Forum Guidelines for Warnings and Suspension of Posting Privileges - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 06-27-2015, 07:46 PM   #21
_Teddy_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wags View Post
Lvl5. – Immediately perma-ban (Username and IP ban)
I think it is a bad idea to ban IP too. These days end-users only rarely have static public IP. Mostly it is still public but dynamic (assigned randomly from ISP-pool by DHCP-server) or even one from private IP-space with carrier-grade NAT implemented (traffic of the whole ISP is routed through a few public-IPs).

If you ban IP, you might ban a few innocent users too (while original offender could easily find way to get different IP). I understand you want to get rid of some users, but banning IP might do more harm than good...
_Teddy_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 07:48 PM   #22
Aginor
Veteran

Yeah, I wondered about that, too.
Aginor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 07:57 PM   #23
NineLine
Community Manager

Most people here are well aware of what they post, both good and bad... if you get alot of warnings, then you should pay attention to this, if you dont know why you get a lot of warnings, PM me or another mod. If you dont get a lot of warnings, or none at all, you really dont need to stress this at all, you already get it.

This isnt really new, its just being more transparent, most of this stuff we have already been doing. We just thought it would be good to share how we look at posts and such.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aginor View Post
I am not sure whether I understood correctly how those points accumulate, so just to clarify:

A user replies to a post from Wags about a new FC3 module, and I tell him about how much better the cockpit of the A-10C is. That's kinda off-topic of course, so I get 10%

Five days later someone posts about a new Star Citizen Ship (considered news) in the appropriate thread and I respond With something like: "Yeah, new update!" (gets me 30% because not news)

So I created two posts that are... not THAT severe IMO, and I get banned for two weeks? To me that sounds pretty harsh, at least on first glance.

Oh, and this point:
I hope that you guys aren't easily insulted or feel condescended to. Otherwise it will be really hard to judge whether to post any negative points.

Anyway, nice to see some more concrete rules, I guess that makes some things easier for all of us.
Until now I was - in most cases at least - pretty happy with how moderation in these forums worked. I hope you won't change too much.
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
NineLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 08:02 PM   #24
Aginor
Veteran

I guess I'm ok with most of the rules, because AFAIK I never got a warning. I always try to be constructive and friendly.

I just wondered if things will change because there are some things on the list I have certainly done in the past without ever getting a warning.
Aginor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 08:05 PM   #25
NineLine
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aginor View Post
I guess I'm ok with most of the rules, because AFAIK I never got a warning. I always try to be constructive and friendly.

I just wondered if things will change because there are some things on the list I have certainly done in the past without ever getting a warning.
I cant stress enough, if you have a concern about something you are about to post, PM me or others... but just use good judgement, if you have no warnings, you probably have that figured out already Mistakes happen too, we can work with people, we arent trying to find more ways to make peoples lives miserable, this is more to help them what the rules are, how they are enforced and how they can contribute to the community in a respectful and constructive manner. There are other forums out there if you want to be mean and disrespectful
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
Old 06-27-2015, 08:10 PM   #26
NineLine
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blooze View Post
I am curious to know how posts like THIS will be handled in the future when the initial post is appropriate but the the content of the video is not.
A warning that the content may contain adult language would/should be fine... if the video contains anything worse than that, it probably breaks numerous rules and doesnt belong here.

SO post a warning if your vid uses poor language and it should be fine, if you have any doubts... again, feel free to ask me or other mods
**How to Report a Bug**
Old 06-28-2015, 07:15 AM   #27
Apples

Seriously guys!!! I always found it funny no matter what Forum or what game you are playing people are always going to speak there minds. Ya some people really need a kick in the butt, But There are always going to be Ban Happy admins! Give some one a little power and they think they are on top of the world. You cant say anything these days without offending someone. Its an online forum, Easiest way to do it in my opinion, is have no rules. Then there is nothing to complain about!

6 Monitors, 5 Video Cards, 90inch Flat Screen, Intel Bad Ass 2 @ 72.6Ghz, Atari Hotas!!!
Apples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 07:18 AM   #28
NineLine
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apples View Post
Seriously guys!!! I always found it funny no matter what Forum or what game you are playing people are always going to speak there minds. Ya some people really need a kick in the butt, But There are always going to be Ban Happy admins! Give some one a little power and they think they are on top of the world. You cant say anything these days without offending someone. Its an online forum, Easiest way to do it in my opinion, is have no rules. Then there is nothing to complain about!
Nothing wrong with speaking your mind, its how you deliver the message that counts. Its not an excuse that its in the internet that it should be a free for all. Rules are ok, even here.
**How to Report a Bug**
Old 06-28-2015, 04:40 PM   #29
Numien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wags View Post
• Links to copyrighted content
This needs to be clarified, I think. As written, it would almost completely disallow links. Even links to other posts on this very forum would be disallowed, as per the "Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd" message at the bottom of the page.

It should probably be changed to read something along the lines of "Illegally linking to copyrighted content" or "Illegally distributing copyrighted content" or something similar.
Numien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 05:42 PM   #30
Wags
ED Team

Dear all,

Thank you for the feedback. Over the past several days we have adjusted/improved the guidelines based on the feedback here and other websites.

We are now happy with the results and will be localizing the guidelines.

Thanks

i7 6700K, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1080ti, Windows 10, 1TB SSD, TM Hornet stick and Warthog throttle, and Track IR 5 with default settings.
Wags is offline   Reply With Quote