----- // AV8B causes server crash \\ -----

Paul1994

Hello,

Being a director of a multiplayer server I regret not being able to put harrier on my mission ..

All the servers are not affected by this problem but many meet him anyway, I explain myself :

With a mission where there are only harriers, dcs crash at the end of a few minutes, désyncronisation, lag and finally crash in less than 10min .. it's a pity, is there a known solution?

Edited by Paul1994

1st Fighter Wing Program : https://discord.gg/NUnabec

Hello,

Being a director of a multiplayer server I regret not being able to put harrier on my mission ..

All the servers are not affected by this problem but many meet him anyway, I explain myself :

With a mission where there are only harriers, dcs crash at the end of a few minutes, désyncronisation, lag and finally crash in less than 10min .. it's a pity, is there a known solution?

Thats a big claim, do you have any evidence to prove this

Server specs

Log Files

Bandwidth

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

Hi, I´m the host of "Kirks-Hangar" and i have the exact same problem. If i put AV8B´s into a mission and at least 2 of them get occupied by players you can start a counter, 5-10 Minutes after the Engines are running the desync starts and will end with a total freeze of all playes expect yourself, a bit further the server comes to a stop and crashes. I would like to put the AV8B into my missions, but for now its just not possible.

A solution or idea why this happens would be highly appreciated.

Server:

i7-6700

32 GB DDR4 RAM

2 x 500 GB SSD

1 GBit/s Bandwith

Windows Server 2016 Standart Edition

LOG attached! This time the server did not crash completly, but it was not responding to windows anymore and totally out of sync. Only 2 player AV8B´s, 1 AI AV8B and a C-130 tanker im the mission.

dcs.zip

Edited by Kirk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Admin Kirks-Hangar Multiplayer Server.

Keep calm and fly on!:pilotfly:

• ED Team

attach dcs.logs guys

the devs will need to take a look at the crash

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi, I´m the host of "Kirks-Hangar" and i have the exact same problem. If i put AV8B´s into a mission and at least 2 of them get occupied by players you can start a counter, 5-10 Minutes after the Engines are running the desync starts and will end with a total freeze of all playes expect yourself, a bit further the server comes to a stop and crashes. I would like to put the AV8B into my missions, but for now its just not possible.

A solution or idea why this happens would be highly appreciated.

Server:

i7-6700

32 GB DDR4 RAM

2 x 500 GB SSD

1 GBit/s Bandwith

Windows Server 2016 Standart Edition

LOG attached! This time the server did not crash completly, but it was not responding to windows anymore and totally out of sync. Only 2 player AV8B´s, 1 AI AV8B and a C-130 tanker im the mission.

Thanks, we are a lots of Server Admin whith this problem ...

Yep, same here on our dedicated (leased) server

Zip - VEAF :pilotfly:

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !

I want to jump in and say I saw this issue happen on the AO server. If I got into any other plane all the planes would fly around normally. As soon as I jumped into a Harrier (I was the only one to get into the Harrier), everything started desync and fly still and or vertically and all funny. When I jumped out of the aircraft and back into anything else, the server synced up and all the planes were flying normally again.

I can also confirm the Harrier causes major issues with Aerobatics Online. It took awhile to narrow down, but after pulling out all Harrier slots, the server warping and UI freeze issues have completely gone away.

Aerobatics Online Server Admin

Gaming Rig: i7 7700k @ 4.6, Nvidia GTX-1080Ti, 16GB DDR4, 1TB NVMe SDD.

Hardware: TM Warthog w/ 10cm extension, TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, Obutto r3volution pit, Oculus Rift CV1

attach dcs.logs guys

the devs will need to take a look at the crash

I'm not sure if ED runs or has ever considered running a proper multiplayer server that users will regularly use, but I think it would be beneficial if they did. That way they can see first hand the issues that we constantly deal with and have direct access to logs and crash reports.

