Navy Equipment

For the Framerate drop Cobra made a fix.

@Highwayman-Ed have you placed the as Planes? That was a problem with arguments.

Cobra made also a fix

Version 1.1.2

Edited by BlackLibrary

Need Help. DCS not Recognizing USN Equip Mod.

Running up to date and current version of DCS 2.5 Open Beta.

Installed US Navy Equipment mod into Saved Games\DCS\Mods\tech as instructed. Can't see of use the static objects contained in this mod in the Mission Editor. I also tried installing it in the base game Mods\tech folder and had the same problem.

I have installed other mods into Saved Games\DCS\Mods\tech and have no problem seeing and using the mods in the Mission Editor.

Any ideas? Does the US Navy Equipment mod only work in the non-beta version of DCS 2.5? I can't seem to figure out what is preventing me from using this mod in 2.5 beta.

Any and all help is appreciated.

Strangely enough, I re-downloaded the mod, re-installed it in Saved Games\DCS\Mods\tech, and now it works. Thanks for the suggestion. All I can figure is that I somehow corrupted the version of the mod that I originally installed. Thanks again.

Are these two separate MODs, by different authors? It would be nice to have one Deck Equipment/Deck Crew/IFOLS MOD that a team could develop together to add a crash crane, firefighting apparatus and different crew postures.

We need wingtip spotters, Crouched Shooters, and proper LSOs (if the LSO platform ever got fixed). Of course all of this might be for fun if ED makes a proper Carrier with all items included in the main game files and editor.

JUICE

Edited by =JUICE=

"There are only two types of aircraft, Fighters and Targets." Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...
Running up to date and current version of DCS 2.5 Open Beta.

Installed US Navy Equipment mod into Saved Games\DCS\Mods\tech as instructed. Can't see of use the static objects contained in this mod in the Mission Editor. I also tried installing it in the base game Mods\tech folder and had the same problem.

I have installed other mods into Saved Games\DCS\Mods\tech and have no problem seeing and using the mods in the Mission Editor.

Any ideas? Does the US Navy Equipment mod only work in the non-beta version of DCS 2.5? I can't seem to figure out what is preventing me from using this mod in 2.5 beta.

Any and all help is appreciated.

Same Problem here. :helpsmilie:

i5-2500 CPU @3.30GHz, Asus P8Q67-M, ZOTAC GTX 1070 8GB 1920x1080, 16GB DDR3, Win10 64, TIR 4, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Simped Ruderpedale :joystick:

Can you show me you exact install path?

C:\Users\myName\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\tech

on 2.5.4.29167 (Stable) no prblems. Runs perfect.

on 2.5.4.30386 (OpenBeta) no way.

I have no idea :dunno: :helpsmilie:

i5-2500 CPU @3.30GHz, Asus P8Q67-M, ZOTAC GTX 1070 8GB 1920x1080, 16GB DDR3, Win10 64, TIR 4, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Simped Ruderpedale :joystick:

• 5 weeks later...

Since 2.5.5 update, as is the case with several other mods from what I've been reading, some of the Navy Equipment mods are not showing up in missions anymore.

System: IBP Snowblind, i7-9700k, Zotac RTX2080Ti, 32GB DDR4 , Samsung 970 Plus 1TB M.2 NVMe, WD 1TB, Oculus Rift CV1, TM Warthog HOTAS, TM T.Flight Pedals, TM MFD's, Buddyfox A10C UFC

Modules/Maps: F/A-18C, A10C, UH-1H, F-15, F5, P51, F14, Caucasus, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

I cant found any errors. What does not appear?

I have not tested every single item in the mod but I had the FCLP Box placed several times and they will not show now.

System: IBP Snowblind, i7-9700k, Zotac RTX2080Ti, 32GB DDR4 , Samsung 970 Plus 1TB M.2 NVMe, WD 1TB, Oculus Rift CV1, TM Warthog HOTAS, TM T.Flight Pedals, TM MFD's, Buddyfox A10C UFC

Modules/Maps: F/A-18C, A10C, UH-1H, F-15, F5, P51, F14, Caucasus, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

"main" is part of VPC Airfield Equipment. Are you talking about good mod ?

It seems that yes. I have no content VPC Airfield Equipment in the mod Navy Equipment.

=TMS=220=MadDog

i7-8700K 4.8GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1080 OC, Benq 2560x1440@60 32", VirPil Throttle&Stick

• 1 month later...

I have the IFOLS working but too Bright

The IFOLS seems to work but the lighting for it is too bright. I'm not VR so I suspect that for VR users it' impossible to see any fine definition. For me, I can just barely see definition at about 1/4 mile... At 3/4 of a mile the meatball is too dim compared to the surrounding datum lights. Then at 1/2 to 1/4 mile it appears that all lights including Meatball and Datum are too bright... It's possible that if the Datum lights were turned down a bit that the Meatball would have greater definition... The Stennis meatball is the best I've seen so far. Using it as a model for brightness levels would seem a good way forward. There also seems to be a range function involved... The meatball doesn't seem to be visible beyond a certain distance... possibly 1nm to 3/4 of a mile. Also, the lights cut out all together just before touchdown...

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

new version: 1.2

supports 2.5.6 (now placeable on carrier)

+ WIP Test version of GTR-18 "smokey SAM" (Model by thesystem)

@Nealius open the iflols_mk14_Meatball.lods in "shapes" folder with an text editor and change this line:

{"iflols_mk14.edm",100.0}; (the 100 stand for meters, make it lower to see the lights longer)

Edited by BlackLibrary

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...