Aircraft rolls to the left?

nick10

Rudder Trim ?

Set to the right a bit to counteract prop torque.

OS:Win10 Home CPU:i7 3770K 3.5(@4.3GHz) COOLER:ZalmanCNPS10X-PERFORMA MOBO:GigabyteGA-Z77X-UD5H SSD#1:SamsungEVO850Pro 500GB SSD#2:SanDisk240GB HDD:2x Seagate2TB GFX:GigabyteGTX670 WF3 2GB OC1058MHz RAM:16GB 16000MHz DDR3 KEYB'Ds:Corsair K95/MS SidewinderX4 MOUSE:LogitechG700s MON:2x ASUS 24” ROUTER:ASUS RT-N66U DarkKnight INTERWEBS:Fibre152Mbps/12Mbps JOYSTICK:TM T16000m Modded THROTTLE:TM TWCS HEADTRACK:TrackIR5Pro

IThe spit has a lot of torque. For instance, on takeoff you better apply a bit of right aileron to counteract it, and as kozmyk wrote, you'll have to trim the aircraft in flight.

There is no aileron trim, and yes I've found that with the slip indicator centered, the Spit tends to bank slowly left, due to the torque of the engine (as expected). You can stop it applying a bit mor of right rudder trim.

The torque is VERY noticeable on slow speed and high power settings. Be smooth with your throttle inputs.

On prop airplanes with powerful engines, not applying sudden burst of power at low speeds is very important, both in the Sim and IRL. It is dangerous, and there has been a lot of accidents caused by it.

Anyway, check your controller input. Go to the axis configuration> Axis tune and look for spikes when moving the joystick

Edited by harm_

Rudder trim is quite sensitive, only a click will make a huge difference. You have to use it, definitely, just be careful on the amount and how quickly you apply as it can make the Spit unflyable .

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice