Maple flag missions

langers1066

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Apologies for not including the link there (thanks Milli).

I don't want a precedent to be set for paying for individual missions either. However, I think a large and well constructed campaign represents a lot of work that I would be willing to shell out a few bucks for. I don't know, what do others think?

Also as I only really play single player, it is the campaigns that I particularly enjoy, so maybe I am weird. Are there other freely available additional campaigns for a-10c?

IMO paying for missions or campaigns that arnt official is taking the pee.

Yes they spent time making them, but so do alot of other people. The net is full of excellent free missions, campaigns, video tutorials, pdf tutorials and more.

Even the game/sim at its base level is free so why should anyone have to pay for a few training missions? when the information is freely available.

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8BNA, C-101CC/EB, F-14 A/B, F-15C, F-15E, F-16CM, F/A-18C & Super carrier, F-86F-35, L-39 C/ZA, Mirage 2000C, MIG-15BIS, MIG-21BIS, MIG-29, SU-25A, SU-25T, SU-27, SU-3.  BF-109K4, FW-190D9, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk IX, TF-51D.  AH-64D, KA-50 2, KA-50 3, MI-24P, MI-8MTV2, UH-1H.  Caucasus, Nevada/NTTR, Normandy 2, Persian Gulf, The Channel, Syria, Mariana Islands, Sinai

Good stuff is never free.

DCS World must be rubbish then

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8BNA, C-101CC/EB, F-14 A/B, F-15C, F-15E, F-16CM, F/A-18C & Super carrier, F-86F-35, L-39 C/ZA, Mirage 2000C, MIG-15BIS, MIG-21BIS, MIG-29, SU-25A, SU-25T, SU-27, SU-3.  BF-109K4, FW-190D9, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk IX, TF-51D.  AH-64D, KA-50 2, KA-50 3, MI-24P, MI-8MTV2, UH-1H.  Caucasus, Nevada/NTTR, Normandy 2, Persian Gulf, The Channel, Syria, Mariana Islands, Sinai

I do like them a lot and would gladly pay 10 USD for an A-10C combat campaign with the same level of quality the graduation campaign have. (Please take the hint, Sabre-TLA ;))

For me a well done campaign is putting the butter on the sim bread.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

I do like them a lot and would gladly pay 10 USD for an A-10C combat campaign with the same level of quality the graduation campaign have. (Please take the hint, Sabre-TLA ;))

For me a well done campaign is putting the butter on the sim bread.

Yes, I agree! I just started the Georgia Hammer campaign and I am a little disappointed with the lack of narrative and progression (I immediately get blown out of the sky). I'll switch to The Shore and the Devil's cross campaigns I think (thanks Nealius for pointing those out).

I have flown these before and found them very enjoyable, would recommend them if people are willing to spend a few bucks.

Frankly, it's worth what you think it's worth. If you're someone who isn't willing to spend money on addon campaigns and missions, which is a totally reasonable opinion btw, then just don't. Many great missions continue to be produced free. It's been my experience that the level of quality on these is a good bit higher than on most of the similar free missions I have tried. That said, you decide what it's worth to you, if that little bit of professional "polish" isn't worth $4.99, then there's plenty of great free content for you out there.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 weeks later...

There are only 7 packs on the Maple Flag Missions website, although older posts here on ED forums shows more of them. Does it mean that they're bundled in the Basic and / or Advanced qualification Campaigns? Just bought 4 of them and I'm sure I'd love to buy them more.

• 1 month later...

Eagle Dynamics actually does get a cut of this.

Now yes, there are Videos and PDF files out there, but this is the first thing I've come across that really gets you into the nuts and bolts of the aircraft while actually doing it yourself. It costs less than the Venti Pumpkin Spice Latte with Pumpkin Bread that I sit here nursing, and all in all, it is a good product. Look at the Microsoft FSX Wold. I have literally hundreds of dollars sunk into that. $30 a piece for Apache, Chinook, C-17, the MD-88 I fly for Delta Virtual Airlines, the two different HH-60 PAVE Hawks I fly for the Virtual USAF, then there's the REX, GEX, FEX, UTX, GSX, etc. etc. Add-on after add-on. Some of these cost around $50, believe it or not. Now with DCS, I might not get the entire world to fly in, but I get a TON of stuff to do. And a guy comes out with a great Academy type thing that's only $5? That's a steal if you ask me. If he made the same product for FSX, X-Plane, or Prepar3d, he's be sitting on an at least $30 product. (plus the cost of getting an A-10 addon from Milviz or one of the other myriad 3rd party vendors).

I'm not seeing why this is not free. It's good, don't get me wrong, but I shut off the video after he was telling you to anticipate the G and strain all your muscles.... I was like, nope, exit.

I would pay for Ranger79s missions however. Now THAT is work of art my friends.

I guess Eddie should start charging to view his posts on weapon delivery.

Seriously, there's enough free content between the manual, youtube, and these forums right here. Thus, in my opinion the market price for most knowledge on this sim appears to be $0. This is why some people are calling out the pay-for-training missions as possibly a bad deal or maybe just bad form on the author's part.

I'm not seeing why this is not free. It's good, don't get me wrong, but I shut off the video after he was telling you to anticipate the G and strain all your muscles.... I was like, nope, exit.

Thanks Bro! Mission 2 coming real soon, just waiting on voice scripts.

Unlike most missions these missions from Sabre actually are as realistic as possible and the G warm up described is in fact modelled in DCS. In other words the amount of G you warm up with factors into the G stamina of the pilot and his G tolerance/stamina is higher. G warmup is done prior to A/A and A/G combat IRL from what I understand. If you don't believe me then take an F-15 or Mig for a flight and do a G warm up first and then do high G and then try it again with out the warm up.:thumbup:

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]