Hardware: TM Warthog w/ 10cm extension, TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, Obutto r3volution pit, Oculus Rift CV1

• ED Team

ED do occasionally have public multiplayer session, usually for major issues.

I Have tried to reproduce this myself, but was unable. I will highlight this thread to the team to see what they say.

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hello Big newy ,

the problem happens when the host does not have the copy of the module AV8B ( Owner) .

If the host is an owner of AV8B copy there is no problem.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ED do occasionally have public multiplayer session, usually for major issues.

I Have tried to reproduce this myself, but was unable. I will highlight this thread to the team to see what they say.

If you really want to see the issue, jump in the AO server (if they still have them in after their last comment) and jump in the harrier - watch the server freak out. Jump out of the harrier and watch the server go back to normal.

We play on my own local server with me as host and player at the same time. Two to three guys having a great time unless I load up the harrier (I'm the only one having it). There is no difference between beta and non beta. The server crashes. I hope you can use my log for something. This if from newest beta.

http://www.twins4ever.dk/files/DCS/CrashLogs/dcs.log

Feel free to ask for more information so we can have this great plane in mp again...

Cheers

Mark

There does not seem to be any change with stability regarding the Harrier in this latest update. Allowing people to fly it in multiplayer chokes the server, makes people warp, and eventually freezes DCS (but not crash). I've once again removed it from the mission to make the game playable.

I can confirm that this is still the case. DCS logs do not contain anything that seems to relate to this issue. Once the desync happens, DCS on the server is not responding (we get the windows message: DCS is not responding). Also no error in windows logs, only an information entry:

Fault bucket , type 0
Event Name: AppHangTransient
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: DCS.exe
P2: 2.5.1.16978
P3: 5af29ebc
P4: unknown
P5: unknown
P6: unknown
P7: unknown
P8: 
P9: 
P10: 

Attached files:

These files may be available here:

Analysis symbol: 
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: 01e88d27-5a0b-11e8-8431-525400123456
Report Status: 2049
Hashed bucket:

This does not happen if an owner of the AV8 module opens the server. So, when trying to reproduce, maybe try to use a server that does not own the AV8 module.

Edited by n26

Author of Scratchpad, DATIS, and maintainer of DCS-gRPC.

Any info on this issue with the latest patch? It's pretty critical, to say the least.

Harrier is non playable on dedicated server unless the server owner agrees to spend additional $$ to have the Harrier license installed on the server. That's not even remotely acceptable.

Whisper of old OFP & C6 forums, now Kalbuth.

Specs : i7 6700K / MSI 1070 / 32G RAM / SSD / Rift S / Virpil MongooseT50 / Virpil T50 CM2 Throttle / MFG Crosswind.

All but Viggen, Yak52 & F16

No change with the update of the harrier of May 23, always the same trouble meet ... 2minutes of flight before having an incredible desynchronization because the DCS of the server crash because of haters or something related to the module, when he is present on a mission in playable time, and that the host of the mission does not have the Harrier.

Any info on this issue with the latest patch? It's pretty critical, to say the least.

Harrier is non playable on dedicated server unless the server owner agrees to spend additional $$ to have the Harrier license installed on the server. That's not even remotely acceptable.

Is there a chance a dev will take a stand on this problem?

We had several crashes a day. After finding this thread we removed the Harriers from the mission.

Now we run fine for already 3 days without a single crash.

Buying a additional copy just for the server is not acceptable.

Is there a chance a dev will take a stand on this problem?

We had several crashes a day. After finding this thread we removed the Harriers from the mission.

Now we run fine for already 3 days without a single crash.

Buying a additional copy just for the server is not acceptable.

+1

• ED Team

Guys I am not able to reproduce this.

Flown all night on a server which does not have the AV-8B and flew as clients with no issues.

Also servers like the 104th dont have the AV-8B and they seem to be running just fine?

Can you tell me which servers are seeing this issue? or is it just one?

Edited by BIGNEWY