ER does not hit from some reason

Ragnarok

I do not know what it is, is anyone already writing about it?

It happens with the M-2000.

Share Shortcuts - tacview:

tacview:tacviewv2st146338992952s0860bs1146338995484s2ad08s3146338962169sc1sd0sz87o999619sr0o0spn13o5sy85o2

Did you lose lock on him?

The second ER smacks him right in the nose. A few seconds after that you engage an eagle and wind up shooting his Aim-120B out of the sky with an R-73. His missile was basically dead at that point, mach 0.4. Then, 4 minutes later you bag another ER kill. I'm not trying to start an argument here but that single ER miss isn't the most improbable thing to happen in that tacview.

Watch the engagement with goose. The first ER hits, the second ER hits the parachutist and then a 3rd ET hits the parachutist.

What's the problem?

Problem is the first ER and tacview. I noticed that this often happens against the M-2000. I was even in M-2000, I had the experience when I was surprised that the ER passed me, I do not know how. In MP and in SP also. Definitely not a network problem.

“The people will believe what the media tells them they believe.” — George Orwell

Maybe due to its .5 rcs compared to the FC3 jets.

Also, did your radar lose lock?

No, isn't. Maybe the distance to the center of the M2000 is bad. The 3D model is not the same as a programmed distance center.

“The people will believe what the media tells them they believe.” — George Orwell

The rcs isn’t .5 of the FC3 jets or that isn’t a factor?

Again, did your radar break lock?

I don’t know what else to say except that you should perform more testing and provide the tacviews so we can establish this is a valid concern. If it’s distance to center is wrong then this should effect all missiles not just the ER.

The rcs isn’t .5 of the FC3 jets or that isn’t a factor?

If it’s distance to center is wrong then this should effect all missiles not just the ER.

proximity fuse for r27, 73 and aim9 is 11, and 7m. For AIM120 is 15m. mybe is that reason.

Again, STT lock is all time ON. I have track file, and in the ACMI exist marker for lock ON.

proximity fuse for r27, 73 and aim9 is 11, and 7m. For AIM120 is 15m. mybe is that reason.

Again, STT lock is all time ON. I have track file, and in the ACMI exist marker for lock ON.

You’re assuming tacview is accurate in reporting the lock, the sample interval is .25 seconds. If it lost lock in a time frame smaller you wouldn’t know.

What was the miss distance as seen in tacview. I thought it was over 40 feet so larger than 11m. Also, if the distance to center is innacurate, shouldn’t we be seeing the Missile fusing (detonating) at a range even further away from the aircraft center?

Mirages can defeat missiles all day. And they barely have to do anything for it. I have seen them defeat all my missiles from ranges 12 miles to 1 mile with barely any input. And i'm pretty sure it's because of the RCS. And lots of times you can't even find him back while he is 5 miles in front of you (hot/cold). All the other planes you can re-acquire pretty quickly. Head on shots are the worst in my experience.

There is definitely something fishy going on.

Go in close, and when you think you are too close, go in closer.

Ok then i'll have no clue why this happens and why the Mirage is harder to find on radar. Especially from rear aspect.

Perhaps the RCS variable is a multiplier, and the game accounts for the actual cross sectional area of the airframe when calculating the true RCS for the current situation.

I do recall frustration with Aim-120C's flying past mirages quite a while ago. I quit MP entirely months ago though when tacviews showed they were missing high pK shots for any jet. I assumed it was netcode and it would be fixed eventually. To the original topic, is it merely R-27ER's? Or any missile regardless of seeker type? I think thatd be very telling.

Edited by SinusoidDelta

To the original topic, is it merely R-27ER's? Or any missile regardless of seeker type? I think thatd be very telling.

I have no proof for the others, although it seems that it is not just ER in question.

pk is not a problem. The problem is the behavior of MP players. In five hours on the server, 50% of the world's population of combat aircraft is destroyed. Fearless behavior drags and frivolous use of weapons. If behavior changes in the percentage of aircraft destruction per hour, in real life, immediately the use of weapons is different where Pk is large at the right moment.

Although there are problems in radar operating modes, and guidance problems, countermeasures ... indisputable!

Well the Mirage has 1/2 RCS of F-15C and Su-27, which makes it very easy(probably twice as easy) in the mirage to chaff/notch a radar guide missile. The AIM-120 has a relatively better chaff resistance and tracking capability, which makes the impact less noticeable(still!). But the R-27 already has a bad tracking, and against the Mirage it becomes totally a piece of trash...

Also, the R-27 generally misses a lot against hard maneuvering targets, even if it has sufficient energy, due to it's low lift coefficent:)

The Mirage not only has a much smaller RCS, but a much lower IR Signature as well, which makes similar impacts on EOS sensor and IR missiles.

Edited by Slutcher

I have no proof for the others, although it seems that it is not just ER in question.

pk is not a problem. The problem is the behavior of MP players. In five hours on the server, 50% of the world's population of combat aircraft is destroyed. Fearless behavior drags and frivolous use of weapons. If behavior changes in the percentage of aircraft destruction per hour, in real life, immediately the use of weapons is different where Pk is large at the right moment.

Although there are problems in radar operating modes, and guidance problems, countermeasures ... indisputable!

pK is the problem you are describing in some sense. The ER that missed the M2K in your tacview was a high pK shot. Yet it missed.

Maybe there is some language barrier problem going on here but I don't understand your point.

I'm not sure if you're implying my (and others) approach to MP is frivolous and without regard to survival. That may be true for some but that is not how I approach MP in DCS.

Could you clarify?

Edited by SinusoidDelta

Maybe there is some language barrier problem going on here but I don't understand your point.

Could you clarify?

Difficult. "some language barrier problem going on here". But 99% understand the nature of the problem in DCS.