New GME software

sedenion

2) the decentralised way:

- Moders (must) have their own web server, or at least, a shared space with, for example, a formatted text in any URL which can be parsed by OvGME.

- The user choose to subscribe on the moders's server he want by adding the proper url in OvGME

- OvGME check all url, parse data, and give some "need update", and maybe (depending many things) a download

Decentralized way is the best. Multiple repositories list would be good. even with FTP support.

User could insert their own repositories addresses in some list inside the app and eventually as the hings evolve some will become "master" some will be just secondary/squad/personal/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Decentralized way is the best. Multiple repositories list would be good. even with FTP support.

User could insert their own repositories addresses in some list inside the app and eventually as the hings evolve some will become "master" some will be just secondary/squad/personal/

I will opt for HTTP... the FTP protocol require user/password request in client side (HTTP dialogs are boring enough to parse at low level, FTP would be hell), and / or a special anonymous account configuration in server side, and while most people know how to put some file in their website to be accessed via http, the configuration of an ftp server with anonymous account is more for "power users".

So, the HTTP is easier for everybody....

I am currently playing with sockets and http request/response... this is instersting but spaghetti code as hell...

Edited by sedenion

Whatever is easier for you sedenion, I'm glad you take the request! :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Whatever is easier for you sedenion, I'm glad you take the request! :thumbup:

I take the request, but this is far to be done, since network coding, to be well coded (asynchronously), need a lot threading with callbacks functions... getting a response from a server is easy... treating the response to be either a "file download" or simple "page download", all with proper "GUI dialogs" and progress bar without blocking the program... :

pb-090614-powerlines-9a.photoblog900-530x355.jpg

Edited by sedenion

As I am no programmer... I can only imagine :D .

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ok, i am at this stage:

- We can enter several repositories to OvGME as http URL (ex: http://www.prout.com/azerty/ )

- We can query all repos, on a query, OvGME:

-- for each repos adresse:

--- 1) check for an "ovgme.xml" file at the given repo adress ( http://www.prout.com/azerty/ovgme.xml )

--- 2) if found it, parse it.

The xml structure is very simple (for now), so it can be writen by an human (anyway an xml generator with GUI can be included later, this is easy to do):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<mod_list>
 <mod version="1.0.5" url="http://www.toto.org/prout/test.zip">Dummy Mod C v1.0.5</mod>
</mod_list>

So one or more "<mod>" can be added within the "<mod_list>"...

Ok, so, the repos can give this kind of data to OvGME from any website...The question is: What OvGME should do with this data as you see things ?

As you can understand, i introduced the "version" attribute and "url" attribute for update checking and download (not yet implemented)...

You also can understand that if we have a "version" in the repos, the "version" must exists in the local mod, so OvGME can compare version... this means: The moders must includ another file in his mod, kind of "manifest" with the current version... (this can be a simple version.txt with the version number)

Edited by sedenion

sedenion;

Just checked the new version. You are the man!!! You've saved me 20 gigs of space on my game SSD by allowing the mod folders to be on my HDD.

My hats off to you for your hard work.

You'r welcome, i hope you will like the snapshot feature... i think it's more clear than the JSGME version.

Slowly modders will start using OvGME then I think they will start delivering the mods as archives structured as OvGME can use with the manifest where they can also post information and copy rights. Then webpages with mods will start using them as made by modders without any other alteration (re-packing etc) and then I think from squad sites to big sites they will start hosting the manifests lists and they will become repositories. Then... it will be a matter of users choices until few sites will become main repositories.

Even DCS main site could have one list with manifests.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Very nice, this has saved me 10GB of space (not needing separate mod folders for 2.0 & 1.54), and moving mod storage off to a totally separate drive excellent features,

hope to see it improve further (something like a btsync or Synology cloud repository folder should work right now wouldn't it??) which would be awesome for having everyone on the same page for MP mods & skins etc....

Edited by Dingo_Bob

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Modules are like Pokemon you gotta catch 'em all :joystick::lol::pilotfly:

AMD Ryzen7 3700x, G-Skills 32Gb RAM @ 3200Mhz, MSI GTX1080Ti, TM Warthog (20cm extension by Sahaj), MFG Crosswind Pedals, Oculus Rift, Track Ir5

Very nice, this has saved me 10GB of space (not needing separate mod folders for 2.0 & 1.54), and moving mod storage off to a totally separate drive excellent features,

hope to see it improve further (something like a btsync or Synology cloud repository folder should work right now wouldn't it??) which would be awesome for having everyone on the same page for MP mods & skins etc....

I think you already can use btsync or Synology to synchronize mod folders with peers if you want... What i'm about to implement is far more simple and rustic than these high-end p2p/cloud softwares. My experience in network programming is about... 4 day :D

A video tutorial about installing and using OvGME would welcome. :)

I hope it helps... I didn't had the time (it was also late) to make it with a script and neither a software to edit it and make it "Mtv style" :) so it took me 9 minutes. :joystick:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks Zaelu for YT tutorial, of course first of all thank you sedenion and his effort to make OvGME. I wish the sound was a little louder, but when pushed to the maximum can be heard speaking.

For now, I'm not entirely clear with option "creating mod archive", but I hope that I will later find its purpose. THX again.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Everything is possible ...

For now, I'm not entirely clear with option "creating mod archive", but I hope that I will later find its purpose. THX again.

This is for moders, to create OvGME compliant archives... Os to say, this is a simple "zip tool" that create a zip file of given folder, properly named, with the description...

