3rd unanounced helicopter speculation

QuiGon

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys,

Well here the speculations were made about a 3rd Airbus Helicopters license we try to achieve.

We will not make it puplic right away as soon the negotiations are settled. Assume some sort of update in which we might show some of the work that would be done by then.

About the mh60, we have thought about it already. We also have had first talks to people of Sikorski but this is not easy at all as it looks like Sikorski is similar like another helicopter producer and does not want to have a trademark being reproduced in a game enviroment. But do to my nature that I do not want to give up, some little door opened on that one a few weeks ago.

If such a mh60 would go into production, do not expect the start of this project before 2018, as we have higher priority projects already in negotiations.

For now, we are testing the gazelle and finetune here and there.

Read you guys on christmas.

Cheers

Sven

Thanks for the update, it's much appreciated.

And thumbs up for all those negotiations :thumbup:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

About the mh60, we have thought about it already [...] some little door opened on that one a few weeks ago.

Sven, many thanks for taking the time to answer, I will keep fingers crossed! :music_whistling:

Also I just want to say that to me the way you communicate with us is great as you give us info but at the same time you try not over-promise with crazy lists of aircraft, so please just keep it that way! :thumbup:

- The Tiger: I think this one doesn't need any explanation. It would be really awesome since it would be the first true attack helicopter in DCS since the KA-50.

Australians all let us rejoice,

For the Army is now here.

With hellfires and laser sights,

The foe is girt with fire.

Our field abounds with allies' gifts,

Of ANZUS and NATO.

In history's page,

Let every shot,

Kill some crazy bastard.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi guys,

Well here the speculations were made about a 3rd Airbus Helicopters license we try to achieve.

We will not make it puplic right away as soon the negotiations are settled. Assume some sort of update in which we might show some of the work that would be done by then.

About the mh60, we have thought about it already. We also have had first talks to people of Sikorski but this is not easy at all as it looks like Sikorski is similar like another helicopter producer and does not want to have a trademark being reproduced in a game enviroment. But do to my nature that I do not want to give up, some little door opened on that one a few weeks ago.

If such a mh60 would go into production, do not expect the start of this project before 2018, as we have higher priority projects already in negotiations.

For now, we are testing the gazelle and finetune here and there.

Read you guys on christmas.

Cheers

Sven

Have a great holiday Sven! Looking forward to all the fantastic products you guys are going to be putting out in the future. :)

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

*fingers crossed for a proper attack chopper*

+1, no matter which nation/model

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 6700K @ 4.2, MSI M5 Z170A Gaming, NZXT X61 Kraken liquid cooler, PNY Nvidia GTX 1080 Founders Edition, 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 Mhz C15, samsung 840 evo SSD, CoolerMaster 1000W Gold rated PSU, NZXT Noctis 450 cabinet, Samsung S240SW 24' 1920x1200 LED panel, X-52 Pro Flight stick. W10 Pro x64 1809, NO antivirus EVER

Sven, many thanks for taking the time to answer, I will keep fingers crossed! :music_whistling:

Also I just want to say that to me the way you communicate with us is great as you give us info but at the same time you try not over-promise with crazy lists of aircraft, so please just keep it that way! :thumbup:

+1

Thanks for the update Sven!

Thanks for your clear and concise updates Sven.

Win 10 64bit | i7 7700k delid @ 5.1gHz | 32Gb 3466mhz TridentZ memory | Asus ROG Apex motherboard | Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti overclocked

Komodosim Cyclic | C-tek anti torque pedals and collective | Warthog stick and throttle | Oculus Rift CV1 | KW-908 Jetseat | Buttkicker with Simshaker for Aviators

RiftFlyer VR G-Seat project: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2733051#post2733051

Mmmmm, a newchopper ? AS332 Super Puma (or better, AS330 Puma ;-) ), it will suit very well with the Gazelle !

Oh god I wish, I've been dreaming of a DCS level Puma ever since I started sim flying. I love the helicopter, it was a major part of my childhood, as my dad was a crewman on them for years.

Spent my childhood, climbing about and flying in Pumas, which was a stunning experience for a young child. ( it's amazing how popular you become, when you get picked up from the school playing fields and taken flying during your lunch break in a military helicopter ;) )

However, we will need skins for 33, 230 & 240 Sqns, Royal Air Force please. :D

Hell if it wasn't for Pumas, chances are I wouldn't have the love for Helios that I have now,and I may not even be part of this community. :O

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Yeah the Super Puma (or later versions) would be sweet.... apart from door gunners, did they hang weapons on it?

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Did you just say Panavia? Oh man, that would mean you're thinking about DCS Tornado? That would be so damn awesome that I don't know what to say!! :joystick:
If you guys are thinking about doing the Tornado.VEAO is already planning to do the GR1 version.Is it a GR4 or ADV variant that you want to do.By the way,any chance you guys are looking at developing an CH-53 Stallion in the future.:music_whistling:

No, but two or three third parties working on the same plane will do nobody any good.

Two things are important:

1. If a third party announces an aircraft they should be very confident that they will be able to make it happen, and cancel it if they realize they can't.

2. If another third party has any choice they shouldn't try to model that particular aircraft.

It is a small market, third parties and ED should talk to each other (and I think they do).

No, but two or three third parties working on the same plane will do nobody any good.

Two things are important:

1. If a third party announces an aircraft they should be very confident that they will be able to make it happen, and cancel it if they realize they can't.

2. If another third party has any choice they shouldn't try to model that particular aircraft.

It is a small market, third parties and ED should talk to each other (and I think they do).

Well there are a lot of things on VEAO's to do list :P That shouldn't mean they get first dibs on all of those planes though!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Agreed but VEAO has also listed basically everything the UK has flown since 1939 on their "road map." They obviously lack the means to deliver all those aircraft, it's more of a wishlist than an actual plan I think. I'd ask them prior to developing anything on that list of course, but provided they aren't currently working on it, it's fair game I think.

If you guys are thinking about doing the Tornado.VEAO is already planning to do the GR1 version.Is it a GR4 or ADV variant that you want to do.By the way,any chance you guys are looking at developing an CH-53 Stallion in the future.:music_whistling:

VEAO is doing the british Tornado GR(1), so there are still the ADV, IDS and ECR variants left. I would gess that Polychop would do one of the german variants (IDS and ECR, probably IDS).

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Hi,

ok, first this topic here states 3rd Aannounced helicopter speculations.

Panavia Tornado family is not a helicopter, otherwise the officials I talked to of the company would have told me that it is a VTOL and well, anyhting about the Tornado will be stated in a different topic.

I can tell you here, which I will state again soon, that I have my contacts and surely talk to the right people for a Tornado product.

As I can not see anybody doing the tornado, and knowing from official side about license conditions, that we are on a good track.

Let us keep this topic to the helo specualtions.

Cheers

Sven

edit: we will give an update soon, just need to check with Olli and Pat what we want to show.

I guess if we agree on some certain news you guys might be blown away on what we work on.

Just to state things clearly beforehand, we will try to only make official claims on modules if we are getting the license form the planecompanies, or if it looks super promising.

Do to the fact that I am handelling the license talks right now, I do also know if other companies hold licenses for certain products or not. I am not revealing about other 3rd parties but I can tell you, I have talked to all the big players in the bussiness and have a good picture of what is going on

Edited by borchi_2b
  • Like 1