Invitation to JTAC training

NECK

The 132nd Virtual Wing will during the next week hold a JTAC course for interested participants in the DCS community.

The JTAC course consist of a theory lesson of about 1 hour, followed by 2 practical events where the theory is put into practical application. The course will be supported by 132nd Virtual Wing pilots and AWACS controllers.

The aim of the course is to increase the understanding of CAS and the JTAC roles and responsibilities to the DCS community. Once the course is complete, participants are also welcomed and encouraged to attend 132nd on both trainings and combat events.

The theoretical part of the course will cover the CAS basics, the CAS flow, how to operate as a JTAC using Combined Arms. In order to get maximum out of this training, participants should expect to read up, using the 132nd CAS manual prior to the theory lesson.

The practical part of the course will include attacks using Type 1, Type 2 and Type 3 controls. Working with multiple air assets, including helicopters and fixed wing aircrafts.

The course will be instructed by personnel with real world knowledge as JTAC.

Prerequsites for the training:

- DCS: Combined Arms

- UniversRadio

CAS Examples videos:

CAS training:

Advanced CAS training:

CAS training - No TGP:

CAS in night mission:

If you are interested in attending a JTAC course, please let me know either via PM or answer in this thread.

For more information about the 132nd Virtual Wing:

ED Forum: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=130892

Edited by NECK
  • Like 2

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes

turned skyward for there you have been, and there you will always long to return"

Neck.png

132nd Public documents - Want to apply? - 132nd Youtube channel - 132nd Discord Channel

I would also like to join. This wouldn't be on NTTR by chance would it? I only have 2.0.

Callsign: "Milkman"

I7-8700k@4.8--Corsair H115i pro--EVGA FTW3 1080ti--GB Aorus Z370--256GB M.2 SSD--16GB ram--Win10--1000wGold Rate PSU--CV1 Rift--TIR5--X55 HOTAS--TM pedals--TM MFDs--Custom UFC

@Doughboy: With regard to date/time, I am flexible, however I am in the European timezone. And we normally host our events Wednesdays and Sundays at 1800Z. But I can be availeble outside those timings pending in your schedule.

@colyoap: I am sorry that my first post did not state that. The training will be hosted in DCS 1.5.6 (latest official release) only.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes

turned skyward for there you have been, and there you will always long to return"

Neck.png

132nd Public documents - Want to apply? - 132nd Youtube channel - 132nd Discord Channel

I would very much like to participate as well and my availability should coincide with Doughboy's.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

OK, will the theory lesson actually take place IN DCS or via TS or other chat platform? Even if I couldn't join in the application I would still benefit from the lesson.

Callsign: "Milkman"

I7-8700k@4.8--Corsair H115i pro--EVGA FTW3 1080ti--GB Aorus Z370--256GB M.2 SSD--16GB ram--Win10--1000wGold Rate PSU--CV1 Rift--TIR5--X55 HOTAS--TM pedals--TM MFDs--Custom UFC

For this week I'd be able to do Sunday at or after 2000Z that way Jack and I can both make it, without getting into silly EU vs US time differences.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Edited by Doughboy

Go Ugly Early!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

For this week I'd be able to do Sunday at or after 2000Z that way Jack and I can both make it, without getting into silly EU vs US time differences.

Copy that. We have a advanced training scheduled for 1800Z on Sunday. So either we need to do it on this event (which would be very good), or we need to postpone it.

Sounds great! Time permitting, count me in!

Wednesdays and Sundays at 18:00Z should be okay on my end.

Sounds good! Are you available this Sunday at 1800Z? (If you are available at 1700Z we could do the theory part first, and then attend the advanced training, where we could focus on JTAC/CAS).

OK, will the theory lesson actually take place IN DCS or via TS or other chat platform? Even if I couldn't join in the application I would still benefit from the lesson.

The theory lesson will take place on TS, so you are more than welcome to listen in on the theory.

I would be interested as well, to flesh out my knowledge in this regard. Question : I understand from your OP that this will be 1 theory lesson session, followed on different days by 2 events to put it in practice (3 separate days on the whole) ? I normally fly @1900Z, but could probably make 1800Z if needed.

Yes, 1 theory event plus 2 practical events. What I normally do is merge the theory and the first practical event. So do about 1 hour of theory, and then jump into DCS for the practical part.

Are you able to attend on Sunday at 1800Z (or 1700Z) together with Yurgon?

Neck.png

Sounds good! Are you available this Sunday at 1800Z? (If you are available at 1700Z we could do the theory part first, and then attend the advanced training, where we could focus on JTAC/CAS).

Yes, I'm all free this Sunday. :)

Need to get and install UniversRadio first, hoping there won't be any hickups.

(Unless you've been thinking about switching to SRS - in that case feel free to do so until then :D)

Do we need to register on your site in order to get access to the documents you talked about, or can you provide a direct link via PM?

Yes, I'm all free this Sunday. :)

Need to get and install UniversRadio first, hoping there won't be any hickups.

(Unless you've been thinking about switching to SRS - in that case feel free to do so until then :D)

Do we need to register on your site in order to get access to the documents you talked about, or can you provide a direct link via PM?

PM sent.

Neck.png

Can't make it at those times. Doughboy is going to take great notes for me.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

Copy that I'll be there!!!

Sounds good!

Sorry, I can't make it for 1700Z; 1800Z, possibly.

Copy that, I have sent you a PM with some more details.

Can't make it at those times. Doughboy is going to take great notes for me.

No problem at all. That is the challenge with big differences in timezones.

Neck.png

A quick note for folks planning on installing UniversRadio that are already running SRS:

At the 355th we've experienced compatibility issues with having both plug-ins present in your export.lua. To potentially save you some troubleshooting, Yurgon:

Navigate to your export.lua (located in saved games/DCS/scripts) and copy it to another directory. Name it SRSexport.lua.

In the original export.lua, look for this line of code:

local dcsSr=require('lfs');dofile(dcsSr.writedir()..[[scripts\DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua]])

Delete or comment out this line of code to prevent DCS from calling the SimpleRadioStandalone.lua.

Once this is done, install UniversRadio (remember to right click and run the installer as admin)

UR should add the following line of code to your export.lua:

dofile ( lfs.writedir()..'Scripts\\Tacnoworld_UR_DCSW.luac' )

Now you have two export.luas; one which will call SRS and one which will call UR; just swap them into your saved games directory depending on which you prefer to use. Both should retain any other settings for exporting to Helios/TacView etc.

Good luck! :)

• Like 1

PM sent.

Thanks! Wow, that's a lot to digest, but I'll do my best to be well prepared for the theory lesson and the practical part. :thumbup:

Edit:

A quick note for folks planning on installing UniversRadio that are already running SRS: [...]

Cool, thanks for the heads-up! I'm sure that'll save me some worries. :thumbup:

Edited by Yurgon

And another seriously intense training! Once again thanks so much to all of you guys, that was an amazing experience! :thumbup:

I probably won't be signing up for combat missions just yet, but expect to hear from me on training missions. :)