Next aircraft speculation

Farlander

Well

The Japanese flag isn't saying anything per se, since IIRC, that flag is still in use with the JSDF.

However assuming that the pic they posted on facebook is the leading clue, along with the development of the A-G radar (even though it might be used in the loosest sense of the word), means it needs to be Japanese, and have A-G radar, which only leaves the Mitsubishi F-1 as a candidate.

Another potential thing of interest is that Japan Retired the F-1 in 2006, meaning that there prolly isn't a whole lot of classified avionics that can't be modelled.

Why would that pic carry more weight than numerous written statements? We've been given a lot of clues on what the other two are. But with the exception of that single pic, none of them suggest more than a single WW2 plane is coming. There are a lot of pics of WW2 stuff floating around, but that doesn't mean more than one flyable WW2 plane is coming. LNS has said they are trying to develop more complete modules instead of releasing planes in total isolation. So if one of the other two planes is an F4U (or F6F or P-38...), does it not make sense for them to build some AI planes to support/oppose it? Does it also not make sense to build ground and naval units too? In the context of the various statements made by LNS, the single pic to which you are referring suggests F4U vs IJN, not F4U + A6M (or any other plane).

It's also worth noting that many Soviet planes of the 1970's share a lot of the systems and instruments as the MiG-21Bis. I looked up Su-24 cockpit images, about half the stuff in there looks like it was pulled straight from our MiG-21 pit. The MiG-23 is even closer, though it lacks A-G radar.

Because none of these statements in any way suggest the things you guys are throwing out there like Harriers and F-16s. And why build an AI opponent, what would be the point of that? People were complaining when F-86 and P-51 only had AI opponents before those opponents were made flyable. Why make an AI opponent to sell one plane when you can make a flyable opponent at the same time and sell two. I can understand why it happened to BST (they weren't planning a MiG-15 initially) and ED (they got stuck with RRG's mess), but LN is not in that same situation. Putting that flag there as AI Japanese vs F4U does not make sense when they are developing three planes and show a teaser with three images. That wouldn't make sense to make a teaser image for your three upcoming products but instead just demonstrate only two of those products.

One of those turned out to be the Tomcat as people guessed, not to mention the heavy hinting by Cobra and Rudel that they were throwing out there which helped that guess along. Another image shows a US WWII cockpit (probably corsair) so that pretty much settled that. The same hinting that tipped us off to the Tomcat suggests a second WWII aircraft. When Rudel was doing his streaming people saw a DCS icon on his desktop that had a Japanese Raiden WWII fighter on it. Rudel is now sporting an avatar from an Anime on the creator of the Japanese Zero, who designed the Raiden (just as they were sporting avatars suggesting a Tomcat). That matches with the Japanese flag pic from the teaser and now you have your opponent to Corsair. Doesn't mean with 100% certainly that it will be a Raiden, but that is a lot more evidence than "OMG ground radar DCS F-16".

And Flagrum we are definitely reading that statement differently. Sure they would need to develop tech for a Tomcat that they didn't need for the MiG-21, even for the WWII aircraft. Cobra listed things as examples of items of complexity, doesn't mean everything he listed is being used in one of the three. Not to mention some people are throwing out aircraft guesses that don't even use A-G radar so that definitely doesn't make sense. Either one of the three uses A-G radar or none of the three do, why are people making a huge deal of the A-G radar comment but then suggesting aircraft that don't even use it?

I'm not trying to be mean here, I'm really not trying to pee in anyone's cereal and I apologize if my posts sound as such. But I think you guys are setting yourselves up for a big letdown. I think you're reading too much into that A-G radar comment. Maybe I'm wrong here, maybe one of them is using A-G radar. But I'm not going to hype myself up on little evidence and I think it's a bad idea for you guys to get hopes up on the things you are throwing out there. I guess we'll see in a month or two what happens.

• Like 1

"Hurled headlong flaming from the ethereal sky; With hideous ruin and combustion down;
To bottomless perdition, there to dwell; In adamantine chains and penal fire"

(RIG info is outdated, will update at some point) i5 @3.7GHz (OC to 4.1), 16GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 970 4GB, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder Mk.IV, Razer Blackshark Headset, Obutto Ozone

I think you're reading too much into that A-G radar comment.

And just to be pedantic, Cobra didn't say "Air to Ground radar"; he just said "Ground radar":

"Examples of complexity include e.g. Ground Radar, AI Systems, and more."

DCS: Early Warning Radar Installation, anyone? :P

I will love a late war F4U Corsair (4 blade prop, 20mm cannons) so we can fight the Soccer War against El Salvador Mustangs.

99205_zps1mfs1qcj.jpg

02_zps23d917b2.jpg

And French involvement in Vietnam.

6CP1000501rc_zpsa804d830.jpg

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

I think people need to seriously check their expectations. I have no idea where suggestions such as F-16, F-111, A-6 or Su-24 are comming from (other than wishful thinking). The F-14 is a very complex aircraft, yet LNS plans to complete it in just 10 months. They also want to release two aircraft even before that. It should be obvious that those two aircraft have to be extremely simple designs.

