Question: Duplicate Carrier to make new one possible ?

You can certainly create new textures for the carriers and save them as liveries in the Saved Games folder. It's been done for the Stennis.

As for adding them to another country, I'm not sure how it's done, I've never done it, but at least they're available for Redfor under the USAF Aggressors "country".

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

You can certainly create new textures for the carriers and save them as liveries in the Saved Games folder. It's been done for the Stennis.

As for adding them to another country, I'm not sure how it's done, I've never done it, but at least they're available for Redfor under the USAF Aggressors "country".

I have tried to do that actually.....but I don't seem to be able to find the correct folder name for the carrier.

I want to add a carrier that sails under the UK flag and rename it HMS "Insert a fancy name here" :music_whistling:

You can't add it to another country without breaking something.

The files are here >..\CoreMods\tech\USS_Nimitz\Database

USS_CVN71/2/3

at the end on line 408 +/- there's

GT.Countries		= {"USA"};

comment out that line

--GT.Countries		= {"USA"};

and it should be available to all countries.

Livery folder name is

CVN_73

you can find it on line 382 +/-

GT.Name = "CVN_73"

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Well I managed to add another Arleigh into the game under the name I wanted for test purposes, for the life of me I wasn't able to change the country, I found those country codes long ago thanks Joey, but last time I tried editing them the game just crashed (the protection stuff), trying to create a duplicate of just those LUA's in Mods "just" so I could edit the country code did the same thing.....

I cannot create a livery option for any of the carriers it seems, maybe I have the wrong folder name atm tho, in my livery folder example I was using folder name CVN_71

Thanks Joey.....I think I have exhausted all options now regarding trying to do something with the Carrier sadly.

You can't add it to another country without breaking something.

The files are here >..\CoreMods\tech\USS_Nimitz\Database

USS_CVN71/2/3

at the end on line 408 +/- there's

GT.Countries		= {"USA"};

comment out that line

--GT.Countries		= {"USA"};

and it should be available to all countries.

Livery folder name is

CVN_73

you can find it on line 382 +/-

GT.Name = "CVN_73"

FGS

Spent hours trying to find a way to do this without editing core mods ......due to previous protection. I thought I would just give it another go having seen your post and "optimism" for it working (as it should have), now it works perfectly thanks......guess I can edit that one thing now , so if any devs reading this thanks for that as well.