What is your primary DCS flight controller?

Wags

What is your primary DCS flight controller?  

2863 members have voted

1. 1. What is your primary DCS flight controller?

• Thrustmaster Warthog
    • Thrustmaster Cougar
    • Thrustmaster T. Flight
    • Thrustmaster T.16000M
    • VKB MCG Grip
    • VKB KG12 Grip
    • Virpil T-50 Grip
    • CH Products Fighterstick
    • Saitek X52
    • Saitek X55 or X56

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hotas Warthog !

i9-11900K, alle Kerne 5100 MHz  –  Asus ROG Maximus XIII Extreme – 64 GB DDR4 3733 MHz Cl17 – NVIDIA Rtx Asus Strix Oc 2080 super (4090 später 🕹️) – Hotas Warthog mit Drossel – Vpc Mongoos T50CM2 & Vpc 200 mm Verlängerung – Vpc ACE Sammlung Pedale -Trackir5

You shouldn't have to install any drivers. In fact Ive heard installing the drivers that can be found online makes it not work.

What issue are you having? A squadmate had issues with it recently (was only being recognised as an 8 button 4 axis controller and not a sidewinder).

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

Will anyone who is using the Microsoft Sidewinder Force feedback 2, please let me know what driver you are using and where do I get it. Thank you in advance for the info.

It's the "plug in and have fun" driver that comes with Windows. There's been the "Sidewinder Software" which last worked on XP though where you could map keybindings or macros to the buttons, nothing really needed for DCS. This is possible with joy2key or autohotkey anyway. And FFB strength is configured in the modern sims as well.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

X-55. TC

Win 10 Pro 64bit | Half X F/T Case | Corsair 1200AT ps | Asus ROG Maximums XIII Extreme | I9 11900K Clocked@4200 | Nepton 240 W/C | 64GB DDR4-3600 Gskill Mem | Asus 3080 gpu/8gb | SB-Z audio | Asus 32" 1440 Monitor | Winwing Super Tauras/Super Libra | Crosswind R/P | Track-ir-5 |

I use the TM Cougar, although the stock Cougar is a dreadful device and I had to modify mine rather extensively to make it nice to use.

I tore out the stock electronic guts and replaced it all with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller board, and replaced the two stick axis pots with Hall effect sensors. I had to make a whole new circuit board for the throttle so it would be compatible with Leo Bodnar's controller, and had to run 10 wires from the stick handle to the controller, wiring all the stick switches and buttons to a small matrix board that I made, which fits in the stick handle. Then, there was the 65 miles of wiring it took to hook everything up--it involved a whole lot more soldering than any mortal man should ever have to do without getting paid, but it works really well now.

I also beefed up the cheap, flimsy stick gimbal frame with a 1/8" steel plate, milled a slot in it for the roll axis pin, and machined the bottom end of the stick base to accep a bronze bushing, which slides in the slotted plate for the roll axis. That way I was able to eliminate almost all of the roll axis freeplay, which is *awful* on the stock Cougar.

Whew, it was a whole heck of a lot of work!

AD

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

If man was meant to fly, he would have been born with a lot more money!

Interesting, 1,239 Warthog owners here (from the poll) represent $557,550 in sales at an average $450 per :joystick:

I’m not sure thats a good avg.

I’m sure there are many more.

I bought two sets, one for $500 and one for $450 early on.

Edited by MegOhm_SD
Edit

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

Did you take that number from the poll or go thru all the. Posts. I myself polled other since. That is my main control but I also have the tm warthog. Hotas also I’ve read several have bought replacement hotas because the intial crapped out

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

Will anyone who is using the Microsoft Sidewinder Force feedback 2, please let me know what driver you are using and where do I get it. Thank you in advance for the info.

There isn't any driver needed for the Sidewinder Force feedback 2. Just plug and play. Only windows 98 (and xp maybe) needed you to install a driver.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...