Let us shoot pilots out of the sky after they eject

Mohamengina

Yeah f@#* the Geneva convention!

DCS: War Criminal coming soon to a PC near you! :lol:

Article 42 – Occupants of aircraft

1. No person parachuting from an aircraft in distress shall be made the object of attack during his descent.

2. Upon reaching the ground in territory controlled by an adverse Party, a person who has parachuted from an aircraft in distress shall be given an opportunity to surrender before being made the object of attack, unless it is apparent that he is engaging in a hostile act.

3. Airborne troops are not protected by this Article.

Edited by feefifofum

Yeah f@#* the Geneva convention!

DCS: War Criminal coming soon to a PC near you! :lol:

We've already got cluster bombs and will probably get napalm at some point. No point in backing out now. ������������������

Edited by Mohamengina
Adding emoji which didn't work for some reason.

That's all - thanks.

Maybe some blood splatter and dismemberment too.

LOL, you must really hate your opposing players :)

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

I've just been playing a lot of quake champions. :)

This isn't Quake.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

This isn't Quake.

You don't play on the moshpit servers?

And on topic, regarding did or didn't, it was pretty common in WWI and still pretty common in WWII. Probably because it is sensible. Imagine somebody putting a bullet in Hartmann when we was only at 25 kills, or Rudel. That's a few extra REGIMENTS. Honor is for dueling and people that don't care if they win ;)

Gamewise, carries the same problems as RL : while you're trying to gun that wee little dude in the chute you're apt to get shot in the back. It is a good final salute to people you want to troll, though, kind of an aerial teabag :p

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

You don't play on the moshpit servers?

And on topic, regarding did or didn't, it was pretty common in WWI and still pretty common in WWII. Probably because it is sensible. Imagine somebody putting a bullet in Hartmann when we was only at 25 kills, or Rudel. That's a few extra REGIMENTS. Honor is for dueling and people that don't care if they win ;)

Gamewise, carries the same problems as RL : while you're trying to gun that wee little dude in the chute you're apt to get shot in the back. It is a good final salute to people you want to troll, though, kind of an aerial teabag :p

oH ok fine. you say realisitc YOu shoot down a parachuting pilot, and when you get back your CO ( server Host Or Adminstrators) puts you in the BRig ( virtual Prison) and you get court martialed for war crimes ( kicked from server) how about that for added simulation?

An example of doing hard time in Virtual Prison from a AA.

Even if it happened in ww1 and ww2 it was still seen as a deplorable act by peers, and was later officially included in the Geneva convention and since 1977 deemed a warcrime for which one can be Prosecuted for since.

From a simulation perspective, it really serves no purpose since once doesn't really have any meaningful control of AI pilot if he makes to the ground. Its a matter of just respawning into another plane in MP. Killing an AI pilots wont make any impact. At the end of the day aerial combat is about Destruction of planes, and not the pilot.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

IN a virutal setting killing AI pilots that arent even controlled by the player serves no purpose except brning out ones inner sadism.

Agreed. From my perspective, DCS is a flight simulator, not an Exorcise-your-inner-sicko simulator.

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

@Kev2Go

Lots of things have been outlawed, yet countries still do them. As far as getting court martialed... hahahaha, especially WWI and WWII, yeah no. It was SoP for the Japanese and the Germans did it often enough to earn an honorable mention lol

As for all this bs moralising, you guys really need to get over yourselves. '''BUUUT ITS A WARCRIME''' no, it's a game, and whether an object is destructible or not. Why have civilian AI traffic at all by your reasoning, they add nothing except CPU draw and shooting them (they're destructible, btw) is a WAR CRIIIIIIIIIME. This is about as intelligent as the people saying ''No Afghanistan map because muh politics''.

It's a wargame and we're talking about destructible objects, btw nearly every flight sim I've played has had destructible parachutes, from the ol' 1990s Aces of the Pacific to Janes Fighters series (where they were bizarrely explosive like everything else), to... can't remember about Il2 oddly. I dunno. -edit actually I remember some pansy servers kicking for it, so yes, it had it, too /edit Leave the moralising for where it matters. Barring extreme examples, in a video game it's nothing more than virtue signaling.

That doesn't mean a no is out of place, but really? ''Cuz war crimez''? @@

DCS:World is a simulation and in reality nobody will hunt "ejected pilots" . Because it is not the objective to destroy enemy pilots but enemy planes in the first place. Its like shooting surrendering opponents with hands in the air.

Even in a real war a military division is not a playground for psychopaths but an "establishment" with leadership and order not to mention that fighter pilots are carefully selected individuals so I doubt that it will be easy to get into their ranks with such mental state.

Even if this is not real life adding such feature in a simulation would be like adding flying cows. ehh

FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9 Dora, MiG-15bis , Mig-21bis, AJS-37 Viggen , M-2000C, F-15C, F/A-18C, F-14, Supercarrier, NTTR, Normandy+WW2 assets, Combined Arms, Persian Gulf

AMD Ryzen 2600x , ASUS Rog Strix B450-F, Corsair H100i, Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3000MHz DDR4, MSI RTX 2070 8G, ASUS Xonar DSX, Samsung EVO 970 SSD , PSU - Corsair RM750, Headtracking - EDtracker Pro Wired, 58" Screen, TM Warthog, Windows 10 64bit Home

@Kev2Go

Lots of things have been outlawed, yet countries still do them. As far as getting court martialed... hahahaha, especially WWI and WWII, yeah no. It was SoP for the Japanese and the Germans did it often enough to earn an honorable mention lol

As for all this bs moralising, you guys really need to get over yourselves. '''BUUUT ITS A WARCRIME''' no, it's a game, and whether an object is destructible or not. Why have civilian AI traffic at all by your reasoning, they add nothing except CPU draw and shooting them (they're destructible, btw) is a WAR CRIIIIIIIIIME. This is about as intelligent as the people saying ''No Afghanistan map because muh politics''.