I don't think anyone here is seriously expecting these aircraft as such, it's just a guessing game to pass the time until we get our hands on whatever wonders Leatherneck provide us with.

I personally will buy pretty much anything with wings (or rotors for that matter) that they make given the quality of the MiG-21.

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The F-14 is a very complex aircraft, yet LNS plans to complete it in just 10 months. They also want to release two aircraft even before that. It should be obvious that those two aircraft have to be extremely simple designs.

How do you know they didn't start development on the other two earlier?

Its AT-802 with all its variants IIRC

http://www.802u.com/sites/default/files/AT-802U_Brochure_07_10.pdf

Edited by WildBillKelsoe

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

I think people need to seriously check their expectations. I have no idea where suggestions such as F-16, F-111, A-6 or Su-24 are comming from (other than wishful thinking). The F-14 is a very complex aircraft, yet LNS plans to complete it in just 10 months. They also want to release two aircraft even before that. It should be obvious that those two aircraft have to be extremely simple designs.

They very likely started these 3 projects last summer, I don't think they are making the F-14 in just 10 months, more like 1.5 years. That's longer than it took them to make the MiG-21 (ignoring all the restarts) and that's with adding a few new people to their team. From a flight model standpoint, I don't think there is a complexity difference between a prop and a jet. The only difference is in the systems that have to be modeled. The reason I think a Su-24 is a likely possibility is due to the numerous statements they've made and that it recycles many of the systems used by the MiG-21.

If your thoughts on ground radar are correct (bearing in mind we already have EWR), then something like a Su-15, Su-17 or MiG-23/27 seem very likely. They reuse many of the MiG-21's systems and are all relatively simple systems wise. It would be a lot easier to make a flyable MiG-23/27 (ground attack model) than a flyable A6M I suspect.

From a flight model standpoint, I don't think there is a complexity difference between a prop and a jet. The only difference is in the systems that have to be modeled.

Exactly, and the Su-24 has the most complex nav-attack systems of every aircraft built by the Soviet Union.

I will just make it simple for all the developers as to what we want as the next aircraft just make this book and all will be happy lol keep up the good work Leatherneck. JAWA.jpg:pilotfly:

<S>

Raptor_77th 

SPECS: ASUS Z370 ROG Maximus X HERO, INTEL CORE i7 8700K,GeForce RTX 3080Ti , Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB DDR4, Samsung PRO M.2 512GB SSD, Samsung PRO M.2 1TB SSD, Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit.

COCKPIT: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog & TPR rudder pedals, Logitech G502, Corsair Strafe RGB,  Track IR, Triple ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q 27" G-SYNC Gaming Monitor, Ember Bluetooth heated coffee mug. :joystick: :pilotfly:

I will just make it simple for all the developers as to what we want as the next aircraft just make this book and all will be happy lol keep up the good work Leatherneck. :pilotfly:

That book is nice and all but it leaves out a lot of content. I would recommend this book instead:

http://www.amazon.com/The-Complete-Encyclopedia-World-Aircraft/dp/0760705925

Plus it is way less expensive:thumbup:

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

That book is nice and all but it leaves out a lot of content. I would recommend this book instead:

http://www.amazon.com/The-Complete-Encyclopedia-World-Aircraft/dp/0760705925

Plus it is way less expensive:thumbup:

And out of date too :music_whistling:

Just as inexpensive... http://www.amazon.com/The-Complete-Encyclopedia-World-Aircraft/dp/0760734321/ref=pd_sim_b_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=1TAE7SMQCW8YRHA3HTT3

:thumbup:

Sons of Dogs, Come Eat Flesh

Clan Cameron

Lol... I didn't even notice. The one I have is the 2002 edition.:thumbup:

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

"Currently we hope to complete development and enter BETA testing on the first version of the F-14 by the end of 2015. Subject to significant change."

Important parts bolded.

I'm pretty confident in making this estimate, otherwise I wouldn't have written it. That said, the wording is careful for a reason. The F-14, especially our take on it, is an incredibly complex and massive project.

I don't want to fill that special place in hell reserved for bad renditions of the Cat.

Regardless, we have two aircraft slated for release this year, of which one is modern.

Both are significantly further along.

One is modern! That is great news!

F-16 confirmed? :lol:

According to Wikipedia "the modern era began approximately in the 16th century" so that doesn't narrow it down much for the modern aircraft. OTOH, the pre-modern one has to be DCS: X-wing. Long time ago in a far away galaxy, eh? ;)

I believe one of the left two is Mitsubishi A6M Zero. Just look at Rudel's avatar which is Jiro Horikoshi from animation 'The Wind Rises' directed by Hayao Miyazaki.

attachment.php?attachmentid=114733&stc=1&d=1426104222

1.jpg.4683d2f08f2f01c0b904955dcd870e9c.jpg

Edited by uboats

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

Regardless, we have two aircraft [in addition to the Tomcat] slated for release this year, of which one is modern.

Another modern aircraft this year before the Tomcat, possibly with air-ground radar, possibly with a Duck nickname. I am completely lost :)