F-86 Smoke Pod Issues

Dan213

Hello All,

I have been using the F-86 for formation flying with a friend for some time but there is something I have never been able to solve. I can get the HVAR smoke pods to work on the wings, but it seems that it isn't possible to either turn these off/on using a single button press. It sometimes takes 1, 2, 3 or even 4 presses to turn the smoke on or off, which can be an issue when flying a display and trying to turn the smoke on and off at the same time as the other aircraft. I know this issue doesn't relate to the buttons on my joystick as I can hear the keypress sound of the weapon release button in the cockpit. People I fly with also have the same issue and, as previously mentioned, we have spent some time trying to fix this ourselves before posting here.

Hope somebody can help me with this

Many thanks in advance :)

Dan

depending on the station, you have to cycle through the stations w/ each button press.

or use the panel to set the specific station.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Did a full reinstall of DCS last night to make sure that the problem wasn't occurring at my end and its still doing this. This problem still appears to be occurring,even with the manual mode enabled.

Any help would be much appreciated

Dan

it's because if you put like 8 smoke pods on, you can cycle wich ones go on and off by hitting the button over and over till they're all on, or 2 or 3 or 5 or whatever are on, so if you only put 2 on, it still acts like you have 8, so you need to keep hitting the button

• Like 1

My youtube channel Remember: the fun is in the fight, not the kill, so say NO! to the AIM-120.

System specs:ROG Maximus XI Hero, Intel I9 9900K, 32GB 3200MHz ram, EVGA 1080ti FTW3, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVME, 27" Samsung SA350 1080p, 27" BenQ GW2765HT 1440p, ASUS ROG PG278Q 1440p G-SYNC

Controls: Saitekt rudder pedals,Virpil MongoosT50 throttle, warBRD base, CM2 stick, TrackIR 5+pro clip, WMR VR headset.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

it's because if you put like 8 smoke pods on, you can cycle wich ones go on and off by hitting the button over and over till they're all on, or 2 or 3 or 5 or whatever are on, so if you only put 2 on, it still acts like you have 8, so you need to keep hitting the button

Ah right, thanks for the reply. I was only flying one, so I guess this still applies. Just to clarify, there would be no way to get one to function correctly on it's own?

• 1 year later...