[NO BUG] RPM drops back for no reason

DeepDrummer

Since the last 2 updates including today's, in light cruise conditions the RPM drops off for no reason. The lever actually drops back as well. Very strange. Behavior is the same in both the beta and the stable 2.5

One can just barely move the lever in any direction and it comes back up. I happens at different rpm lever positions which to me rules out a dead spot in the controller.

It almost seems as though DCS is losing it's focus or something although every other function continues to work properly.

I use a TM hotas wartog setup with my own script which always works perfectly.

I set my rpm axis in game and not via script as I do with all axis.

I originally thought it was altitude dependent however it does it at any altitude over time while cruising especially if I change altitude to a lower altitude. much at all.

I never skips a beat during testing with the device analyser.

Nothing gets out of place ever during that phase of my testing of the controller.

It sure gets annoying. If it was the controller it should worsen over time but it does not. It's been doing that for over a week. I venture a guess that it is a bug. Please look into it.

Any ideas?

Win 10 pro 64 bit. Intel i7 4790 4 Ghz running at 4.6. Asus z97 pro wifi main board, 32 gig 2400 ddr3 gold ram, 50 inch 4K UHD and HDR TV for monitor. H80 cpu cooler. 8 other cooling fans in full tower server case. Soundblaster ZX sound card. EVGA 1080 TI FTW3. TM Hotas Wartog. TM T.16000M MFG Crosswinds Pedals. Trackir 5.

"Everyone should fly a Spitfire at least once" John S. Blyth

Beware that today's update created separate settings for controllers of both versions of the Spitfire, while before they appeared to share the same set of axis.

Check if the particular model you're experiencing this effect got a new button / axis / slider to the RPM axis ?

From today's update:

DCS Spitfire IX

• When you call the Input Panel in the game will open the correct profile of the Spitfire modification.

Flight Simulation is the Virtual Materialization of a Dream...

Truth to be told, I can't quite figure out what this "Engrish"point in today's patchnotes is supposed to mean exactly, because the commands menu in control options is the same as it was (well, mechanically it's the same plane after all). So each one axis assignment should still work for both planes.

Maybe it means the players don't have to manually create separate controls folder for CW Spit in Saved Games, as we used to previously. If a person didn't do that, various control shenanigans followed. Maybe that's fixed now.

Anyway, DD, you're the only guy reporting such a weird RPM lever behaviour, so I wouldn't be so fast with suspecting a game bug :D. Still, will do some flying around later myself to see how the plane works now.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

• ED Team
Beware that today's update created separate settings for controllers of both versions of the Spitfire, while before they appeared to share the same set of axis.

Check if the particular model you're experiencing this effect got a new button / axis / slider to the RPM axis ?

From today's update:

DCS Spitfire IX

• When you call the Input Panel in the game will open the correct profile of the Spitfire modification.

I still only see an entry for Spitfire Sim and Spitfire Easy after the update.

I cannot reproduce, please confirm your controls and if it still happens, include a small track of the issue and I will check it out.

Since the last 2 updates including today's, in light cruise conditions the RPM drops off for no reason. The lever actually drops back as well. Very strange. Behavior is the same in both the beta and the stable 2.5

One can just barely move the lever in any direction and it comes back up. I happens at different rpm lever positions which to me rules out a dead spot in the controller.

It almost seems as though DCS is losing it's focus or something although every other function continues to work properly.

I use a TM hotas wartog setup with my own script which always works perfectly.

I set my rpm axis in game and not via script as I do with all axis.

I originally thought it was altitude dependent however it does it at any altitude over time while cruising especially if I change altitude to a lower altitude. much at all.

I never skips a beat during testing with the device analyser.

Nothing gets out of place ever during that phase of my testing of the controller.

It sure gets annoying. If it was the controller it should worsen over time but it does not. It's been doing that for over a week. I venture a guess that it is a bug. Please look into it.

Any ideas?

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

I have two separate settings one for each. They are identical.

I'll take a flight and see if I can get a .trk under 5 Meg. It takes a while before the issue arises.

Another periodic issue is occasionally the boost guage stutters and jiggles when the supercharger kicks into hi gear. This is new from the last 2 updates as well.

It certainly could be me. This is why I asked. I have to check my slider on my other stick since I noticed it was halfway.

I'll report back if I can do it under 5 Mb

Win 10 pro 64 bit. Intel i7 4790 4 Ghz running at 4.6. Asus z97 pro wifi main board, 32 gig 2400 ddr3 gold ram, 50 inch 4K UHD and HDR TV for monitor. H80 cpu cooler. 8 other cooling fans in full tower server case. Soundblaster ZX sound card. EVGA 1080 TI FTW3. TM Hotas Wartog. TM T.16000M MFG Crosswinds Pedals. Trackir 5.

Got it

Ok. It was my fault sort of.

My T160000M twist axis is the same as my TM Hotas Wartog throttle pitch lever (rpm).

I knew some axis conflicted but yeah. Problem solved. I won't use it to look around any more even though I wasn't really using the twist at all, I must move it enough at times. I reproduced it 5 times in a row once I noticed the first time.

Thanks guys!

Oddly in another sim, I use that twist for nosewheel steering all the time although I don't include it in the script. It does not conflict that way. In DCS as stated, I do not include axis in the script either. It always has axis conflicts. I knew it did but forgot about the twist.

I guess it's my problem if it bothers no one else. No worries.

The moral of the story is not to use the twist axis' (or any axis) on the second stick?

Small .trks attached.

I wracked my brain for a week on that. ha ha

boost3.trk

boost4.trk

boost2.trk

Glad you got it sorted!

Thanks to you fine folks who always motivate me.

I cured it permanently by putting a set screw through the twist axis.

I tried removing that axis from my target script. No dice.

I tried removing it from my lua(whatever).diff file but of course that took away my rpm control.

This solution works perfectly since it no longer can twist. 3 turns of the screw to the left and it is back to stock. I almost super glued it but found my glue had hardened luckily enough.

I have said it before but I will reiterate again. When using the T160000M with the TM hotas wartog the axis are duplicated but not in the same place. I.E. the throttle on the T1600000 may not be the same axis as the throttle on the hotas if you use it in a script and if I remember correctly there are problems if used outside the script with duplicate axis as well.

It is definitely not a fault of DCS really. Thanks for the confirmations guys. It saved me a lot of time.

Tom