Next aircraft speculation

Farlander

Come on LN! Tell us already! :)

Agreed too ! That's not fun anymore... I know ( hope ) you work around the clock to finish those promotional materials... ' cause we can't hang on any longer

You teased us so hard a couple of weeks ago, everyone here knows " everything taked much longer than expected " but that's not very professional and shortest jokes are always the best :-)

Hope we're not too far away, good luck

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPL(A)IR ME/SEP/MEP/SET - CPL(H)

I remember the old bezel studio said they will work on mig-23 after mig-21, however they had gone and now for LNsim. LOL

If it's 23MLD, well, which could launch r-60, r-23/24, r-27 and r-73, a bigger and faster fishbed with powerful missile and VG wing. :O

a bigger and faster fishbed with powerful missile and VG wing. :O

Guys, quit comparing the 21 and 23 as if they where the same thing. Apart from a few instruments, they are completely different beasts.

It´s like comparing a F-104 or F-8 with a Phantom.

On topic, I think we can mostly agree on 4 ac: Tornado, Viggen, Zero and F-5.:D

• Like 1

Viggen , F-5 is made by belsimtek.

Not official belsimtek are so quiet.

i7 2600k -- Noctua NH-D14--Asrock Z75 Pro3--ASUS GTX970 Strix --16Go Ripjaws X 1333--Thermaltake Smart M650--CoolerMaster Silencio 652S--AOC E2752VQ-- Sandisk Extreme II 480GB--Saitek X-52 Pro --SAITEK PZ35 Pedals

Guys, quit comparing the 21 and 23 as if they where the same thing. Apart from a few instruments, they are completely different beasts.

It´s like comparing a F-104 or F-8 with a Phantom.

On topic, I think we can mostly agree on 4 ac: Tornado, Viggen, Zero and F-5.:D

Don't forget about the F4U! :)

Plenty of hinting for that one.

-Nick

how can you guys be so sure the next plane is the Viggen?

We can't but it does fit the hints given by Leatherneck, and I don't think there are many alternatives, the other's being mainly AV-8B and Tornado. Also, Cobra himself and several other's on the Leatherneck team are swedes, so a Swedish aircraft doesn't seem all that far fetched.

I bet on MiG-23 (most obviously MLD) or Su-17/22 (M3 for they represent the latest modifications) on any modifications due to several reasons:

1- we were ninted about fixed-wing aircraft (or anything that closely relates to, saw somewhere Nick's post)

2-would deem challenging to reveal any confidencial information about up-to-date crafts (Rafale, Tornado etc). Harrier should not be excluded though.

3-assuming Mr. Novac is Fishbed fighter-pilot he might have piloted MiG-23 as well

More that that. Nick's thread

"We're veering a little off topic. An update to the update of the update- our hopeful estimate to reveal in September may have been slightly optimistic. (Sorry for this, again!)Not only has regular development been taking a massive chunk of time, MiG-21 1.5 has been requiring a lot of attention. Sincere apologies for a disappointing end to September, but we're working a lot of OT to ensure we come out of the gate swinging."

Don't know what cues should be told about else... It's definately swing-wing (ok. ok. U got me. I hope so))

Edited by leutenant

I bet on MiG-23... but we're working a lot of OT to ensure we come out of the gate swinging."

Don't know what cues should be told about else... It's definately swing-wing (ok. ok. U got me. I hope so))

redblue.jpg

I'd love the Mig-23 over the Viggen/Tornado suggestions. I'll take the Blue pill.

I bet on MiG-23 (most obviously MLD) or Su-17/22 (M3 for they represent the latest modifications) on any modifications due to several reasons:

1- we were ninted about fixed-wing aircraft (or anything that closely relates to, saw somewhere Nick's post)

2-would deem challenging to reveal any confidencial information about up-to-date crafts (Rafale, Tornado etc). Harrier should not be excluded though.

3-assuming Mr. Novac is Fishbed fighter-pilot he might have piloted MiG-23 as well

It doesn't fit the list:

• Ground Mapping and Targeting Radar

• Complex missiles with Advanced Targeting Parameters

• Custom shaders for enhanced visual fidelity (e.g. CRT Screen representation)

• Unique visual features (In-pilot customization, etc.)

• New audio cues and enhanced fidelity

• Far more complex avionic and computer systems than in the MiG-21

• New and unique PFM features and aerodynamic configurations

• New or unique methods of propulsion or force distribution

Ground mapping radar?

New or unique methods of propulsion?

...?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Cobra discussed the MiG-23 in an online interview (it's on YouTube) and stated that they are very likely to do a MiG-23, but it's not next. That could mean that it's after the expected WW2 module and could be the "modern" module. But it doesn't match many of the recent hints nearly as well as other aircraft mentioned.

At least that's my read.

-Nick

It doesn't fit the list:

Ground mapping radar?

New or unique methods of propulsion?

...?

Well, it doesn't have to for it comes only for upcoming F-14 features btw)

Why do you really expect him to play the open card? Who would))) Nevertherless on what's been said I shall stay on my own opinion

Edited by leutenant

True, but it's also worth noting that the F-14 isn't next either. In fact, it's expected to be their 4th release. I really hope they do both the MiG-23 and MiG-25, but I just don't see either of them being the next two planes. They don't fit the clues given at all.

Edited by King_Hrothgar

...Ground Mapping and Targeting Radar

Complex missiles with Advanced Targeting Parameters

Far more complex avionic and computer systems than in the MiG-21

New and unique PFM features and aerodynamic configurations

New or unique methods of propulsion or force distribution...

F-16C :thumbup:

F-16 Block 40/42's APG-68(V)1 model added full compatibility with Lockheed Martin Low-Altitude Navigation and Targeting Infra-Red for Night (LANTIRN) pods, and a high-PRF pulse-Doppler track mode to provide continuous-wave radar (CW) target illumination for semi-active radar-homing (SARH) missiles like the AIM-7 Sparrow.

The F-16 was the first production fighter aircraft intentionally designed to be slightly aerodynamically unstable, also known as "relaxed static stability" (RSS), to improve maneuverability.

Edited by Sea Wings

80s - Great Time ...

True, but it's also worth noting that the F-14 isn't next either. In fact, it's expected to be their 4th release. I really hope they do both the MiG-23 and MiG-25, but I just don't see either of them being the next two planes. They don't fit the clues given at all.

F-14 maybe wont be the next released aircraft but it was the next announced. I've read somewhere that the Mig-23 shares 3/4 of the code with mig-21 so it's likely it's one of the 3 modules in the making. I doubt they will make the Mig-25 because of classified systems... unless they have a contract with some government like veao... It would be a blast to fly.