Old 08-14-2018, 07:52 AM   #61
zhukov032186

I dunno. Either way it would join a verrrry long list this plane has
Old 08-14-2018, 01:55 PM   #62
Ironhand
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideslip View Post
Are you sure you are playing the right tracks? His track worked fine for me and I have never once rolled an su25 down a runway at 445kph. I only made 270kph about 2/3 down the runway.
That's what I get for trying to do something, when I'm dead tired. In your case, I was watching someone else's track entirely (discovered whose by peeking in the Tacview folder to see what I had viewed last night). So I viewed the correct track just now. Very nice flying, by the way. I'm not surprised that you had no blown tires. Unless you add skidding to the mix, you won't blow anything--as far as I can tell--until you're around +430 kph. That's without brakes applied. And I suspect the numbers won't change, if you apply brakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draconus View Post
@Ironhand: I hope you're not refering to how the track ends. Shouldn't left it like that but I was so excited to look at the tires externally...
I re-downloaded your track and played it again. Same track I downloaded last night. You land and initially slow down, then gradually increase your speed down the length of the runway until you take off again with tires intact. You then retract the landing gear and flaps, throttle back, extend the gear again and attempt an off-runway landing with too much downward momentum that doesn't end well.

Tires at the end of the run in my viewing:

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen_180814_094603.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	667.2 KB
ID:	192032  

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 16GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.
Ironhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 02:30 PM   #63
Ironhand
Veteran

Well...perhaps I'm wrong about whether or not braking has an effect on the tires. Drakonis, I hope you don't mind but I used your track--too lazy to make my own mission--and took control from the start and made the landing--that aircraft was HEAVY.

I saved the track and played it back twice taking control at the same point (at 390 IAS on the HUD after landing) after scrubbing flaps and throttling up. In the first I applied brakes starting at 390 IAS on the HUD. In the 2nd trial I did not apply brakes. With brakes engaged, tires started blowing at 430 IAS in the F2 view. Without brakes, I was up around 470 IAS in the F2 view before bad things started to happen.

BTW, after landing, the cockpit steam gauge and external view show different IASs). This is true in both the Su-25t and Su-27 and probably others. The F2 view is always higher. I've been taking the readings from the F2 view during the course of all this but perhaps I shouldn't be.

Anyway, for your viewing pleasure, the two tracks are attached. If you don't change views, you'll see the cockpit view suddenly snap to a slightly different viewpoint at around 390 IAS on the HUD after the landing. That's the point at which I take control and things become different. Until then, everything (the landing, all inputs, etc) should be identical.

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 16GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Last edited by Ironhand; 08-14-2018 at 03:24 PM.
Old 08-14-2018, 03:42 PM   #64
Ironhand
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by draconus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideslip View Post
...You did not need to be on the edge of a stall like that...
Unless you have it already calculated you set the minimum landing speed that way...
Just noticed the above exchange...

A less exciting way is to maintain a 12° AoA on the way down. That'll keep you at either the right speed or slightly above for your landing weight down the slope. Full flaps, maneuvering flaps, or no flaps. Doesn't matter. It'll adjust your landing speed accordingly as long as you're sitting on that AoA. But, then again, that's one of those things you learn with experience in the aircraft...unless you've already read it in a manual somehwere.