It's a wargame and we're talking about destructible objects, btw nearly every flight sim I've played has had destructible parachutes, from the ol' 1990s Aces of the Pacific to Janes Fighters series (where they were bizarrely explosive like everything else), to... can't remember about Il2 oddly. I dunno. -edit actually I remember some pansy servers kicking for it, so yes, it had it, too /edit Leave the moralising for where it matters. Barring extreme examples, in a video game it's nothing more than virtue signaling.

That doesn't mean a no is out of place, but really? ''Cuz war crimez''? @@

Neither is it a good argument to say we should have just Cuz we aught to.

like i said if by your logic you think thats out of place, than neither is implementation "Virtual prison" being kicked from game and place there as a consequence o your actions of breaching the Geneva conventions.

DCS is not just about ww2. They may have branched but in terms of ground assts, avaitain ASSets, and scenarios far more focus is given to Modern Era.

DCS is a flight simulation, not a first person shooter so this is not a necessary feature to implement. This is a feature most of us including yourself especially can live without. ED has better things to invest thier development time in.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

I really wish the PC police was around for every other flight sim that I know of, to prevent this egregious abuse of virtual law that they all commited. I like how you ignored the destructible civilians. Aren't you going to lobby for their removal, cause it's unrealistic to shoot them without going to virtual jail? That's all they're good for, right? So we can simulate war crimes, why have them at all?

It's a stupid line of reasoning.

Edited by zhukov032186

I really wish the PC police was around for every other flight sim that I know of, to prevent this egregious abuse of virtual law that they all commited.

there are other genre of games you can go and do this stuff in, and ones were it actually makes a difference Dont see a reason to force unneeded features into a study level flight simulation.

before you accuse others of being too PC, I equally thought it wasn't necessary to add female Pilot models jsut to satisfy PC crowd in a given thread and making a huge issue out of not having such a feature like you are with not being able to shoot down parachuting pilots.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

@@ Canadians, playing wargames, but only if they can kill each other nicely

-edit

I don't care if the 'feature' exists, I'm saying 'cause RL legality and morals' is irrelevant. We also have cluster bombs, which are increasingly restricted or banned globally due to civilian casualties from unexploded bomblets. I.E. their usage is increasingly heading toward being a 'war crime'. It has no bearing on a video game.

-edit

Likewise I didn't have a problem with a female pilot, though I questioned being able to tell them apart. I objected to dragging in RL social ''issues'' instead of making a simple feature request, which I would have supported.

There is an identifiable pattern in my viewpoints and commentary (besides sarcasm)

Edited by zhukov032186

@@ Canadians, playing wargames, but only if they can kill each other nicely

-edit

I don't care if the 'feature' exists, I'm saying 'cause RL legality and morals' is irrelevant. We also have cluster bombs, which are increasingly restricted or banned globally due to civilian casualties from unexploded bomblets. I.E. their usage is increasingly heading toward being a 'war crime'. It has no bearing on a video game.

-edit

Likewise I didn't have a problem with a female pilot, though I questioned being able to tell them apart. I objected to dragging in RL social ''issues'' instead of making a simple feature request, which I would have supported.

There is an identifiable pattern in my viewpoints and commentary (besides sarcasm)

quite low of you to stoop to stereotypes.

and you instead play the whataboutism card to detract from the topic

In dcs Cluster bombs always explode , never leaving unexploded muntions., and there arent Bystanders in the Form of Farmers , or thier Little Children wandering around where unexploded munitions lay in the aftermath of a battle. So any moral realsons that apply to RL its irrelevant to the game. ( there are no AI cvilian Randomly wandering on foot in the map). Cluster munition server a purpose for destruction of enemy light skinned, ( or armored depending on Cluster type) Vehicles

any moral reasons aside , the simple fact is The Goal of Aerial combat is to destroy Combatants Planes Not the Pilots especially considering it serves no purpose for gampley besides Some individuals personal gratification. hence why ED never decided to add the feature, and why they likely wont ever invest any time to add it.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

I agree with zhukov032186 here. The politically correct here is strong. Guess what, killing is also wrong and illegal, but we also do that in games. Please tell me, those people who play FPS games, have you ever had those moments where you flanked their entire team and found YOURSELF behind the team, ready to kill a bunch of them with a machine gun? Is it a great feeling huh? Multi-kill is awesome :) But I don't see people complaining about that.

Killing a texture in a game with a shape of a human that is falling with a parachute WON'T hurt anybody, so why are these people so angry about that?

Jesus I haven't seen one of these in a while.

Seriously, people, this is just a game, calm down, nobody's hurting anybody with that request. One can live without it, that's for sure, but who cares if it was a feature? Can we please change the gun textures as well to water guns? Change the blood in games for something else, like a blue goop? Because wanting to see blood means sadism?

I'm impressed.

This is a sim, and it would be interesting if it could simulate all aspects of war.

D-Day was sad, but it is in a game called COD, which makes you think about those people who died in the war, but NONE of that in a game is wrong or immoral, being on the German team killing the blue players on that map won't make you a psychopath.

Edited by Vitormouraa