NK Black-Camo

==Wiggy==

On the bright side, I've been moving to about as non-destructive painting method as I.can get. So I can change the colors with basically one click and can get new stripes very quickly....the wierd part about this one is the feathered edges of the stripes... I'm making progress though!

Edited by 000rick000

Cheers,

Rick

CSEL\CMEL\IFR

Certified Airplane Nut

Very nice!

I’m no expert on skins, but what I do to get close to aligning things is to paint a series of different brightly colored short+narrow stripes (think yellow-orange-neon green, repeat as necessary) along the edges to be mated. Separation of stripes depends on size of colored areas...do a couple areas, check the model viewer, you’ll see “ok, the dark green area’s edge is about 1/3rd between the second yellow+orange lines” (sometimes I’ll mark the locations on an edge of a paper, to record the exact proportions). Go back to the paint program, adjust colored area location aaccordingly and proceed to next colored edge.

That’s as far as I got before being distracted by surface details (rivets, panel lines) which the SU25T template doesn’t have, so I’m making a template layer with them.

Very nice!

I’m no expert on skins, but what I do to get close to aligning things is to paint a series of different brightly colored short+narrow stripes (think yellow-orange-neon green, repeat as necessary) along the edges to be mated. Separation of stripes depends on size of colored areas...do a couple areas, check the model viewer, you’ll see “ok, the dark green area’s edge is about 1/3rd between the second yellow+orange lines” (sometimes I’ll mark the locations on an edge of a paper, to record the exact proportions). Go back to the paint program, adjust colored area location aaccordingly and proceed to next colored edge.

That’s as far as I got before being distracted by surface details (rivets, panel lines) which the SU25T template doesn’t have, so I’m making a template layer with them.

Interesting! I just save the skin with the UV mesh blended on top. I then open it in model viewer. Then I can see exact where the mesh lines and the paint are. This one was tough because of the feathered edges of the lines which are not solid so it makes hard lineup very challenging to achieve. However The base color, black and stripes are All layer masked painted which makes correcting errors much easier than with other non destructive techniques.

Edited by 000rick000

Cheers,

Rick

CSEL\CMEL\IFR

Certified Airplane Nut