SU25 question

I am rather new with dcs and I bought the SU25.

I also had the P51 and I saved and used the settings of my G940 also for the SU25.

1-Throttle doesnot work although it works for the P51.

probebly I have to do something but dont know what.

could someone give me a helping hand

2-the same with the mouse I can move the pointer over the screens but in the SU25 it is not there.

duke

Have you checked your control configuration and assigned the correct axis for your throttle in the Su25? The game sometimes automatically assigns the wrong axis to the throttles.

The Su25 does not allow you to click anywhere in the cockpit. Neither do any of the Flaming Cliffs series planes (A-10A, F-15, Su25, Su25T, Su27, Su33). The DCS Flaming Cliffs series aircraft are referred to as "survey simulations" whereas the higher detailed DCS planes such as the A-10C, P-51D, Ka-50 and UH-1H are referred to as "study simulations" and feature fully detailed flight systems and cockpits that can be interacted with. This is also why the DCS Flaming Cliffs planes are quite a bit cheaper than the DCS aircraft.

Robert Sogomonian | Psyrixx

website| e-mail | blog | youtube | twitter

Game typically assigns incorrect axis/buttons. First thing to do is make sure you select correct simulator. If you play su-25t, it sbould be SU-25T Sim (not game or arcade). Second thing to do is go to Axis and set all relevant axis. Not too many of them. 2 for joystick, 1 for throttle and 1 or 2 for rudder. Thats your basic. Now you can assign the rest of buttons. But final layout depends on your intentions and skills. You will go back often and re assign. Good luck.

Finally, take all i said with grain of salt. Everybody's layout/design is slightly different. G940 is very good joystick with lots of buttons. However i use also G13 gamepad and old Saitek joystick to have access to more buttons.

Edit: there is only Su-25T in controls. Not Sim or Game.

Edited by Dusan56

2-the same with the mouse I can move the pointer over the screens but in the SU25 it is not there.

duke

The mouse cursor is only there for presentation in Su25, it does not enable you to carry out any pit functions. To enable it LALT c. Su25 does not, unfortunately, have a 'clickable' pit.

You should probably post aircraft specific questions in the relevant Aircraft forum. Helps everyone.:thumbup:

Fish's Flight Sim Videos

[sIGPIC]I13700k, RTX4090, 64gb ram @ 3600, superUltraWide 5120x1440, 2560x1440, 1920x1080, Warthog, Tusba TQS, Reverb VR1000, Pico 4, Wifi6 router, 360/36 internet[/sIGPIC]

When you sort out joystick layout i'd recommend to learn how to fly Su-25T from tutorials posted on YouTube by Robert Sogomonian (Psyrixx's YouTube name?). So far there are 4 tutorials. Very well done. Educative, competent and yet simple. Hope Mr.Sogomonian will continue and release more.

• 8 months later...

My estimated costs for Su-25T:

Flight hour = 23556$

1xTire(main Gear) = 2000$

Repair (Right side of main gear has a slight deformation,

stable straight-ahead driving no longer possible) = 140000$

Are my estimations close to the reality?

Well I made first all of the existing cleared

then I filled in under p51 the throttle

after this saved and put this one to su25

mouse and throttle doesnot work but in p51 it does.

I understand now that su25 is not as p51 but throtles and mouse should work isn't it?

That usually doesn't work, and if it works, it most probably would contain other mapping problems. The functions that you can map to your controllers are technically (as in software) not the same between aircrafts. You have to map each aircraft individually.

My estimated costs for Su-25T:

Flight hour = 23556$

1xTire(main Gear) = 2000$

Repair (Right side of main gear has a slight deformation,

stable straight-ahead driving no longer possible) = 140000$

Are my estimations close to the reality?

I would have guessed 23555 $ per hour, but yes, just guessed. :o)

• 2 weeks later...

- How can i put the pilot body into the Su-25T cockpit ? Is this possible in v1.2.8 for the Su-25T?

- I can open the kneeboard but it stays on left side and on the screen.

How can i put the kneeboard into the virtual cockpit space (on my left leg for ex.), which was possible in PeterP's Kneeboard mod ?

• 4 months later...
When you sort out joystick layout i'd recommend to learn how to fly Su-25T from tutorials posted on YouTube by Robert Sogomonian (Psyrixx's YouTube name?). So far there are 4 tutorials. Very well done. Educative, competent and yet simple. Hope Mr.Sogomonian will continue and release more.

I just came back to DCS (from 2011, Hog and Black shark) and obviously started again with DCS World.

Have nearly all the sim aircraft installed now, but the Su25T that comes with DCS World is a real treat to fly!

The Su25T, although a non clickable cockpit, is an excellent simulation and will be interesting to compare it to the Hog! (Can it do the job?:smilewink:)

On the joystick layout, its a must to program a good HOTAS set up since you don't have any mouse clicks.

On the subject of video tutorials this chap, Robert Sogomonium, has some great videos, worth a sub and a good look!

Now its back to the manuals and tutorials...Ever tried to fly the Hog after a 3 year layoff?:cry:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]i7 Haswell @ 4.6Ghz, Z97p, GTX1080, 32GB DDR3, x3SSD, Win7/64, professional. 32" BenQ, TIR 5, Saitek x55 HOTAS.

Search User Files for "herky" for my uploaded missions. My flight sim videos on You Tube. https://www.youtube.com/user/David Herky