagle Dynamics yet; but it's a safe bet that the Phoenix card will cover the F-14 pre-order and the Mjolnir one will cover that + a shirt bundle or other F-14 merchandise planned. :)

Wow! Nice information.

Additionally, I have question about "Flight control peripherals and replicas".

I understood that Flight control peripherals means VKB product.

What is replicas?

Thanks for the update, and keep up the outstanding work!

Happy Christmas to everyone.

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

For a second there, I thought those gift cards were vouchers for the respective in house weapons addons :D

You're not alone, I thought it could be some kind of EA crap. Can you imagine such thing on DCS modules? Someting like laser pods, 30 second shields and beyond.:lol:

Intel 8700K@4.7ghz(all cores) / 32Gb DDR4 /WD Black SN750 Heatsink 500gb (DCS Only) / MSI GeForce RTX 2070 GAMING Z 8G / Windows 10 PRO / VPC WarBRD Base + Warthog Stick + Foxx Mount / Thrustmaster TPR pedals / Thustmaster MFD / Thrustmaster Warthog throttle + Monstertech chair mount

Hi Cobra,

Don't beat yourself up too much, I think we're all adults, we know Santa doesn't exist ;) I think nobody has any problems waiting a bit more for the mighty tomcat. We thank you, however, for taking your time to keep us updated.

now a quick question: will you release it as soon as it's ready, or is it possible that it gets delayed in order not to interfere with other modules such as the Hornet?

Hi Cobra,

Don't beat yourself up too much, I think we're all adults, we know Santa doesn't exist ;) I think nobody has any problems waiting a bit more for the mighty tomcat. We thank you, however, for taking your time to keep us updated.

now a quick question: will you release it as soon as it's ready, or is it possible that it gets delayed in order not to interfere with other modules such as the Hornet?

It's important to give space to other amazing modules, such as the Hornet and to work together to find a good release plan.

We haven't really discussed this with Eagle Dynamics yet, but they are model partners and professionals, and I have no doubt that we'll work together in a positive way in case both aircraft are ready for release in the same window.

We will keep you all informed once we get there!

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Great Read! Happy Christmas to all you guys at Heatblur and thanks for the awesome work you guys have delivered this year! The Viggen has become my favorite DCS module so far :thumbup:

Looking forward to what you will bring us next year :)

Instead, I’ll write this post, and I hope it will be enough to sway you to put away your pitchforks.

I will, for now... :P

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

This is a developer I can get behind, and based on the quality of the Mig21 and AJS37 I'm very pleased you guys are developing the F14.

Devils Canyon i7 4790K @ 4.9GHz |16gb DDR3 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080Ti | Samsung 860 EVO

Thrustmaster Warthog | Virpil WarBRD | Virpil TM-50CM2 Grip | VKB-Sim T-Rudder Mk.IV | Acer X34A (21:9) | Oculus Rift S

A-10C | AJS-37 | AV-8B | C-101 | F/A-18C | F-14A/B | F-5E | KA-50 | L-39 | M-2000C | SA342 | Spitfire LF Mk IX | UH-1H

@Cobra847.

That post showed a lot of respect to your customers, and it was a relief to read a post that didn't address the audience as six year old's. It wasn't a perfect development year and you owned that, and you trusted us to be right there with you in understanding and continued anticipation for future carrier traps and conversations with a mate in the other seat. That's not a post everyone would have written, but I'm happy you wrote it.

I look forward to seeing the finished product. I'm still, like many others, am going to buy the F-14 day one.

...and that's Picard with a capital P. ;)

Edited by Scrape

"It's amazing, even at the Formula 1 level how many drivers still think the brakes are for slowing the car down."

VF-2 Bounty Hunters

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Carrier Strike Group 1 | Discord

The picard double facepalm is not potent enough to describe what a boneheaded PR move this post is.

Don’t worry!

The Viggen pre-release vids was pure PR genious.

So, your PR balance is still good... ;)

Merry X-mas and a happy new release year!

Thanks for the update Cobra! Looks like exciting times ahead for Heatblur! I have one request though, can you guys keep Chromecat around? Lol, she would make a great evil henchmen skin for videos!

Have a great break, Merry Christmas and Happy Yule!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Leonardo Da Vinci

"We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch - we are going back from whence we came."

John F. Kennedy

what!?

same here, WTF?!?! ;) No Santa?!?!

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

As always....crunch time should not even be a term when it comes to luxury goods like PC games! Personally, knowing the devs did not compromise their everyday lives and health in such an endevour, is actually a selling point for me. Buying a product from a big publisher knowing their employees spent a couple of months in crunch time is rather detrimental to everyone involved...and quality of siad product more often than not! Anyway, looking forward to whenever this bird lands...or takes off!!!

One more thing: one gets fairly quickly accustomed to screenshots looking incredible nowadays, yours are no exception! BUT, let me say this: when i read your post and saw those first two screenshots of the seats...i was a bit irritated.......why would they post photographs of the real thing in here?

Took a bit of time inspecting screenshot two to confirm those are indeed renders. So if these attest to the overall quality of your upcoming F-14, you shall gladly have my money.

cheers

Now that's how an update should be. Good info and lots of eye candy. :thumbup:

Looking very much forward to the Tomcat!

Thank you!

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Fantastic update, very well said Cobra. Happy holidays to you and the rest of the HB team. 2018 is shaping up to be the best year DCS has ever seen (and probably ever will see) :thumbup:

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Thanks for the update!

Regarding the Viggen sale...

What is the difference between the one on the HB site and the one in the DCS shop? Are they activated differently?

Ark

------------------

Windows 10 Pro x64

9900K @ 5ghz

Gigabyte Aorus Master Z390

32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB CAS 14

EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Ultra XC2

256gb Samsung 869 Pro (Boot Drive)

1TB - Samsung 970 EVO Plus

Seasoninc 1000w Titanium Ultra PSU

34" ASUS PG348

2018 is shaping up to be the best year DCS has ever seen (and probably ever will see) :thumbup:

So you expect things to go downhill after that? In what ways?

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: