Hard coded minimum tempreature of 10°C and no snow

ultrablue2258

Hey there,

Not sure if this is a bug or something still to be completed so could an admin please move it the correct place if I didn't already have it there.

Currently, you can't set the Normany Map to anywhere below 10°C which is really disappointing as it's a European map without snow. I have looked through the files and ME options but you can't drop it any lower than that. Love to know if this is still in the works or not intended, if it's the latter that is really disappointing.

Not a bug per se. The map was confirmed already at the release to be designed for spring-to-autumn ops only and winter scenery textures were never supposed to be included.

I guess plans can change, but given the fact how long it took Ugra Media to give the map a final touch, plus their work on other maps already happening, I wouldn't hold my breath for any changes in this regard.

We know ED itself works on some yet-to-be announced WWII map though, so maybe you'll find snow there.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Not a bug per se. The map was confirmed already at the release to be designed for spring-to-autumn ops only and winter scenery textures were never supposed to be included.

I guess plans can change, but given the fact how long it took Ugra Media to give the map a final touch, plus their work on other maps already happening, I wouldn't hold my breath for any changes in this regard.

We know ED itself works on some yet-to-be announced WWII map though, so maybe you'll find snow there.

Wait so they sold a map for full price when you can only use it for 1/2 the year is what I'm hearing?

Even if there is no snow, it can very well get below 10°C (and even under 0°C!). This artificial limitation is not only a problem in Normandy, but on all maps.

Everybody said: "That's impossible!" Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.

Flying the A-10C for the 107th Joint Aviation Squadron

Developing and creating missions for Through The Inferno

Join the TTI Discord

Wait so they sold a map for full price when you can only use it for 1/2 the year is what I'm hearing?

Uhm, you are aware that the year has 4 seasons and Spring-Autumn means that there are 3 of 4 seasons implemented, which means 3/4 or 75% according to my math...

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I apologise for not having a thorough knowledge of seasons, we have 2 here. Wet and Dry.

Sorry, I didn't notice your location. It all makes sense now :D

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Currently, you can't set the Normandy Map to anywhere below 10°C which is really disappointing as it's a European map without snow.

You can go down to 5°C on that map, You have to change the month to around MARCH -> MAY, but as stated you will not get snow textures.

It is strange that you can't get temps down to 0°C or even colder, their winter is roughly NOV - MARCH with JANUARY being the coldest month (sourced from real weather data).

So having coldest possible temp for the spring (MARCH -> MAY) seems to be off.

Regards, Ian.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.