prop pitch slow?

birdstrike

watch at 6:30...

i always had the impression that the prop pitch moves a tad slowly in our dcs bf109.

in the video shown above it takes about 4seconds for "1hour" on the clock, and thats what i remember from having read on several sites.

in dcs it takes quite longer for one revolution...something between 6 and 7 seconds. if my brainclock was accurate...

is it possible that this is slightly too slow in dcs? im asking, as there are quite a few situations, i.e. in a steeper dive, where the prop pitch cant catch up with the revolutions, and tends to overev.

and the opposite in a steep climb, where it cant keep up the rpm and they drop...

Edited by birdstrike

Nice vidéo !

The fact is what we see is a quick turn around the clock, but with system disconnected, without any mechanical resistance.

(Ie. exactly the same behavior when testing car electric glass alone).

About 109 porp pitch management , the master word is "anticipation" !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yeah, because a clock on top of a bed is totally the same as real thing moving a whole propeller.

in dcs it takes quite longer for one revolution...something between 6 and 7 seconds. if my brainclock was accurate...

is it possible that this is slightly too slow in dcs? im asking, as there are quite a few situations, i.e. in a steeper dive, where the prop pitch cant catch up with the revolutions, and tends to overev.

and the opposite in a steep climb, where it cant keep up the rpm and they drop...

But auto setting doesn't have any problem setting the prop to correct position and never, ever, overrev or underrev when you need it and pitch change speed is probably the same.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice