Suggestion Box

EvilBivol-1

Hey, i think that big round yellow "mark forum as read" button is in a position where it is clicked to easily by mistake. Happend to me already and an entire forum subsection was marked as read. Could you move this somewhere else? This is so close and similar to the location where one usually clicks on "jump to last read post" of a thread. Maybe move it to the opposite side, i.e. somewhere on the right pane of the forum.

Edited by sc_neo

5 hours ago, sc_neo said:

Hey, i think that big round yellow "mark forum as read" button is in a position where it is clicked to easily by mistake.

Had the very same thought. This button ("mark forum as read") need not be as prominent (if needed at all), I never felt a need for it, wouldn't know where to find it on the old board. Also, still want a go-to-last-post button as I posted earlier (annoying to have to scroll all the way down after clicking "last page") :

* Add go-to-last-post button

Again using (an image of) a private vBulletin board board as an example. Circled blue button left = go-to-first-unread. Circled blue button right = go-to-last-post (regardless read or unread). Note, zoomed in view. I like the blue because it's the "link-color".

PDkrjM4.png

Leftmost symbol (that I'm not insisting on emulating even if it's good) works as follows: green-mark = I posted in that thread, white-background = nothing unread (also noted by absence of left blue button), blue-background = unread posts (also noted by presence of left blue button).

* Make sticky's stand out by different background.

Here light yellow. Again, my favorite vBulletin board. Note go-to-last-post and go-to-first-unread buttons still red circled. Note, normal (100%), not zoomed in view.

kzqfAPC.png

Edited by -0303-

Intel Core i7 3630QM @ 2.40GHz (Max Turbo Frequency 3.40 GHz) | 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz | 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 635M | 447GB KINGSTON SA400S37480G (SATA-2 (SSD))

• ED Team
On 12/18/2020 at 6:24 PM, -0303- said:

Had the very same thought. This button ("mark forum as read") need not be as prominent (if needed at all), I never felt a need for it, wouldn't know where to find it on the old board. Also, still want a go-to-last-post button as I posted earlier (annoying to have to scroll all the way down after clicking "last page") :

* Add go-to-last-post button

Again using (an image of) a private vBulletin board board as an example. Circled blue button left = go-to-first-unread. Circled blue button right = go-to-last-post (regardless read or unread). Note, zoomed in view. I like the blue because it's the "link-color".

PDkrjM4.png

Leftmost symbol (that I'm not insisting on emulating even if it's good) works as follows: green-mark = I posted in that thread, white-background = nothing unread (also noted by absence of left blue button), blue-background = unread posts (also noted by presence of left blue button).

Clicking on topic title will lead you directly to the last post. This behavior can be changed in your individual forum settings.

On 12/18/2020 at 6:24 PM, -0303- said:

* Make sticky's stand out by different background.

Here light yellow. Again, my favorite vBulletin board. Note go-to-last-post and go-to-first-unread buttons still red circled. Note, normal (100%), not zoomed in view.

kzqfAPC.png

We will consider this.

• Like 1

image_259187.png.12ec9a78d99caec431e08ab83fd4ee4d.png

I was suggesting have a waypoint system upload.  That in the F10 map you can map out your waypoints and save it that can be uploaded to any plane you choose.  So if you died, you can just re upload it.

Also suggesting templates in the mission editor.  Like fighters, bombers, SAMS etc.  I can select the map, how many fighters I want and they can spawn at different times.  

I tend to browse new content by checking using the "All Activity".

As you'd expect, I get ALL new content.

Is there a way for me to set a language option such that I only see new content for my own language?

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

• ED Team
22 minutes ago, Mr_sukebe said:

I tend to browse new content by checking using the "All Activity".

As you'd expect, I get ALL new content.

Is there a way for me to set a language option such that I only see new content for my own language?

Yes. You can create your own activity stream and choose forums and categories with your language.

54 minutes ago, Moki said:

I was suggesting have a waypoint system upload.  That in the F10 map you can map out your waypoints and save it that can be uploaded to any plane you choose.  So if you died, you can just re upload it.

Also suggesting templates in the mission editor.  Like fighters, bombers, SAMS etc.  I can select the map, how many fighters I want and they can spawn at different times.  

Please create this feature request in the appropriate forum.

Const> thanks, I'll go take a look tomorrow.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

1 hour ago, const said:

Yes. You can create your own activity stream and choose forums and categories with your language.

Please create this feature request in the appropriate forum.

What forum is that?  I thought this was the suggestion one?

• NineLine unpinned this topic
  • 1 month later...

Not sure if this is mentioned anywhere, but a Got to Top button on the lower right side in the forums it would go a long way when we have pages that "spread for miles".

Edited by Andreas - VF-14 Napa
  • Like 1

Intel i7 12700k / Corsair H150i Elite Capellix / Asus TUF Z690 Wifi D4 / Corsair Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz / Corsair HW1000W / 1x Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus 500Gb + 1 Corsair MP600 1TB / ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC V2 / Fractal Design Meshify 2 / HOTAS Warthog / TFRP Rudder / TrackIR 5 / Dell U2515h 25" Monitor 1440p

On 2/5/2021 at 2:59 AM, Andreas - VF-14 Napa said:

Not sure if this is mentioned anywhere, but a Got to Top button on the lower right side in the forums it would go a long way when we have pages that "spread for miles".

Yes, that is a fair suggestion.   

For now I use the built in  Chrome Browser keyboard commands like: Ctrl + Home  and  Ctrl + End to quickly go to the top or bottom of a long page. 

• Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

15 hours ago, YSIAD_RIP said:

Yes, that is a fair suggestion.   

For now I use the built in  Chrome Browser keyboard commands like: Ctrl + Home  and  Ctrl + End to quickly go to the top or bottom of a long page. 

Yeah, but you can't do that on mobile though, which is one of the reasons they've upgraded to a newer forum engine.

Intel i7 12700k / Corsair H150i Elite Capellix / Asus TUF Z690 Wifi D4 / Corsair Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz / Corsair HW1000W / 1x Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus 500Gb + 1 Corsair MP600 1TB / ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC V2 / Fractal Design Meshify 2 / HOTAS Warthog / TFRP Rudder / TrackIR 5 / Dell U2515h 25" Monitor 1440p

• 2 weeks later...

Ping "const".

Posted a "I've decided to go crazy with forum tags (tagging)" a while ago.

For "search by tag". Can you make existing tags suggests themselves while typing? This already happens when adding additional tags to a new (or existing) topic thread. So the functionality might already exist, just needing to be activated.

Now, unless I miss something, one has to make a guess that a tag exists and spell it exactly to be able to search for it.

Another useful functionality would be a window listing all tags (and incidence preferably).

Intel Core i7 3630QM @ 2.40GHz (Max Turbo Frequency 3.40 GHz) | 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz | 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 635M | 447GB KINGSTON SA400S37480G (SATA-2 (SSD))

• ED Team
On 2/23/2021 at 11:08 AM, -0303- said:

Ping "const".

Posted a "I've decided to go crazy with forum tags (tagging)" a while ago.

For "search by tag". Can you make existing tags suggests themselves while typing? This already happens when adding additional tags to a new (or existing) topic thread. So the functionality might already exist, just needing to be activated.

Now, unless I miss something, one has to make a guess that a tag exists and spell it exactly to be able to search for it.

Another useful functionality would be a window listing all tags (and incidence preferably).

Unfortunately, this functionality is not supported in IPS core, this question has been asked on IPS support forums already.