Mirage changes, requested by the AdA

=DECOY=

As you know we work closely with the AdA to provide a true representation of the M-2000C

Due to this relationship a few changes have been made following a request from the AdA. These changes will be introduced in the next few updates (except *4, this will be a little longer)

We will of course keep you updated on release via the change logs, the forum and our Facebook page.

Here are the changes:

-- Operational Changes --

1. Radar HOTAS Buttons/Switches

The following Radar HOTAS buttons/Switches have changed functionality:

* "TDC CENTER" - It is now "TDC DEPRESS (Lock Target)". Its unique function is to lock AA targets.

The radar now has a default lock mode. This means that you can lock an AA target as TWS or directly to STT.

* "STT/TWS Toggle (Target Lock)" -

It is now "STT/TWS Toggle". It no longer locks an AA target, that function is carried out by "TDC DEPRESS (Target Lock)"

Its functionality has changed as follows:

- With a locked AA target: toggles between STT/TWS tracking modes (same as before).

- With the radar on SCAN and no locked AA target, it selects the default lock mode for AA targets: STT or TWS.

The default lock mode can be overridden by the toggle switch but upon target unlock will go back to its default.

2. Guns and rockets default firing mode:

* Guns: The default firing mode for the guns in either AA or CAS mode is TOT (keeps firing as long as you keep pressing the trigger) and RAP (high rate of fire). Modes can be changed using the PCA/PPA switches from TOT to PAR (burst mode) and RAP to LEN (slow rate of fire). These firing modes are active for as long as the guns are the active weapon. If the guns are deselected and then select again, the firing mode reverts to its default: TOT and RAP.

* Rockets: The default firing mode is PAR (salvo). The mode can be changed to TOT (continuous fire) using the PPA button. The firing mode resets to its PAR value when the rockets are deselected.

3. Bomb release quantity, interval and order.

* Release quantity now increments by one, from 0 to 18 and the cycles back to 0. If the bomb release quantity read 00 no bomb will be released.

* Release interval is now limited to 28 (280 meters) and it cycles back to 0.

* Release order for bombs is as follows: wing loads first, then wing root loads and finally center loads.

4. S530D Salvo mode is disabled. (To Follow in the coming months, awaiting more details)

* Salvo Mode does not exist in the M-2000C. This mode was selected by switching the PPA switch between TOT and PAR.

5. Default switches position when starting in the air:

* Radar Altimeter is active (Switches in M and H respectively).

* Radar is on EM mode.

* DDM is OFF (if it is mounted).

6. DDM (IR Missile detector) is now unmounted and OFF by default.

7. FBW "too slow" sound logic updated

8. AP "Gong" Sound logic updated.

9. AP Roll limit updated.

10. AP Track Index behaviour fixed.

-- Display Changes

1. S530D SVI Brackets have been deleted. They do not exist in the M-2000C

2. S530D G and D are now circled all the time. They indicate that the missile seeker head is locked on the target.

3. Radar TDC is now available in SIL and EM modes.

4. TWS/STT (PID/PIC) lock mode legend is now visible at all times in both SIL and EM modes.It indicates the radar default lock mode (with no locked target) or the current target lock mode.

5. CCRP Target cross "+" has been deleted. This is a M-2000D feature only."

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

Thanks for the update .. I will add it to my notes on the Mirage, as I'm not flying it at the moment, but intend to return to it by mid-year :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Nice to hear that the collaboration with AdA brings some enhancements for us into DCS as well.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Untitled.jpg

:thumbup:

Asus Prime Z-370-A

Intel core I7-8700K 3.70Ghz

Ram g.skill f4-3200c16d 32gb

Evga rtx 2070

Ssd samgung 960 evo m.2 500gb

Syria, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Normandy 1944

Combined Arms

A-10C, Mirage-2000C, F-16C, FC3

Spitfire LF Mk. IX

UH-1H, Gazelle

It's really great to see how the AdA contribution is helping to make the DCS M2000 a more realistic module. Love it! :thumbup:

Now if only the things would work as they're supposed to then it would be a really great module!

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Thank a lot, and about INS offset bomb wrong there are new ?

Mirage my prefert fighter.

cpu:I7-6700k Z170 16GB Ram DDR4 Gtx 1080 8Gb DDR5 11GBs SSD 500 Gb 2 HDD 1Tb Evga supernova G2 850w Case Bequiet series 800 Silent base Win 10 pro 64 bit

My wishlist: F-35/B-17G/F4U Corsair/Yak-3/P-40B Tomahawk

Also, if the TDC button will lock the contact, which button should we use for the Magic Uncage?

Magic use doesn't change.

You already have Magic slave button and Magic unlock button. Both are working.

Some things are improved, some recent bugs are fixed, but not everything was wrong :smilewink:

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Magic use doesn't change.

You already have Magic slave button and Magic unlock button. Both are working.

Some things are improved, some recent bugs are fixed, but not everything was wrong :smilewink:

I wasn't complaining or anything, just asking! I know that the Magic slave and Magic unlock are working :) I'm just concerned for my HOTAS profile.

As of now, in my Warthog profile, I have the AA Designate / TWS/STT switch on H2 UP (Stick), Magic Unlock on H2 Down (Stick) and Magic Slave / Ground Designate on TDC Press (Throttle). With this updates, I need a new button because:

- H2 Up won't A/A Designate anymore, only switch TWS/STT

- A/A Designate is moved to TDC press, so TDC press won't Magic Unlock / AG Designate anymore

So now I need another button for Magic Unlock / AG Designate. Also, this is something I'm just reasoning about, I may be wrong, but I'm afraid I have to rethink the layout.

Yes, probably. You may start over from the real layout detailed in the manual.

What you really need is to add TWS/ STT toggle. :smilewink:

With Warthog you should have plenty of buttons to replicate Mirage 2000C HOTAS which has less buttons.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Yes, probably. You may start over from the real layout detailed in the manual.

What you really need is to add TWS/ STT toggle. :smilewink:

With Warthog you should have plenty of buttons to replicate Mirage 2000C HOTAS which has less buttons.

I already have an idea on how this could work. Of course I'll have to wait for the module to test it. For anyone interested, and using Home Fries CTS Profile, my idea is here

Since we're here, am I missing some other input changes? It doesn't look like, but I'd rather be sure.

Edited by Lorthirk

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, thank you Razbam for giving this bird some attention, glad to see that it still gets improved with inputs straight from the Armée de l'Air.

I have a question regarding the "too slow" sound logic. I've had access to a Mirage 2000N flight controls manual, and in that manual the logic of this sound is explained. IIRC it activates when you reach the elastic stop of the stick and is active from the elastic stop through the mecanical stop. Before, no matter if you had set the plane to override your elastic stop or not, the too slow sound would only activate when you reached the full displacement of your physical stick. Now if you're not set to override the elastic stop, the sound doesn't activate when you reach it, and if you're set to override it, it doesn't activate when you get past the elastic stop, it only activates when you reach the mechanical stop unlike what's described in the manual. Also the stick animation in the cockpit doesn't change if you reach the mecanical stop vs when you only reach the elastic stop while it should move an extra few ° when you get further than the elastic stop.

Speak for yourself. Why would we not care about recent changes? There are pressing bugs and issues to fix, but the Ada feedback with updates is paramount to get the module as close to it's real life counterpart as possible.

+1