Bell 206/TH-57/OH-58/TH-67

Woogey

• 3 months later...

I don't think so because as I understand it, it is just a reskin of an existing helicopter (the huey in this case), with some modification allowing more loadouts an oh-58d appearence. So you just need to download the mod and own a huey basicaly

In this screenshot, it is clearly (for me) a new module which is requiered

Ah, yes, I saw it now!

Says "OH58D by Polychop-Simulations" under "Required".

Then indeed nice catch wildari!

I don't think so because as I understand it, it is just a reskin of an existing helicopter (the huey in this case), with some modification allowing more loadouts an oh-58d appearence. So you just need to download the mod and own a huey basicaly

In this screenshot, it is clearly (for me) a new module which is requiered

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

I wouldn't read too much into it.

It was only end of March that we were explicitly told that Polychop did not have a licence with ED for the OH-58:

Indeed, but, in the name of wild speculations, it might be that they at that time was close enough to have a promotion sample (or whatever it's called in English) ready to be used in future negotiations with ED, and that they now have come to the testing phase before bringing it to Wags.

Maybe due to previous criticism on the FM of the Gazelle they need to show proof of being capable of getting a sufficiently good FM from start?

Or they just simply got the contract eventually.

Yes, speculations, speculations and more speculations.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

"So is this some real stuff or what? "

At the moment we don't know much. Nothing official have been stated about that.

All we know so far is that Polychop is currently working on an OH-58D Kiowa. It wasn't sure if it was for DCS or another simulator like X-plane for instance. Polychop seems to have no license from ED for this module (AFAIK) but then comes this screenshot...

If it is not a fake screenshot, then that can means 2 things :

- ED finally gave the license to Polychop for this module (meaning that the other thrid dev studio working on the kiowa cancelled their project ?)

- OR, Polychop wanted to test their new product in DCS in order to show to ED that their product is up to DCS standard (and maybe almost ready for sell ?).

So wait and see I guess...