'Scat's flying school

IASGATG

Hey everyone, in a nutshell I’m offering my services to help people practice and developer skills for specific aircraft. This would be exclusively a one-on-one instruction session, each session lasting 1-2hrs depending on what you want to go through. I would only be doing this for the F-15 and the A-10.

The layout would be simply to understand what you want to learn, assess the core skills, find the weakness and then explain and develop on those to improve performance; whilst hopefully in the mean time learning new tricks whilst having a laugh.

Feel free to PM me or add me to Skype: IASGATG

Happy Hunting.

• Like 3

Cool!

Maybe when I'm less unskilled and wouldn't be wasting your time I'll take you up on it (as part of an international beer-for-knowledge program :-P)

That's sort of the point, I'm happy to go from turning engines on and just getting the bird in the air, to specific ACM tactics.

Scat's a good guy and a good pilot in my experiences flying with him and BS'ing with him on TS, all would be well served to take him up on this offer.

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Great initiative IASGATG. Hopefully this makes into a more formal flight school for newbies.

But if this is what you want to do, train newbies, don't you feel like joining one of the more serious squads as an IP?

i7 4790K: 4.8GHz, 1.328V (manual)

MSI GTX 970: 1,504MHz core, 1.250V, 8GHz memory

Great initiative IASGATG. Hopefully this makes into a more formal flight school for newbies.

But if this is what you want to do, train newbies, don't you feel like joining one of the more serious squads as an IP?

Hey Jaypee, thanks for the props.

In answer to your question, not really. I'm pretty comfortable doing my own thing. This isn't really exlusively a noobie "How do I turn the jet on" thing. If people simply want to practice a particular jink or maneuver that keeps killing them in BFM then I'm happy to provide that as well.

The more experienced A2A guys will know that the more you fly, the more you realise you have to learn and the more you have to practice and finesse the smallest of things.

Hope that answers your question.

Can it be ad hoc ?

Say... instead of making plans and set up the time. I'd go see if you're online... and if you happen to be not doing anything in particular and have the time.. Then let's have a go ?

Afraid not. Would much rather plan it in advance. I cherish my down time and knowing it's uninterrupted makes me all warm and fuzzy.

NavAir Training

The primary mission of TRAWING FIVE (TW-5) is to administer and coordinate the flight training of Student Military Aviators (SMAs) and to provide liaison between the Wing’s training squadrons and the Chief of Naval Air Training (CNATRA). The TW-5 staff implements the CNATRA approved flight and academic syllabus, oversees the flight instructor standardization training program, coordinates intra-squadron student loads and assignments, controls Marine Corps instructor strength and assignment within the Wing, and monitors aircraft maintenance activities.

TW-5 is located 5 miles north of Milton, Florida on board Naval Air Station Whiting Field. The Wing is comprised of three primary fixed-wing and three advanced helicopter squadrons and trains aviators from the Navy, Marine Corps, Coast Guard, and allied nations. TW-5 is responsible for an estimated 43 percent of the Chief of Naval Air Training Command's total flight time and over 11 percent of Navy and Marine Corps' flight time world-wide. Over 1,200 personnel complete their essential flight training here annually. We pride ourselves on producing the finest Naval Aviators in the world.

Naval Flight Training:

It is a school unlike any other. Flight training is filled with constant challenges and is designed to test an individual's stamina, knowledge and the ability to adapt to a very dynamic flying environment.

Every aspect of the flight training program has a purpose based on an understanding of what the flying environment may hold. The military aviator must know and master all the elements that will or could be encountered while airborne. Mastery of the flying environment requires constant commitment and self-discipline. For the military aviator, mastering oneself is the all-important first step when acquiring the skill of flight and remains the constant requirement of an individual throughout a career in aviation.

Commitment, combined with self-discipline, is an outlook required both in the training process and beyond. The flight school is about a dream, a vision of flight, and a desire to wear the coveted Wings of Gold.

After completing aviation indoctrination at Naval Aviation Schools Command in Pensacola, the next step is Primary Flight Training located at NAS Whiting Field.

Primary Flight Training:

When a SMA checks into TW-5 for Primary training they will be assigned to one of three training squadrons; the Doer birds of VT-2, VT-3 Red Knights or the Shooters of VT-6. Primary flight instruction is intense and provides a combination of actual and simulated flight experience to SMAs. With the exception of certain solo flights, all actual flights of the T-6B Texan II are conducted under the experienced eye of an instructor pilot, a designated military aviator.

The ground training you will receive will provide the basic foundation of knowledge upon which all simulators and aircraft instruction is based. The integrated syllabus consists of cockpit procedure trainers and various flight support courses including; local course rules, aircrew coordination, emergency procedures, safety procedures, ejection seat procedures, preflight inspection, safe for solo, day/night contact, aerobatics, basic/radio instruments, and formation flight. Many of these courses and simulator events will be taught either by current military aviators or even retired aviators with thousands of hours of flight experience under their belts.

The first stage of flight training is called familiarization and this stage consists of multiple flights both in the aircraft and simulator in which the SMA learns to conduct a proper pre-flight inspection of the aircraft, learn ground/taxi procedures, learn how to safely take off and most importantly land, practice basic air work and even includes dynamic maneuvers such as a spin and stall recoveries.

After a SMA’s first solo flight, an SMA will be introduced to Precision aerobatics and Formation flying. These flying events are confidence builders and are considered to be the most rewarding events flown during their Primary training. These flights further familiarize the SMA with the aircraft while continuing to refine their flying abilities.

