Additional USA Logbooks for DCS World (USN, USMC and USAF)

59 minutes ago, speed-of-heat said:

You have to unzip the zip files... 

Appreciate the assist - must be extra "thick" today.  I unzipped the Master and USN files into my OvGME directory

image.png

Then enabled the Logbook improvements via OvGME

image.png

All of Taz' mods work, but when I go into the Logbook, I see the original base one.  

Any other suggestions?  Maybe its time to RTFM on OvGME...

System Specs:

Spoiler

💻Processor:13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K - 🧠RAM: 64GB - 🎥Video Card: NVIDIA RTX 4090 - 🥽 Display: Pimax 8kx VR Headset - 🕹️Accessories:  VKB Gunfighter III MCG Ultimate, Thrustmaster TWCS (modified), Thrustmaster TPR Pedals, Simshaker JetPad, Predator HOTAS Mounts, 3D Printed Flight Button Box 

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

if you look in the Logbook improvements - master directory ... what is inside it? if thats another logbook improvements - master folder ... thats the one you want

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

image.png

Yeah - here's the content of the Logbook Improvements - Master folder.  I unzipped the Master ZIP into this "Available Mods" folder for OvGME.

System Specs:

Spoiler

💻Processor:13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K - 🧠RAM: 64GB - 🎥Video Card: NVIDIA RTX 4090 - 🥽 Display: Pimax 8kx VR Headset - 🕹️Accessories:  VKB Gunfighter III MCG Ultimate, Thrustmaster TWCS (modified), Thrustmaster TPR Pedals, Simshaker JetPad, Predator HOTAS Mounts, 3D Printed Flight Button Box 

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

Never used OvGME.

What I do is, manually placing the folders at their respective place (I can tell exactly which folders / sub-folders if needed).

I also only use the ones related to the US Navy mods.

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

Just now, Top Jockey said:

What I do is, manually placing the folders at their respective place (I can tell exactly which folders / sub-folders if needed).

I also only use the ones related to the US Navy mods.

About to go that route. 🤔

I just like the idea that the mod can be backed out at the click of a button (that's what OvGME does).  Its a nice convenience, but not 100% Must Have in this case.

System Specs:

Spoiler

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

9 minutes ago, Mistermann said:

About to go that route. 🤔

I just like the idea that the mod can be backed out at the click of a button (that's what OvGME does).  Its a nice convenience, but not 100% Must Have in this case.

I've tried just now the latest 2.5.66 Loogbook Improvement patch, and it works perfectly with the DCS World version: 2.5.6.61527 Open Beta...

Again: Thank you @Home Fries !

Edited by Top Jockey

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system

I'm on the Stable release.  Does that matter?  I manually installed and still no dice.  😡  

I have OB on this machine, so I may just see if I can install it there.

Edited by Mistermann

System Specs:

Spoiler

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

36 minutes ago, Mistermann said:

I'm on the Stable release.  Does that matter?  I manually installed and still no dice.  😡

I don't know, as I rarely use the stable version.

Logbook Improvements - USN

The only thing I can recommend is copy the " db_countries " file from the first sub-folder I post, to the one I placed after.

I'm using Windows 7, so this is an example. )

Backup the original " db_countries " file, just in case.

C:\Users\Pedro\Downloads\Logbook_Improvements_v2_5_66\Logbook Improvements - USN\Logbook Improvements - USN\Scripts\Database

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Scripts\Database

(In your case it can say differently as you're on Release version.)

Do the same for the:

Logbook Improvements - Master zip file, as this is the one who has the flags, insignias, awards, etc.

Edited by Top Jockey

Hangar
Mi-8 MTV2

system

Appreciate all the help.  Something's just not right here.  I have manually installed into the base game directories - even copied one directory at a time to ensure nothing was getting missed somehow.  I did this on the Stable branch and OB.  Neither worked.  

Something's jacked on my side for sure.  OB is 100% vanilla (no mods) except for this.

I'm sure its something simple/stupid on my end - it usually is.  😜

System Specs:

Spoiler

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

8 minutes ago, Mistermann said:

Appreciate all the help.  Something's just not right here.  I have manually installed into the base game directories - even copied one directory at a time to ensure nothing was getting missed somehow.  I did this on the Stable branch and OB.  Neither worked.  

Something's jacked on my side for sure.  OB is 100% vanilla (no mods) except for this.

I'm sure its something simple/stupid on my end - it usually is.  😜

By "directory" you mean the respective files, inside the sub-folders of Logbook Improvements - USN and Logbook Improvements - Master, right ?

Bear in mind that, you must download the latest patch / mod ( 2.5.66 ) from here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3301042/

Hangar
Mi-8 MTV2

system

I am an IDIOT!!!!

image.png

I stumbled on this thread last night and the first post has an image of the logbook.  I was expecting that experience instead of the current one and therefore assumed the mod wasn't working.  I am now placing myself into a timeout for the rest of the day.

image.png

Please don't revoke my posting privileges  😄  

Edited by Mistermann

System Specs:

Spoiler

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

doh there was part of me thinking exactly the same thing, but then going noooo it can't be that... that'll learn me

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero

Sorry for not responding sooner; my work schedule has been absolutely insane.

There are four zip files within the zip file you download from User Files.  Extract these zip files to your OvGME Mod folder.  OvGME will be able to read those zip files.

One of the zip files is the "master" file that contains all of the updated graphics.  Enable this.  The other three files are mutually exclusive, and you select which one you prefer (e.g. USN instead of USAF Adversary, USMC instead of USAF Adversary, or just the general update).  So you should choose exactly two mods (zip files) to enable this.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Did this stop working with 2.7?  🙄  

System Specs:

Spoiler

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

yep db_countries.lua became an encrypted file 

db_countries.lua - General Bugs - ED Forums (eagle.ru)

• Thanks 1

This mod is now working with the latest patch (2.7.0.4625)  🥳

• Like 1

System Specs:

Spoiler

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

3 minutes ago, speed-of-heat said:

Thanks @BIGNEWY & team!

I should have also added my thanks!  A sincere thanks for spearheading this on our behalf, @BIGNEWY.  ED, thanks for being willing to consider our desires and change the encryption on this table/file.

System Specs:

Spoiler

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...