Will 1.5.8 receive full harrier updates?

WildBillKelsoe

1.5.8 Updates will be forthcoming for as long as 1.5.8 is being updated by ED. Once 1.5.8 enters legacy status there will be no further updates.

Thanks Zeus.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Sorry but that is not how it will work.

Once 1.5.8 is final all future updates will be in 2.5 and the latest version of DCS. 1.5.8 will be unsupported.

This is how it has been with all other modules over the years, as we progressed through the changes 1.2.16 > 1.5.8 > 2.5 and so on.

Seems perfectly logical to me!

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

• 2 months later...

so 1.5.8 is now legacy status?

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Why??

Personally I dont want them touching 1.X anything now, any issues/bugs etc should be in 2.X and IMO the last stable version of 1.X is the last.

All effort into DCS 2!!

+1

I've uninstalled 1.5 and the beta Normandy version.

I'm sticking with 2.5.

• 5 months later...

Hey all sorry I am out of the loop, but have been seriously considering the Harrier. My computer struggles to play 1.5.8 without crashing (works fine as long as I avoid city's, hence why I fly mostly over the ocean). How did the final Harrier update for 1.5.8 compare to the current status of the bird?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Just imagine the comments if ED were to ever state that they'd stopped work on the development of the F18 so as to enable functionality on 1.58.

It's just not going to happen.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.