All SMAs will attend an Instrument Ground School that prepares the student to learn the basics of radio instruments. During this stage of the flight training, SMA’s are instructed airways navigation and instrument landing approaches. It is during this stage that SMA’s acquire the fundamental knowledge that will make them “all weather” pilots. Finally at the end of the instrument stage, SMA’s will also have an opportunity to go on the road with an instructor during their Cross Country event where an SMA is exposed to different airports, airspace and sometimes new scenery. Both Instrument and Visual Navigation flights are conducted all across the country.

Pipeline Selection:

After completing Primary training, the SMA will be selected for follow on Advanced training either in the Strike (jet), Mari-Time (multi-engine) or Rotary (helicopter) pipelines. Pipeline selection is based on three factors: the needs of the service, SMA’s flight and academic performance and the SMA’s preference. Students selected for the Advanced Rotary (helicopter) pipeline will remain at NAS Whiting Field for advanced training and upon graduation will receive their coveted Wings of Gold at NAS Whiting Field.

Advanced Helicopter Training:

Students selected for the helicopter pipeline will receive their ground school training and flight instruction in the TH-57B/C “Sea Ranger” while attached to one of three Advanced Rotary squadrons; the HT-8 Eight Ballers, HT-18 Vigilant Eagles or the Hellions of HT-28. During Advanced Rotary ground school, Aircraft systems, helicopter aerodynamics, and instrument navigation training will be conducted. Additional flight support training is conducted in the Helicopter Cockpit Procedures Trainer where basic procedures and emergencies are conducted. After mastering such skills such as hovering and auto-rotation, the SMA advances to the fully instrumented TH-57C to refine their instrument flying and navigation skills. The full-motion/visual helicopter flight simulator is also used in this stage. Finally, the SMA reaches the helicopter tactics stage where they learn the fundamentals of formation flying, low-level navigation, search and rescue, and night vision goggle (NVG) flight training. The long hours of study and preparation will finally pay off when the former student military aviator becomes a Naval Aviator and receives their coveted Wings of Gold. The newly minted Naval Aviator will then report to their assigned fleet replacement squadron and ultimately to a fleet squadron as a combat ready helicopter pilot.

http://www.cnatra.navy.mil/tw5/mission.asp

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...

Hey everyone, in a nutshell I’m offering my services to help people practice and developer skills for specific aircraft. This would be exclusively a one-on-one instruction session, each session lasting 1-2hrs depending on what you want to go through. I would only be doing this for the F-15 and the A-10.

The layout would be simply to understand what you want to learn, assess the core skills, find the weakness and then explain and develop on those to improve performance; whilst hopefully in the mean time learning new tricks whilst having a laugh.

Feel free to PM me or add me to Skype: IASGATG

Happy Hunting.

Maybe this was already asked but did you mean the A-10A or A-10C or both?

I need, I need, I need... What about my wants? QuickSilver original.

"Off with his job" Mr Burns on the Simpsons.

"I've seen steering wheels / arcade sticks / flight sticks for over a hundred dollars; why be surprised at a 150 dollar item that includes the complexities of this controller?! It has BLINKY LIGHTS!!" author unknown.

These titles are listed in the chronological order I purchased them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This is a cookie cutter message to everyone interesting in the DCS training sessions. As I've had a much larger than expected response and with a high university, work and social life load, I've decided to write this message to save everyone as much time and confusion as possible.

I am based in BST which is GMT+1 (As it is summer). I'm going to be free Fri-Sun this week (1st-3rd). Please pick a two hour time slot and those on a first come first serve will get the slot. Times will start at 12:00BST so I have time to get up, get food and get ready.

Please email your time and day with which aircraft and what very specific thing you'd like to do for those two hours. As I have mentioned to some of you before, something as specific as "A-10 gun run angles" to "Defensive BFM manevours" to "Missile employment theory crafting".

I'll reply to you as soon as I can with confirmation of times and dates then we can get this show on the road.

Email - IASGATG@gmail.com

and social life load,

You have a social life?

I have a job and a wife.

Life is not fair.

I'm losing my hair...

A QUICKSILVER ORIGINAL

I need, I need, I need... What about my wants? QuickSilver original.

"Off with his job" Mr Burns on the Simpsons.

"I've seen steering wheels / arcade sticks / flight sticks for over a hundred dollars; why be surprised at a 150 dollar item that includes the complexities of this controller?! It has BLINKY LIGHTS!!" author unknown.

These titles are listed in the chronological order I purchased them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just finished a 2-hour defensive BFM lesson (F-15), which started off easy with a bit of formation flying and went onwards to getting a feel for when an offensive aircraft is in a guns position and within your turn bubble. We later discussed energy management, extensions, turn geometry/plane of motion and applied these through a set of defensive exercises. I now have a much better understanding of when to sustain a turn, jink, or when to actually shit my pants. Overall, I had a fun time and learned a lot from Scat who has a great deal of professionalism but also good sense of humor. If you guys haven’t taken him up on his offer I recommend it and rate my experience as a 400kts TURN TURN TURN/10. :thumbup:

383rd. Fighter Squadron:

https://383fs.wordpress.com/

ASUS G75VW:

CPU: Intel i7-3610QM | RAM: 16GB DDR3-1600 | GFX: GTX670m | SSD: Corsair Neutron GTX 120GB | HDD: WD Black 750GB 2.5"