Please have mercy and give us post-process AA

twistking

Super sampling to 200% or bruteforcing MSAA on a deferred shading renderer is very, very inefficient.

Adding some post process AA like SMAA or TXAA would help tremendously with getting clean visuals without sacrificing performance.

It's also very easy to implement, so still not having it in DCS seem unjustifiable considering how much money people spent on hardware trying to get clean visuals.

With TXAA and maybe 125% SS you can easily surpass image quality of 4*MSAA with a fraction of the perforamnce loss.

To be honest i can not understand, how somebody thought it was ok to ship the deferred shading version of dcs without pp aa...

Why don't you just use ReShade? It's an external shader mod, you can que up any kind/number of effects you want and then fiddle with some sliders/values to adjust how much and the manner they are applied. It's extremely easy to use.

You can even render the game in black and white ASCII characters if you want

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Why don't you just use ReShade? It's an external shader mod, you can que up any kind/number of effects you want and then fiddle with some sliders/values to adjust how much and the manner they are applied. It's extremely easy to use.

You can even render the game in black and white ASCII characters if you want

This is a wish item for the wishlist for DCS, it's not a request for workarounds.

Reshade only offers fxaa though and this is by far the least interesting out of all pp aa solutions.

With a proper integration you could also run the pp aa before the scale down from a super sampled image, which could give even better results.

Reshade doesn't work in VR as I recall. Or maybe I'm wrong on that.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Oh, I don't know about VR, never tried to use it with that.

And it offers FXAA and SMAA and both are highly adjustable. At least the version I have does, but you can plug in new shaders easy enough anyway. That's kind of the point of ReShade in the first place, afterall.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

yeah +1000 i want better AA

i don't wanna play time game because it is so jaggy and shimmering even though 4xmsaa and mfaa or whatever it is lol

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Creating graphic engines is not an easy task, especially for a small indipendent software house like ED. It takes a lot of time and resources.

Let's just not derail off topic and maintain this wishlist topic as pure as we can, so that it doesn't turn into trash talk (or unwanted 3rd party solutions).

You can set all the options you want in the NVidia control panel and I would assume the AMD one...

None of it works in VR but most AA doesn't anyway.

So yeah... Use the NV/AMD CPL... It's pretty awesome.

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

bump

this game's AA was way too better before. please add some better performance AA settings

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

:thumbup:

Super sampling to 200% or bruteforcing MSAA on a deferred shading renderer is very, very inefficient.

Adding some post process AA like SMAA or TXAA would help tremendously with getting clean visuals without sacrificing performance.

It's also very easy to implement, so still not having it in DCS seem unjustifiable considering how much money people spent on hardware trying to get clean visuals.

With TXAA and maybe 125% SS you can easily surpass image quality of 4*MSAA with a fraction of the perforamnce loss.

To be honest i can not understand, how somebody thought it was ok to ship the deferred shading version of dcs without pp aa...

:thumbup: +1

Mainboard: ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z 370

CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.0 GHz

Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000

Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Monitor ASUS PA 329 32" @ 4K

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 4 TB

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals

because Vulkan API engine is on the way, effort for things like AA is probably going into that, that's better and worth the wait.

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

because Vulkan API engine is on the way, effort for things like AA is probably going into that, that's better and worth the wait.

Worth the wait... maybe 5 or 6 years... how long did EDGE take? :music_whistling:

I’m not knocking ED I’m just saying enjoy DCS for what it is now and don’t put so much stake into the far away future.

i9-13900K @ 6.2GHz oc | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5