One detail: You can select several mods in the list (ike in any list, using Ctrl or Shift) to enable or disable all current selection, you are not limited to do a "one by one" enable or disable.

I added an annotation :thumbup:

T I wish the sound was a little louder, but when pushed to the maximum can be heard speaking.

I have in ear headphones and it seemed to me loud enough for me at that hour... during the day... it's different :)

The option to make an Archive Mod is just a feature of the program made by Sedenion that lets you create a mod inside an archive without using external archive managers or caring too much about how to construct it.

Edited by zaelu

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Tomorrow I will implement a feature to create a "repository file" (xml) to help users to test the feature and releasing the first "1.5 alpha" version of OvGME (yes, i jumped to the 1.5 due to many changes in code structure + new network features).

This is how that work for now:

Server side (Repository Manager)

The repository manager (either a moder or anyone who can host some file in a website) must make available a "repository file" (ovgme.xml file) on a web server. Adress and port does not matter, as long as this is an HTTP server.

ovgme.xml Source Code

the ovgme.xml file must be named "ovgme.xml" (for now) and have this structure:

<mods>
 <mod    name="Dummy - Mod A"  version="1.1"     url="http://www.toto.org/ovgme/Dummy - Mod A.zip"/>
 <mod    name="Dummy - Mod B"  version="1.2.2"   url="http://www.youpla.net/ovgme/Dummy - Mod B.zip"/>
</mods>

In fact, you can name tags (nodes) as you want, since the XML parsing routine does not check node's name. It only take the root node (here <mods/>) and its children (here <mod/>). So, technicaly, you can replace "mods" by "cacaprout" and "mod" by "yahehaehhah", this still working. However, attributes names within the children MUST be named exactly like in the example "name", "url" and "version" (the order doesn't matter).

OvGME provides a simple tool to generate the XML source code for the ovgme.xml file. This tool check all mods of the current Mods stock folder (for the selected game) and generate the XML code according what is found as valid Mod. To be included in the source code as "repository compliant Mod", Mods must be:

- A valid zip Mod-Archive.

- Containing a valid version.txt

The version string must be only numbers separated by dots, up to three version number max, one for Major, one for Minor, and one for Revision... examples of valid version string:

Limitation: OvGME does not eat "Transfert-Encoded: chunked" HTTP response (this thing is hell to handle correctly), however, theorically, this HTTP transfert mode only occure when you ask for some complicated page like PHP or ASP... an HTTP server will never (as far as i know) provide a simple xml file in "Transfert-Encoded: chunked"...

Client Side (user)

A Mods can be checked for update if and only if:

- It is a Zipped Mod-Archive (Directory-Mod version check and update not supported yet)

- It has a "version.txt" in the root of the archive (like the description) with the version string, and ONLY the version string.

The version string must be in the same form as in the xml file... (however, the original mod-achive can have a version "1.2" string, if the repository provide any "1.2.1" version, OvGME recognize it as an update, equaly, for "1.2.1" becoming "1.3" or even "2"... )

The client must enter one or several repository adress in the repository manager.

Since i coded an URL parser, the provided repository adresse and port can be almost what you want. Examples of valid adress:

www.prout.com

http://klathu.net/folder1/folder2/

http://224.24.65.128:8080/toto/tata

www.youplaboum.net:8081/repository/

Once you have that... you can Check for update... OvGME will interogates repository, comparing mod names and versions, and give you the list of mods who can be updated... Then, you can launch download (individually, or by group, depending what you want to update)...

Rendez-vous tomorrow.

Edited by sedenion

I am very sorry but my French is no way near "public release" :D

But, Sedenion looks like he is also from France and he looks native :) , maybe he can make the Help file also in French?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I am very sorry but my French is no way near "public release" :D

But, Sedenion looks like he is also from France and he looks native :) , maybe he can make the Help file also in French?

Yes, i can... but don't ask me to implement i18n for OvGME... I will produce somme french help when the 1.5 will become stable.

Edited by sedenion

New development 1.5.0 version released.

For documentation related to the new Repositories feature, please see this post: http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2875105&postcount=95

So, this is the first implementation of the Repositories feature with Mod update donwload, now the question are:

- What should be improved, changed ?

- What is missing ?

- What is good, what is not so good ?

- Do you see a bug ?

Hello sedenion,

first let me say thank you for your effort on doing OvGME! Our Wing asked a few days before about an auto update function for our few mods and now you´ve released 1.5 :thumbup:

I tried 1.5 but i have some problems...

I get stuck in trying to check/download the mods. OvGME says "Getting data from repositories, please wait..."

I do so.. still.. :music_whistling:

What i did...

Uninstalled old Version 1.2

Installed 1.5

used "Make Mod archive"

uploaded it to our server --> created directory (root/ovgme/)

put the .zip file into it also the ovgme.xml

pointed the path in "Repositories Config" to our serveradress/ovgme/

Tried it... and still waiting... :helpsmilie:

Improvements:

- @Repositories Configuration may add the option to edit the path

- @Make Mod Archive --> Description: field --> new line only with STRG+Enter, if you hit only enter it starts creating the archive...

That´s it for now...

Regards / Grüße

Neo

-- Core i7 2600 @4,5 GHz | ASRock P67 Professional | 16 GB RAM | GeForce RTX 2070 | SB X-Fi | 250 GB SSD + 1 GB SSD + 2 TB HD | WIN 10 Pro | TM Warthog | VPC WarBRD base | VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip | WINWING F/A-18 H.O.T.A.S | MFG Crosswind | TIR5 | HELIOS --