Warthog HOTAS

Zarma

Considering the comments from Wags in the latest video, I would say it is almost certain that it will be setup to to work with it out of the box.

Intel i7 13700K @ 5.3 GHz / ASUS TUF Gaming Z490-Plus / 64 Gb G.Skill DDR4-3600 / RTX 4090 / 2TB Kingston KC3000 NVME / Win 10 x64 Pro / Pimax Crystal / WINWING F/A-18 HOTAS

A-10C, AJS-37, AV-8B, F-4E, F-5E, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18C, F-86F, FC3, Christen Eagle 2, FW190D-9, Mosquito, P-47D, P-51D, Spitfire, AH-64D, KA-50, UH-1H

Combined Arms, WWII Asset Pack, China Assets Pack, Super Carrier, Falklands Assets

Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, The Channel, Syria, Mariana Islands, South Atlantic, Sinai

Considering that Belsimtek modules come with a built-in profile for the hotas warthog, I would expect no less from the Hornet.

never noticed LOL

i9 9900k, 64 Go RAM, RTX 4090, Warthog HOTAS Throttle & Stick, Saitek Combat Rudder, MFD Cougar, Trackir 5 Pro, Multipurpose UFC and Oculus Rift S (when I want some VR),

http://www.twitch.tv/zarma4074 /  https://www.youtube.com/user/Zarma4074 

Copy-of-DCS-A-10C-User-Bar-CMR-ConvertImage.jpg

never noticed LOL

Me too ! :unsure:

Aorus Z390 Extreme MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.0 GHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3600 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | Corsair TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD 1TB |TMWH Hotas with VPC WarBRD Base| Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | HP Reverb

What other Belsimtek module came with the Warthog already set up?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

Hi !

Will the Hornet be preset for the warthog HOTAS like the A10C is ?

May I ask why is that important? Just like most of us you will do your initial setup and then proceed to tweak it as you learn and become more experienced.

I am more interested in the Thrustmaster Joystick: they first announced it, then showcased the grip on a Warthog base at E3, but now a year later when the F18 is nearly out, there is complete silence. My uneducated guess AND hope is that they took a good hard look at the quality of products from competitors like VKB or VirPil and dropped the initial plan to release a new grip with the same base, and now they are working at something to match the new products on the market.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 5820K, 32GB DDR4, 3x250GB SSD RAID0, nVidia GTX 1080, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, Virpil WarBird base with Thrustmaster Warthog grip, MFG Crosswind rudder pedals - 2484.

May I ask why is that important? Just like most of us you will do your initial setup and then proceed to tweak it as you learn and become more experienced.

I am more interested in the Thrustmaster Joystick: they first announced it, then showcased the grip on a Warthog base at E3, but now a year later when the F18 is nearly out, there is complete silence. My uneducated guess AND hope is that they took a good hard look at the quality of products from competitors like VKB or VirPil and dropped the initial plan to release a new grip with the same base, and now they are working at something to match the new products on the market.

They're still working on it, Wags said that in his last livestream and indicated we'd be hearing more on it in the not-too-distant future.

I really don't think Thrustmaster gives a crap about VKB or VirPil. Flight sim controllers are a fairly small segment of their overall market, their bread and butter is racing sim controllers.

That would be awesome thanks Wags

ASUS Maximus X Hero; i7-8700K OC'd @ 5 Ghz; Zotac GeForce GTX 1080 AMP Extreme 8GB; 32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR4 3200Mhz RAM; 500GB Samsung EVO 960 SSD; Warthog HOTAS; Saitek Pro Flight Rudder pedals; HP Reverb VR; Realtus Forcefeel Game Pad running on SimShaker for Aviators software. :thumbup:

I use the Warhog HOTAS for the Hornet and it works quite well. I'll see about including my profile as the preset.

Was thinking of it but didnt bother to ask. Thanks

i9 9900k, 64 Go RAM, RTX 4090, Warthog HOTAS Throttle & Stick, Saitek Combat Rudder, MFD Cougar, Trackir 5 Pro, Multipurpose UFC and Oculus Rift S (when I want some VR),

http://www.twitch.tv/zarma4074 /  https://www.youtube.com/user/Zarma4074 

Copy-of-DCS-A-10C-User-Bar-CMR-ConvertImage.jpg

I use the Warhog HOTAS for the Hornet and it works quite well. I'll see about including my profile as the preset.

That would be appreciated Wags!:thumbup:

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

Fantastic !!! Thanks Wags :thumbup: :thumbup:

Aorus Z390 Extreme MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.0 GHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3600 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | Corsair TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD 1TB |TMWH Hotas with VPC WarBRD Base| Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | HP Reverb

I really don't think Thrustmaster gives a crap about VKB or VirPil. Flight sim controllers are a fairly small segment of their overall market, their bread and butter is racing sim controllers.

TM Warthog was the way to go for many if not most pilots and as they said last E3 they will "try to catch lightning in a bottle for the 2nd time with F/A-18 H.O.T.A.S.". VKB or VirPil manage to raise the standards for the build quality and fot TM is ether keep up with high end fly sticks or bail out. Since they already got a a good market share of the high end fly sticks, I don't think they are ready to give up on this market just yet.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 5820K, 32GB DDR4, 3x250GB SSD RAID0, nVidia GTX 1080, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, Virpil WarBird base with Thrustmaster Warthog grip, MFG Crosswind rudder pedals - 2484.

TM Warthog was the way to go for many if not most pilots and as they said last E3 they will "try to catch lightning in a bottle for the 2nd time with F/A-18 H.O.T.A.S.". VKB or VirPil manage to raise the standards for the build quality and fot TM is ether keep up with high end fly sticks or bail out. Since they already got a a good market share of the high end fly sticks, I don't think they are ready to give up on this market just yet.

And VKB and VirPil can't seem to get their production logistics figured out...yes..they're smaller companies, but everywhere I go when I've considered getting a VKB or VirPil it's either out of stock, "coming soon" or "TBA".

I'm just interested if some 3 position switches will be included, (flaps ,speed brake etc ) without tweaking of the lua like the f-5s default warthog setup is . Fun fact the speed brake needs to be held while airborne and it stays out with weight on wheels , so no forgetting it after a run in and climbing away in burner with it left out . Hornets speed brake light is more visible than most aircraft anyway though.

My uneducated guess AND hope is that they took a good hard look at the quality of products from competitors like VKB or VirPil and dropped the initial plan to release a new grip with the same base, and now they are working at something to match the new products on the market.

Now why would you hope this? Personally, I have ZERO desire to buy a VKB stick and throttle based on the Flanker to fly the Hornet. I’m sure the same can be said about using a Warthog to fly a Flanker. The most important fact is you WANT thrustmaster producing a Hornet Stick and Throttle setup because competition keeps prices low.

Fact.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Not sure if there will be an "offical" ED preset for TM Warthog and if the one you're using is the same but..definatelly would be great if we would get not only profile but an actual diagram for both stick and throttle. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commanding Officer of:

2nd Company 1st financial guard battalion "Mrcine"

See our squads here and our

Croatian radio chat for DCS World