Piston engine aircraft

Stonehouse

Looking for some assistance. Due to crazyEddie pointing out a sound glitch in the recently released DC3 mods a little more insight into how piston engine mods work was discovered. See here https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3666270&postcount=15

So I guess what I am hoping for is someone who is a sound mod person to volunteer to create sound files to be added to piston engine aircraft mods with the thought that even if the DC3 is declared a turboprop it can still sound like a piston engine aircraft as well as tell me how to include them (although I can possibly work out the last bit myself) as I have zero sound crafting skills. Note I believe the above problem affects all community released piston engine aircraft mods.

Alternatively if someone can provide info to figure out the detailed engine values for a piston engine I'll try to figure out the setup for a Pratt & Whitney radial.

Not to worry. It appears that it is impossible to add sounds to a new aircraft without access to the sdk given to third parties by ED according to the sound modding thread.

The only workaround available that I can find is to make appropriate recordings of the engine sound from the front, side and rear and then place these files in C:\Users\your username\Saved Games\DCS\Mods\aircraft\aircraft mod name\Sounds\Effects\Aircrafts\Engines and the files need to be named Tu95FrontEngine.wav should be the front engine recording, Tu95BackEngine.wav should be the back engine recording and PlaneAroundEngine.wav should be the side engine recording.

Edited by Stonehouse
saw a better way