DCS World Dedicated Server Status?

Thudster

ED posted on Facebook on 13 July 2018 a strong comment regarding the DCS 2.5+ Dedicated Server being released in the Autumn of 2018.

Has there been any news or can anyone update the arrival status of this much-needed core feature?

Thanks!

Taken from Facebook DCS World Newsletter - 13 JULY 2018

With the launch of 2.5 earlier this year, we have been working diligently on an item we’ve been wanting to bring to DCS World for quite a long time: a dedicated server. It, however, was not until the launch of DCS World 2.5 was this possible, and hence the length of time this has taken.

As a dedicated server, the software will not require any graphics rendering, so no dedicated graphics card will be required and there is no audio requirement. This all greatly reduced server load overhead.

There will be a new web GUI to control the server. Operation of the dedicated server through the web GUI will operate much as the existing online server does now, but allow you to make changes remotely.

We plan to release the dedicated server in Autumn 2018. Afterward, we will investigate adding additional features to expand its capability.

Sincerely,

The Eagle Dynamics Team

(1AF) "THUD" | 55th FS

Joint Task Force 1 | Discord

Great news, I'm looking forward to being able to hosts MP missions using a PC with an inexpensive GPU :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

The dedicated server is currently in internal testing.

Can you post the name of this "test dedicated" server so us online players can join it ?

METAR weather for DCS World missions

Guide to help out new DCS MOOSE Users -> HERE

Havoc Company Dedicated server info Connect IP: 94.23.215.203

SRS enabled - freqs - Main = 243, A2A = 244, A2G = 245

Please contact me HERE if you have any server feedback or METAR issues/requests

What part of "internal" do you not understand? :)

apparently the whole word

METAR weather for DCS World missions

Guide to help out new DCS MOOSE Users -> HERE

Havoc Company Dedicated server info Connect IP: 94.23.215.203

SRS enabled - freqs - Main = 243, A2A = 244, A2G = 245

Please contact me HERE if you have any server feedback or METAR issues/requests

Testing is going good, and we have had great feedback so far.

Thanks for answering this guy's post Nineline.

I'll also take this opportunity to thank you guys for all the exciting news this year from 2.5 and the Hornet, to dedi's and even wag's youtube comment about actively working on a dynamic campaign, as well as the missile rework. Feel like you and the team have also been far more communicative as well and that may just be me, but I think it looks good for the future of DCS.

Spoiler

Win 11 Pro, z790 i9 13900k, RTX 4090 , 64GB DDR 6400GB, OS and DCS are on separate pci-e 4.0 drives 

Sim hardware - VKB MCG Ultimate with 200mm extension, Virpil T-50CM3 Dual throttles.   Blackhog B-explorer (A), TM Cougar MFD's (two), MFG Crosswinds with dampener.   Obutto R3volution gaming pit.  

apparently the whole word

internal version means it is a non pubblic DCS version which is used by beta tester and developers to "test" new stuff :)

I am curios to know it the dedicated server will increase overal performance in MP in terms of fps and stuttering:thumbup:

This in combination with Vulkan API should definitely help us improve the DCS experience :smilewink:

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

officialy winter starts 21st december :>

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

Thanks for the update, but the dedicated server will be released when its ready, it's in internal testing right now.

Thanks mate, I was just replying to Looney, anyhow the sooner it's relased the better , if it's ready before winter I think the community will just be happy :thumbup::music_whistling::music_whistling::music_whistling:

I guess! When its ready ED may, or not contact those servers hosts that, are heavily populated to do some external testing.

Since some of us hosts have purchased additional hardware $$$(Servers) for the benefit of the community to enjoy.

| i9 9900K Octa Core 2TB SSD +32GB Spectrix DDR4 @3200MHz RGB | 2 x Radeon RX480 in Crossfire. | TrackIR5 HOTAS Warthog,MFG Crosswind Pedals | Cougar MFDs |

[OCG] Oceanic Combat Group

discord.gg/ZmXEBSU

"Through The Inferno"

by deadlyfishes

Official Australian Servers

SRS: All Servers have Auto-Connect Enabled

Server 1: TTI Caucasus

Server 2: TTI Persian Gulf

Server 3: OCG Training

Server 4: OCG NTTR & Multiplayer Missions

Australian Website

AU Discord Server

I haven't come across any references about hardware requirements. Is it possible to shed just a wee bit of light on that subject?

I'm part of a slowly growing group of pilots and we are currently using a dedicated PC which might be offline in the near future. So we're discussing renting a server online, like they do for ARMA, COD etc. Just wondering if that's a feasible option.

Testing is going good, and we have had great feedback so far.

Thank you for this!

Very much looking forward to finally uninstall the bloated client host for an effective exe.

How is it handling the memory on large missions with many triggers?

Is there a noticeable improvement with combined arms and many moving ground units?

Any word if it will be able to host missions on maps that cost money without the need to buy license for the dedicated server?

Thanks again for all the hard work being put into this.

I am sure it will be a big game changer for the multiplayer crowd!

S!

IAF.ViFF

http://www.preflight.us

Israel's Combat Flight Sim Community Website

Sorry, forgot to mention that I'm also very much interested to know what will be the functionality of the web GUI?

If it will be possible to remotely manage mission selection and rotation, difficulty settings, exe kill & restart, etc

If it will be possible to assign users with varied or distinct levels for access to all or just certain functions on the web GUI, etc...

S!

IAF.ViFF

http://www.preflight.us

Israel's Combat Flight Sim Community Website