some key binding questions for hornet

markturner1960

Hi, can someone who has the kit please advise on the following:

How have you guys got the AB percentage / detent position set up? I have mine set at 95% but the detent still does not match the in sim position. Ideally I would like AB to kick in at the detent, with engine %age at around 98%, so it matches what happens on the gauges in the jet.

Secondly, how do you set up the throttle and finger lifts so it works as in real life, IE lift over the detent performs the shift/home function.

Third, how do you map the position and formation lights knobs ? Cant get these to work.

All of this being done in DCS options, not using the win wing software yet

thx

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

Hi, it is calibrated, I am talking about the AB percentage and how that works.

There must be at least several users who have their throttles who can comment on my queries? Please?? !

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

Here's my setup for the left throttle... right throttle has the same settings.

1907408672_Annotation2020-05-28163237.png.b8a0d5fa24e7f2581c8f52379605f199.png

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

Thanks RS, how did you set up the AB in the sim apppro software? And how have you utilised the fingerlifts so the throttle behaves as in real life?

I didn’t use SimAppPro for anything but backlight control.

As for the fingerlifts in AB, there’s no button activated when lifting them so you can’t utilize the DCS command to raise/lower them. If you set your curve correctly, you won’t need to.

As for fingerlifts on engine shutdown, I have Joystick Gremlin execute a button when each throttle is moved into idle (releasing buttons 1&2), and map that button to the engine start command. I use the throttle’s buttons 1&2 for the engine stop commands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

Oh, OK - did you notice that in the calibration section of the simapppro, ( not the key bindings bit) there is a way to set the afterburner percentage? I was not sure exactly how best to utilise this and how it was supposed to work - for example, it was set at default at 75%, seeing as how my AB kicks in at around 99%, then I thought that this should be set to that. But what I don’t know is what this references, the engine percentage in the jet or physical travel.

Could you explain to me why you have set your curve as shown ( for example, why the very small dip in curve at 27) and how to do the thing with gremlin please?

Many thanks

I didn’t see anything about AB percentage, but it sounds like it’s also adjusting the curve.

There are multiple threads and YouTube videos out there about setting your throttle curve to match the afterburner activation, but the gist is this: in that window in DCS, there’s a little black dot. What you do is to get in flight in the F2 view and move your throttle to the point just before the afterburner lights.

Go back into the curve window and move your throttle slightly. You don’t want the throttle to move much, you’re just trying to get the black dot to move. When it settles, it will be at the activation point. Mine was past the 20 column but slightly before the 30 column. I adjusted the 30 column down one point at a time until it activates in flight right as I push through the detent.

I don’t use JG for any curves, but there’s a Youtube video or two out there about that subject also, as well as a thread on the ED forums.

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

• 3 months later...
Hi, can someone who has the kit please advise on the following:

Third, how do you map the position and formation lights knobs ? Cant get these to work.

thx

I have the same question too... anyone managed to get it set up ? Please help.

thanks.

OS:Win10 64bit*/MB: Gigabyte X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING / HD:SSD

CPU Type: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X 8-Core 3700Mhz / Ram:32Gb DDR4

Mon: Dell AW3418DW LCD + 3 x CUBESIM displays.

Hotas : TM Warthog #4347 | #80897 | TM F/A-18 Hornet Stick / TM Pendular Rudder / Cougar MFDs / Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC / Elgato Stream Decks / Virpil T50-CM2 Base and Grip / Winwing Super Taurus | PCR | PTO / Monstechtech Desk Mounts 

I have the same question too... anyone managed to get it set up ? Please help.

thanks.

Here you go...same for position lights

Screen_200919_234646.thumb.png.dfdbe3021e8f07c39596cbc5631213ad.png

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

I didn’t see anything about AB percentage, but it sounds like it’s also adjusting the curve.

There are multiple threads and YouTube videos out there about setting your throttle curve to match the afterburner activation, but the gist is this: in that window in DCS, there’s a little black dot. What you do is to get in flight in the F2 view and move your throttle to the point just before the afterburner lights.

Go back into the curve window and move your throttle slightly. You don’t want the throttle to move much, you’re just trying to get the black dot to move. When it settles, it will be at the activation point. Mine was past the 20 column but slightly before the 30 column. I adjusted the 30 column down one point at a time until it activates in flight right as I push through the detent.

I don’t use JG for any curves, but there’s a Youtube video or two out there about that subject also, as well as a thread on the ED forums.

Copied from the Winwing Discord channel. I just tried it and it works a treat.

How to align A/B Detent with your aircraft:

1. Move throttle until afterburner deploys in game

2. in SimAppPro write down value of RX and RY

3. calculate 1 - (RX / 65535)

4. Click "Set afterburner Ratio"

5. "Add" the aircraft and set the percentage to the number from 3.

6. Hit "activate"

7. Enjoy a perfectly aligned A/B Detent! (For me F/A 18c required 82%)

Here you go...same for position lights

Thank you !!! :thumbup:

Hotas : TM Warthog #4347 | #80897 | TM F/A-18 Hornet Stick / TM Pendular Rudder / Cougar MFDs / Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC / Elgato Stream Decks / Virpil T50-CM2 Base and Grip / Winwing Super Taurus | PCR | PTO / Monstechtech Desk Mounts 

where is the winwing discord server?

I cannot find it anywhere

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

where is the winwing discord server?

I cannot find it anywhere

It's a sub channel under HOTAS/HOSAS/SIMPIT

Mean that we need to get invitation from HOTAS channel before we can join in?

Ah ok...I am already there then.

I was thinking you were referring to a winwing specific server.

Thanks

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png